Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

Afternoon folks, well I don't know if we had any snow here during the night but it was lashing down with rain a little earlier and throughout the morning the wind considerably picked up and as I ventured out to collect something from the post office I certainly got a nasty shock to the system when I felt that northerly blowing straight through me, I had my thick winter coat on too but it still made me shudder   :cold: it's quite strong too probably gusting 40-50mph at times as a guess.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Interestingly enough, although areas East and South of London got lots of snow on that Nov '10 Easterly, from Central London North and Westwards it was bone dry! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Looking at the 48 forecast for overnight tonight, temps will be lower here (from a minimum of 1.6c) to a suggested minimum of -1.3c, 'sleet' is forecast for my area instead of last nights 'rain' which turned into 'some wet snow'.

DP also looks to be around 1c lower than this morning when the wet snow fell :D. Tonight though I'm going to get some sleep lol

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy Winters, Hot and Sunny Summers - Never Mild!

So happy that it snowed in London...thought I missed the whole event due to work. :sorry:

At least it DID snow and I'm happy lots of you got to see it.

Oh well, I'm just gonna enjoy this cold snap for as long as it lasts and hopefully I'll get to see some of the white stuff in Winter. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Not in 2010 when we had a severe end of November and december?!

Where I am we didn't have any snow that year until december, and it never snowed In Eastbourne during those months in 37 years.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Interestingly enough, although areas East and South of London got lots of snow on that Nov '10 Easterly, from Central London North and Westwards it was bone dry! 

That was because between 25 and 29 November the winds were northerly or north-easterly, causing snow showers in the south to be mostly confined to north and east-facing coasts (although they penetrated right across to the west over much of Scotland and northern England, assisted by trough activity).  Then when the wind veered easterly, persistent troughs set up over the Wash and south of the Thames, leaving the area in between bone dry.  That cold spell got off to a great start in Norwich, with frequent snow showers between the 25th and 29th and an aggregate snow depth of about three inches, but then a milder pool of air came in overnight 29th/30th, causing a partial thaw, followed by a refreeze, and no more significant snow, so the Norwich area ended up with two inches of sheet ice on the ground for the subsequent week.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Good to see plenty of sunshine today! Despite the wind, which wasn't as strong as I feared. In fact out of the wind and in the sun it didn't feel too chilly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Showers turning to snow here.  It's a touch wet, but definitely snow rather than sleet.  Haven't been on here so far today as my computer has failed (I'm typing this on my dad's laptop), so I'm not up-to-date with the FAX charts - is that warm sector that we were forecast to have overnight still likely?

Posted

Just been to the bin outside got some snow on it!,,,

Posted

Hey All, the dew point is on the low side -5C while the temperature is 2C an air frost is coming already sub zero in a number of places there may be some snow towards dawn although confidence is low here.

Posted

I am happy to report we have snow in Norwich! A decent covering too!

Nice!

The E4 is showing accumulations enough to make a snowman in fact.

post-19153-0-92568900-1448143131_thumb.g

A constant trail of showers..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Just wet here - and I'm higher than Norwich (40 metres amsl approximately).

EDIT - just having a squally shower of what appears to be hail, or maybe graupel?

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, snow, and cold snowy snow

Couldn't help but spend half an hour watching the snow falling here. Even got my 9 year old daughter up to watch.....the smile on her face is what makes me a coldie!!!!!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well it looks like I was the unlucky one on here, rain throughout and the skies are now clearing a little.

Well done to all those seeing the white stuff this morning. Staring at a bottle of milk is the best I can do.  :rofl:

Nah not just you, nothing but rain here either, a very chilly day though in that wind, brrrr.