Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2015/16.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Don't complain - it's only fair that we take-on part of the burden.

Yep your right there - got a feeling this winter is going to run and run and all for the wrong reasons. About 36 days since we had a frost here, really can't believe it and only 1 day this month which has had a single figure max. :(

• Like 1

Posted

Eastern Europe is set to experience a chill :cold:

Although back in Blighty the cold pool to the E does not really look to make much advancement into Western Europe. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c
16 hours ago, sundog said:

I noticed some cherry blossom trees budding some of their pink flowers today,that says it all about how mild its been.

i was out for a wlalk today and noticed full grown daffs in full bloom..now i have seen the odd one before in a mild December but not whole areas of full grown and in full bloom...if i didnt know and you plonked me here and ask me to guess what month it was..i would have said it was either late March or early April

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
43 minutes ago, Luke Andrew Price said:

In October 2014 I bought a nice big can of De-Icer..  I STILL haven't needed it!!  

Take it you're in the south?, may need it new years day very early on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Someone somewhere on here a couple of days or so back mention our latitude is the same is northern  Canada and how we can't get the cold another perfect example comes from Poland just goes to show how much the Atlantic can kill our winters

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Snowing now in the Alps down to about 800 meters, winter has arrived for Western Europe and we'll get into the action in a couple of weeks time. Another late spring on the cards would be my punt. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
1 minute ago, shotski said:

Snowing now in the Alps down to about 800 meters, winter has arrived for Western Europe and we'll get into the action in a couple of weeks time. Another late spring on the cards would be my punt. 

Yes shotski, I tend to agree there and a good punt.

• Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Someone somewhere on here a couple of days or so back mention our latitude is the same is northern  Canada and how we can't get the cold another perfect example comes from Poland just goes to show how much the Atlantic can kill our winters

not strictly true...the UK is on the same latitude as Calgary (London) and Edmonton ( Manchester) which isnt northern Canada 

• Like 1

Posted
13 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

not strictly true...the UK is on the same latitude as Calgary (London) and Edmonton ( Manchester) which isnt northern Canada 

I think he's right. If only the weather spun from east to west, we'd be buried by snow every winter and have lovely hot summers too!   

If we all get our hair dryers out, we might be able to slow the earth and spin it anti-clockwise, therefore ending Britain's run of stupidly mild winters!!

Who's with me?

• Like 2

Posted
12 minutes ago, cyclonic happiness said:

I think he's right. If only the weather spun from east to west, we'd be buried by snow every winter and have lovely hot summers too!   

If we all get our hair dryers out, we might be able to slow the earth and spin it anti-clockwise, therefore ending Britain's run of stupidly mild winters!!

Who's with me?

im sure you would take a.n Edmonton winter over a Manchester one...i certainly would take an Edmonton summer anyday of the week.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, cheeky_monkey said:

im sure you would take a.n Edmonton winter over a Manchester one...i certainly would take an Edmonton summer anyday of the week.

Ah the long sunny summers of Alberta...and winters for that matter. Perfect minus the mosquitos

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Ah the long sunny summers of Alberta...and winters for that matter. Perfect minus the mosquitos

winters are very long..summers pretty short but both are mostly sunny..but you do pay with the mosquitoes which is a real downside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

After an exceptionally wet spell things could be changing towards a drier and cooler spell and some wintry showers at times

And the longer range forecast

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/features/35228964

Edited by Summer Sun