Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2015/16.

Paul

Posted

Winter is over in the model thread, no other kind of weather is worth living for apart from cold and snow apparently.

Forecast 11 degrees tomorrow in Manchester up from 5 degrees today. If it's going to rain it might as well be mild I say.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Winter 2015/16....

Kick it until it dies. Burn it with fire...nuke it from orbit.

Suffice to say I hate it and can't wait for this ugly sister of the 2013/14 monstrosity to sod off.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not surprised SS, only going to become more frequent, the chances of 'date' records going

not to mention whole month like Dec '15, even I never said sometime in Nov 'mildest Dec on record coming up', perhaps I underestimated the christmas pudding

Posted

Since May 2010, the high maximum temp here has gone in January, March, April, May, October, November and December.

Its not without irony that all three summer months and September have failed spectacularly to do the same. Though June, July, August and September have all been within a degree of the record minimum!

We've basically being breaking the records at the wrong ends of the year.

• Like 1

Posted

Certainly turning into an exceptional 3 month period for persistant anamolous mild conditions, with date records continuing to be broken time and time again. It must be down to the super El Nino - its no coincidence is it we are seeing such long drawn tropical maritime air.. west QBO another major factor as well.

Hoping we see a much more seasonal Nov-Jan period next year.. surely probability of another 13/14 or 15/16 must be very low. Why can't we see such persistant warmth in our summer months.. we had colder conditions in late July than we've had at many a stage this winter.. its not right.

Edited by damianslaw
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, damianslaw said:

Certainly turning into an exceptional 3 month period for persistant anamolous mild conditions, with date records continuing to be broken time and time again. It must be down to the super El Nino - its no coincidence is it we are seeing such long drawn tropical maritime air.. west QBO another major factor as well.

Hoping we see a much more seasonal Nov-Jan period next year.. surely probability of another 13/14 or 15/16 must be very low. Why can't we see such persistant warmth in our summer months.. we had colder conditions in late July than we've had at many a stage this winter.. its not right.

I mentioned earlier that, according to my records, the temperatures on 24th July 2015 and 24th January 2016 were within 0.5C of being the same! What a rubbish climate we have.

• Like 1

Posted

How about this?

Both December 2015 and January 2016 have had higher temperatures than it reached in the whole of May 2015

May 2015 max 14.5c

December 2015 max 15.2c

January 2016 max 14.7c

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and snow
58 minutes ago, Lake District Blizzards said:

How about this?

Both December 2015 and January 2016 have had higher temperatures than it reached in the whole of May 2015

May 2015 max 14.5c

December 2015 max 15.2c

January 2016 max 14.7c

As much id love to have cold weather, I think this is pretty incredible as an all round weather Enthusiast. Very interesting indeed

Posted
18 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Maybe something colder by mid Feb plenty more wind and rain before then though which isn't good for the areas already hit by flooding

35346344.thumb.png.3c773151069664351cc2d

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/

You sense John Hammond is a cold weather lover, he was the first to suggest a colder pattern as we hit mid Jan back on the 5 Jan - he couldn't wait. I think the Met are seeing a mid atlantic high development as we approach middle of Feb allowing more of NW/N flow to take hold - certainly very plausible given projected developments over upper atmosphere and effects on the Polar Vortex - i.e. a weakened and displaced force with perhaps the main core to the north of scandi. Mid-late Feb despite a warming sun, can certainly deliver very cold conditions every bit as cold as what can be produced in mid-late Jan, its a bonus in some respects as well with the extra daylight allowing more time to enjoy and see any snow, and experience wintry conditions - its not that great waking up in the dark and going home in the dark, and you can't see the countryside in the snow and frost..

Edited by damianslaw