Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
8 minutes ago, Hotspur61 said:

Been another mild day but at least we saw a bit more sun today compared to the rest of the week. Shows how mild it is as grass still growing and bulbs have popped up over ;last 2 weeks. Looks like another mild week for SE although temps may drop a little as week progresses but still above average. Think week commencing 14th Dec may give us more seasonal temps although from my viewing of models can't see a cold spell showing up anytime soon :sorry:. Wind is really getting up again and gusts of 50mph forecast for tomorrow so stay safe everyone. Mind you they are going to really suffer in Northern England and Scotland with some substantial rain so we are the lucky ones down here !!     

Agreed , we won't get anything like up the north. Of the country but I'm surprised to hear some quite heavy gusts. I wasn't expecting anything at all tonight.

Edited by loopydreamer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Glad it is staying up north mostly as it's windy enough for my liking. It's pushed two small bins up the road already. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Insane sunrise this morning!

12304402_10208046474420940_1368879251985962438_o.jpg

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Very windy here. Strong gusts, much more so than the last winter storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
51 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Indeed, seems a lot windier than anything so far this winter and is set to continue still through early tomorrow morning... some big old gusts here 

Yes, very gusty here too and my fence panels are swaying ominously! The OGIMET report for the Wattisham Airbase, a few miles up the road from me, shows that up to 06.00 this morning there's been a gust of 61.2 km/h (38 mph). With this wind set in for the day I reckon that will be exceeded later.

OGIMET Wattisham.jpg

27 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Yes, very gusty here too and my fence panels are swaying ominously! The OGIMET report for the Wattisham Airbase, a few miles up the road from me, shows that up to 06.00 this morning there's been a gust of 61.2 km/h (38 mph). With this wind set in for the day I reckon that will be exceeded later.

OGIMET Wattisham.jpg

Can't rule out the odd 50mph in the region later

Posted

must  be  windy  outside   my car  keeps  telling  me of theft  attempt  with it being pushed  about!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Horrid wind, fence panel blown in. Bugger off! High pressure please with some SUN!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Cloudy but not overcast today, mainly as the cloud base has been high. Very windy today but otherwise not much else to say.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Windy and cloudy here in central Hertfordshire this afternoon! The wind hasn't been that strong, just a normal winters windy day.

thank god the rain is staying ooop Norf 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

It's only the 5th of December and I am already sick of this **** weather, is there no end in sight?:search::unknw: Snow seems to be a luxury these days and will feel very special, should it ever arrive.:cray: Cloudy, windy....................who cares anymore? 12c:(

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Mokidugway said:

It's a tad wet here , glad I went to London last week ,no trains north of Preston !!

Hope you are safe from flooding in your location Mokidugway? :(

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Power flickering here. It's gustier than I thought it'd be this far south but not a patch on the stuff the north's getting battered with. Hope everyone's staying safe.

Posted
2 hours ago, Shelton Bates said:

Just a tad windy here in Pulborough

Welcome to the forum :)

Could you please provide your location via your profile settings...cheers

Not particularly attention worthy here the wind meanwhile to the NW there's been great flooding and it's still ongoing. It is relentless having viewed the radar it seems that it's been going on for some 24-36 hours.