Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West & Central Southern England - Weather Chat, 4th July and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

All this talk about the NE of our region, I thought most of this wintriness was coming from showers down the Irish Sea?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Showers will most probably pack in on exposed coasts etc from the stiff Northerly, but I was looking at the little feature/trough moving down on Saturday night. If it materialises there is potential for a band of more organised ppn to move inland.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

It is a little further east on the 6Z. There is deffo potential for some snow on it's easten side.

Rhgfs663.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Again, I am looking at only the one run in isolation, that being the GFS 6z outputs, but Saturday is "where it is at" when searching for any snow prospects currently. The highest peaks in the SW look most favoured by things right now and beyond Saturday I wouldn't be getting your hopes up just yet. The English Channel disturbance for Friday is still there but this system only affects the far Southern coastlines and has no cold air entrenched within it. Although way off in FI land, next weekend could see another opportunity for wintry synoptic discussions but let's get this weekend's events out of the way first before contemplating such a scenario please.  :)

Many a run needed yet to firm up on those potential disturbances in the flow for the weekend but I'm afraid I'm not as optimistic as I might have been previously. Nonetheless I'm looking forward to watching it all develop and seeing just how cold it might get this weekend and just where the snow reports come in from.  :cold:

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

A wet day with some heavy rain for several hours this morning sandwiched by drizzle and sharp showery bursts, it also looks like the front will wave again overnight into tomorrow morning so potentially another wet spell tomorrow before the cold/bright conditions head South.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Looking more and more like a non event for west country  :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

It will be interesting to see this evening's 12z FAX charts for the weekend to see what, if any, trough activity penetrates this far west into our region late Sat/early Sun as this IMO,is the time slot when conditions are most prime for wintriness for inland area's of our region.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow

Good old south west. Not one single mention of anything wintry from Mr Braine tonight. Strong winds with a wind chill is all thats on offer. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Looking more and more like a non event for west country  :nonono:

Absolutely. With these northerly shots it seems the earlier they are forecast the more it gets chipped away at so by the time it arrives its a cold wet squib!

Posted

The frontal cloud is finally making a shift South with hazy sunshine and a freshening WNW breeze. However although it was cloudy, the rain stayed South of here and I was pleased it was dry this morning as I had 4 hours worth of outdoor work to do to get my week completed.

8.3c at the moment, probably going to be the coldest day since March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Hello again, everyone!  :good:  A very dull summer for me - it rained when we went camping on the Isle of Wight and it rained whenever I had time off to do the gardening. Hoping for a little of seasonal excitement :cold::clapping: as I certainly don't feel ready to deal with Christmas preparations at the moment.

So it was 10C and cloudy with rain in the morning. It's now just 7C and sunny - feeling quite chilly :D

Doubt we'll see any of the white stuff round here this weekend but I am definitely up for a good ramp and pulling an all-nighter with anyone who's around  :gathering:

Cheers and here's to a Winter Wonderland :drunk:

Kate

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

feeling colder outside already, this cold snap is going to be a shock to the system

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Brrrrr, it's getting chilly out there. Lovely to have a dry day but it's a bit of a shock to the system, that wind cuts straight through you. Gritters out on the way home from work, guess that's winter on the way then.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Hello again, everyone!  :good:  A very dull summer for me - it rained when we went camping on the Isle of Wight and it rained whenever I had time off to do the gardening. Hoping for a little of seasonal excitement :cold::clapping: as I certainly don't feel ready to deal with Christmas preparations at the moment.

So it was 10C and cloudy with rain in the morning. It's now just 7C and sunny - feeling quite chilly :D

Doubt we'll see any of the white stuff round here this weekend but I am definitely up for a good ramp and pulling an all-nighter with anyone who's around  :gathering:

Cheers and here's to a Winter Wonderland :drunk:

Kate

Good to see familiar faces popping up again! Not much chance of anything white falling from the skies this weekend in our areas. Mind you the time where it looks more promising I'll be there!

Edited by festivalking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

9.6 today at 14:28.    Now 6.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Brrrrr, it's getting chilly out there. Lovely to have a dry day but it's a bit of a shock to the system, that wind cuts straight through you. Gritters out on the way home from work, guess that's winter on the way then.

Don't worry, winter will be over come Monday.

• Like 2

Posted

That's  a biting wind out there now. A shock after being in Fuerteventura the week before last where temps hovered around 25c during day and still at 20c at midnight.

The Winter NW rollercoaster begins. Hold on tight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Wouldn't surprise me. Having said that, next door's cat has the thickest winter coat I think I've ever seen on a cat and the holly trees are laden with berries, I'm taking that as proof positive we're in for a repeat of '46/'47 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Pretty much a non event down south, was never going to be anything other I think, at least it will feel more seasonal though.

I just hope this weekend isn't it for seasonal weather around these parts this upcoming winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Wouldn't surprise me. Having said that, next door's cat has the thickest winter coat I think I've ever seen on a cat and the holly trees are laden with berries, I'm taking that as proof positive we're in for a repeat of '46/'47 

I have to agree, have never seen the bracken so brown neither the amount of berries on the holy trees. Could be in for some cold weather this Winter which starts now. :)

Posted

The berries growth is always interesting. Do you consider the berries have proliferated because the season has caused them to do so, i.e. the warmth and the rainfall has generated the growth?

OR

Do you consider that the berries are natures way of generating a strong fruit, with no knowledge of the coming season, in preparation for some severe weather(not quite sure how it knows but still).

With respect to the bracken, I'd be more inclined to review the possible new growth as a suggestion of impending opportunities, rather than the colour, as natural death of a plant in autumn promotes the colouring.

I go for the first, YET, I am always prepared to listen as to why for the later.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lamp post watching later tonight........the sign of a hardcore coldie  :D

• Like 3