Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been a mostly dry day today surprisingly, was expecting a washout. Cloudy with some wind around. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

7c so not to warm, lol..

Dull damp and yet more depressing weather.

Dont care abort the warmth but their are going o be so many depressed people in this weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Another cloudy start here, the rain was very short lived but did produce a few millimetres.

This December is really dragging, bring on Christmas and hopefully a more seasonal theme beyond this point. The outlook suggesting that there will be little change except for an increasing zonal signal before Christmas with the increased risk of some stormy conditions developing for a time,

That said I would take perturbation number 20 from the GEFs this morning.

gens-20-1-360.pnggens-20-0-360.png

No white Christmas but the beast arrives soon after (This is a Jan 87 type event with the low actually stalling over us with exceptionally cold 850s over our region)

It won't happen but at least we see a member or two going for this.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.
5 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Another cloudy start here, the rain was very short lived but did produce a few millimetres.

This December is really dragging, bring on Christmas and hopefully a more seasonal theme beyond this point. The outlook suggesting that there will be little change except for an increasing zonal signal before Christmas with the increased risk of some stormy conditions developing for a time,

That said I would take perturbation number 20 from the GEFs this morning.

gens-20-1-360.pnggens-20-0-360.png

No white Christmas but the beast arrives soon after (This is a Jan 87 type event with the low actually stalling over us with exceptionally cold 850s over our region)

It won't happen but at least we see a member or two going for this.

Whilst the models produce charts like above I suppose there must be some hope as they all are produced from a similar start.
That must be one of the most Jan 87 charts I have seen.
I really wish for a Jan 87 as that was amazing and would satisfy all the south east people on here.
To think though that 86/87 was a nino winter.
I do think in my ageing bones that this could happen.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Here we go again. It's Sunday and it's Grey, damp, mild & miserable!

Anyone else feel like the second half of November & all of December so far is just playing out deja vu!

more of the same to come all next week, with the same mild depressing (no sun) weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
12 hours ago, myleon73 said:

It's 8:25pm and in Harwich Essex, the Temp is 17.7c !!! What is going on, its December.

Hello myleon73 and welcome. Yes, ridiculous temperatures and the coming week seeing particularly mild air from way south of the Azores waft over the Region by Thurs.

And typically, here we are with another grey and wet weekend. Chilly today too, only 6C here.

(myleon - could you pop your location into your profile. Cheers.)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just done the weekly shop, chilly with a constant thick drizzle. Simply vile.

The temperature is around 5C at the moment.

Whilst last year wasn't great, a memory on facebook of visiting universal studios in Watford did bring back fond memories of sunshine and frost.

archives-2014-12-13-12-0.pngarchives-2014-12-13-12-1.png

Sums up last winter, not particularly great but it brought a beautiful clear sunny day with a high of 5C in London, there was an air frost when we left at 6pm.

What I would do for even this!!!!

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

wet and horrible  here in suffolk

Posted

Can't believe how mild it outside, really want colder seasonable weather! 

any chance this will happen soon?

thought I would post some photos of the last snow fall here in match 2013! Hope you like them :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by clark3r
  • Like 6

Posted

Very nice photos Clark :good: 

it is coming up 3 years! since the last proper snowfall and that's quite shocking I must say we have been snow starved winter 13/14 was so appalling not even any sleet, winter 14/15 gave a single smattering - while it remains to been seen what winter 15/16 can deliver. Funnily enough I have a lot of expectation this winter...if it turns out pants I will emigrate to Greenland. :closedeyes:

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 2

Posted

Don't blame you, Greenland would guarantee snow I would have thought!

latest gfs is not looking Good! Think I may have to give the model watching a break for a while as not much to look forward to at the moment!

Posted
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Very nice photos Clark :good: 

it is coming up 3 years! since the last proper snowfall and that's quite shocking I must say we have been snow starved winter 13/14 was so appalling not even any sleet, winter 14/15 gave a single smattering - while it remains to been seen what winter 15/16 can deliver. Funnily enough I have a lot of expectation this winter...if it turns out pants I will emigrate to Greenland. :closedeyes:

Don't tempt fate, we all know that a monster Greenland high would just set up shop to deliver well above average temperatures to Greenland with the UK in the freezer if you did. :rofl:

This afternoons output is probably one of the worst I have ever seen, there isn't even a cold GFS ensemble member in the entire pack, the CFS is constant zonality until around 2025 and I have run out of straws!!!

Otherwise everything is just dandy.

• Like 2

Posted

Onwards we go, another cloudy and mild day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

I think this week will be onwards (with the mild) and upwards (with the temps)!  :( Today the coolest day - if we're lucky we may even stay in single figures! (how exciting!). :D

Must stay calm and positive! Jan and Feb to come and if the PV drops it's guard it could be spectacular!

Posted

Cloudy and feels quite strange for some reason, very little wind about, in fact no wind. Just feels wrong I think, there's nearly always wind here for a start. 

Posted

I've worked out what feels strange, well it's more sounds strange. Just went out to the local shop for something, and the birds are singing, sounds like spring out there. Also saw two magpies that seem to be nesting. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Cloudy, misty but does look like the sun is trying to say hello.

The end of this week is going to very interesting in terms of how high them temps can get in any sunshine, looks like the weekend will be very useable which is much better than the damp mild drizzle rubbish of late.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Christmas BBQ this weekend anyone, Sky news have mentioned that if sun does break long enough end of week/ weekend then 18c is very possible 

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy all day here, it does feel a bit chilly outside, only 8C the high today. This will probably be the last single figure maximum for some time.