Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

latest fi charts, are looking a bit sexy  :wink:

How sexy? :wink:

Well these so called midies enjoy this oppressive cloud fest crud.

A horrible day looking for winter to make a pounce...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Much better looking day (hopefully!). Blue sky to start with just a couple of small patches of thin decaying cloud. Chilly though at 5.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Or maybe the forecasters get just as excited about the cold but know their audience doesn't and are appeasing them.

Many hate snow and the cold, many of us love it in winter. I guess fbat skews our perception of many wanting snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Or maybe the forecasters get just as excited about the cold but know their audience doesn't and are appeasing them.

Many hate snow and the cold, many of us love it in winter. I guess fbat skews our perception of many wanting snow.

Hi Lauren,

Everyone I know prefers the cold. As cold weather in the UK brings cold and sunny or dry/cloudy weather to the UK in the winter with snow around rather than blizzards causing chaos. 

There are more issues with high winds/heaving rain/floods in this country causing disruption, so why anyone or any weather forecaster would prefer "MILD" is beyond me.

Yes you can have the above weather in a cold flow, but you are much more likely to see it when Mild is forecast - ie.. Atlantic driven

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

My dad for one hates cold and snow, and always has, so such people do exist! :D

Oh I have no doubt that cold haters exist. My issue is how TV forecasters portray Cold & snow to be catastrophic yet Mild as amazing, which usually in winter means high winds/floods and heavy rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Good Evening everyone,

Someone help me please to confirm that I am not losing my marbles! I could have sworn looking at the weather forecast after the 10 pm news on BBC1 yesterday evening the presenter said that the south east coastal areas of Essex and Kent would be clear of rain by mid morning today. On this morning's Breakfast on BBC1 Carol (the Dancing Queen and her of humbinger fame) Kirkwood, more or less stated the same timing of the progression of the rain band through the southeast followed by sunny spells and only a few showers. Nothing could be further from the truth. Here in mid Essex we have had cloudy weather all day with either drizzle or heavier bursts of rain and as I type it is still hammering it down outside.Even in early afternoon when the sun was attempting to shine through a veil of cloud it was still drizzling.

How can the Met Office with its wide array of sophisticated technology get the weather forecast so wrong at a very short range?

Kind Regards

Dave

Yep same happened here, and even into the evening. While I was watching the ITV weather just before 6:30pm it was raining, they were saying how it should be dry with maybe a few showers to the west of the region. I'm in the most eastern part, and it wasn't dry, and it wasn't showers either, it had been persistent all day and still was. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Just been dull here today. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Largely fine and sunny here today, just a little high cloud from time to time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

latest fi charts, are looking a bit sexy  :wink:

Never going to happen because this is the UK and the UK weather sucks! Had torrential dullness this morning, followed by blustery dullness in the afternoon, followed by nothing in the evening. :closedeyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

my hubs doesn't like cold and snow due to a sports injury, and finds it hard to walk on snow and ice. I am in two minds about this mild weather, as I now have an early start to school rather than just the afternoon, so it's not so bad to be outside waiting for the door to open, while I find the chance of a bit of snow just as exciting as a thunderstorm. However last weekends snow was a bonus as I don't expect much this side of new year.

Posted

Bet there would be lots of complaints if there were no forecasts. Ok they might have got it wrong in some areas. I am sure they did it just to annoy.

I look forward to the forcasts in the future from all the moaners, which I am sure will be entirely accurate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Bet there would be lots of complaints if there were no forecasts. Ok they might have got it wrong in some areas. I am sure they did it just to annoy.

I look forward to the forcasts in the future from all the moaners, which I am sure will be entirely accurate.

lol funnily enough my mate's look to me for forecasts when it comes to snow or wind, quite a few do sea fishing. Thanks to this site I've not been wrong yet. It started when I said to ignore the snow warning in the daily news paper. I don't forecast as forecast though, just tell them what it looks like for now and I'll let them know if it looks diferent later. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I wouldn't go as far as to say "moaners" but we have loads of options now, if we want to avoid certain forecasters and have a (hopefully) decent forecast.

I find it interesting that people really laud Rob McElwee. I appreciate he was (is) very good, but I found him too concise, in the pre internet days of no access to weather models. He'd say things like "and the outlook is interesting!" when finishing his forecasts with a grin. I could generally guess what he was saying, but found myself thinking "for goodness sake, please elaborate more!"

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

interesting gfs charts again tonight with late fi bringing back the hi pressure to the north east, going completely against the winter forecast just issued, & if I would put a punt on it I would say we will get a cold snap just before Christmas but will probably not last through to Christmas day :wink:      

• Like 1

Posted

interesting gfs charts again tonight with late fi bringing back the hi pressure to the north east, going completely against the winter forecast just issued, & if I would put a punt on it I would say we will get a cold snap just before Christmas but will probably not last through to Christmas day :wink:

Must be very sexy indeed... :)

I do have an incline December will not be awash with zonality - I'm going to have a week or 2 absence from this site ta-ra.

Unless something stirs up from the gutter?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Must be very sexy indeed... :)

I do have an incline December will not be awash with zonality - I'm going to have a week or 2 absence from this site ta-ra.

Unless something stirs up from the gutter?

See you in 2 weeks then ;) Edited by Crystal Memories
  • Like 1

Posted

I think there will be an intense cold snap in winter 2025 :cold: :cold: :cold: :cold: Dry and cool at the moment.

Posted

look forward to that then, wonder if burger king will still be around, you may need a new home ;)

LOL! Already had to move when Wimpy went under :oops: 6.6C here and dry :good:

Posted

Oh no sorry you lost your house Do they reallly keep burger king that cold these days I'm sat in at least 22c here lol

Needs to be cool, can't have the burgers going off :rofl: The Scandi/Siberian high has appeared in the models again :cold:  :shok: