Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Windy sums it up about now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Haven't noticed the wind too much here yet, a pretty nothing day otherwise with solid cloud.

As for the weather for the week ahead, mild, windy with some rain at times. In fact there will be double figure maxima for all down here.

I really hope things change soon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Haven't noticed the wind too much here yet, a pretty nothing day otherwise with solid cloud.

As for the weather for the week ahead, mild, windy with some rain at times. In fact there will be double figure maxima for all down here.

I really hope things change soon.

Sadly for us lot in the south, it looks like little will change with any snow reserved for scotland and/or 'northern hills' at best. Oh how I hate those words. 

Edited by Costa Del Fal
  • Like 1

Posted

I am from Seaford (Sussex Coast) ... and are beach is disappearing by the second... and we have another windy storm tomorrow. The Environment Agency trucks are waiting for the word go to replenish the beach.. gonna be waiting for some time. 12289566_10153101710426822_8325795946571

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Hi everyone! Took quite a while to get out of Lakeside Retail Park just now. Always interesting when high winds affect the Crossing. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

More of the same tosh here today, windy damp and mild.

So bored of this weather! Seems like everyday is the same

Ps.. A high wind gust does nothing for me either.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I am from Seaford (Sussex Coast) ... and are beach is disappearing by the second... and we have another windy storm tomorrow. The Environment Agency trucks are waiting for the word go to replenish the beach.. gonna be waiting for some time. 12289566_10153101710426822_8325795946571

Fantastic picture. Yours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

having not lived a million miles away, My parents and I would often go to Seaford during high tide and windy Sundays and happily dodge the waves, can remember a lot of pebbles on the road.

Sadly for us lot in the south, it looks like little will change with any snow reserved for scotland and/or 'northern hills' at best. Oh how I hate those words. 

Looking at the forecast for 2010 it really does suck and I do not say that lightly, Not a lover of strong winds.

Edited by Dami

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I did call it back in October we are going to have a wet windy and mild winter, so far, that's exactly what we got, lots of winter left though

All of winter left in fact. Lol. Still, not looking great is it but with El Nino I am not surprised.

Posted

Lots of people writing off December for any wintry weather here!

I believe it's not Looking good for at least the next 2 weeks, who knows a wintry blast may arrive for Christmas this year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Keep your knocker to yourself please!!

Windy woo here, the whirly washing line is now at a jaunty angle, definitely needs a new base.

Lol! It's the way I can tell how strong the wind is. My £5.99 Argos weather station doesn't do wind gusts, so I have to rely on my door knocker. :D Calmed down a lot here as my knocker has gone quiet, gusts must be about 20mph now. I sense a cold spell over Christmas and into the new year. Probably a Scandi high building towards the start of January, which can mean only one thing..............drizzle, just kidding, I mean snow. :cold: :cold: :cold: Although my hazelnut tree thinks winter is over, it still has a few of its old leaves on, but it has already started to bud underneath. :shok: Rats are everywhere, flies are still errrrrr flying and I saw a wasp too.

• Like 1

Lol! It's the way I can tell how strong the wind is. My £5.99 Argos weather station doesn't do wind gusts, so I have to rely on my door knocker. :D Calmed down a lot here as my knocker has gone quiet, gusts must be about 20mph now. I sense a cold spell over Christmas and into the new year. Probably a Scandi high building towards the start of January, which can mean only one thing..............drizzle, just kidding, I mean snow. :cold: :cold: :cold: Although my hazelnut tree thinks winter is over, it still has a few of its old leaves on, but it has already started to bud underneath. :shok: Rats are everywhere, flies are still errrrrr flying and I saw a wasp too.

keep taking the pills Lassie , you'll be fine :)......
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I really need to stop doing these drives back from Essex, an accident on the M25/M11 junction then torrential rain and high winds all the way to Cambridge, then suddenly the rest of the drive was under clear skies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

The temps may be classed as mild but that wind felt pretty cold today!!! Still hoping for a surprise pattern change mid December just in time for a snowy Christmas.....well you have to dream big, eh?!xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The temps may be classed as mild but that wind felt pretty cold today!!! Still hoping for a surprise pattern change mid December just in time for a snowy Christmas.....well you have to dream big, eh?!xx

Totally agree, 12c earlier. but felt much lesser with strong westerly gale!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I did call it back in October we are going to have a wet windy and mild winter, so far, that's exactly what we got, lots of winter left though

....as in all of Winter still to come

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

That was one blustery Sunday and a really intense squall line went through during the evening.

I thought it was meant to be mild overnight? A chilly 6.4C here this morning, even though there's been steady rain and cloud cover. Looking like any sighting of the sun this week will be as rare as spotting a Steve Murr sausage!

• Like 1