Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

If you can do me that black pudding with some scallops and bacon, you're in!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Well thats our lot for now, cold tonight and then the Atlantic returns, so mild, some high winds too at times, and rain of course.

Nothing wintry on the cards for at least 7/10 days on the horizon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was nice enough, we did get a rain shower this evening and it is now icy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

We spent the day with friends north of Norwich. Frequent showers with hail and sleet during the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Woke up this morning, pressurized the boiler as the house was wayyyyy to cold.

The house is being decorated right now so the rads are off also, pressurized the boiler and boom, 2 TRV's popped open, massive leaks, mopped it all up, drained down the heating system and waiting on some blanking nuts for the TRV's.

Had no heating all day here apart from the gas fire in the lounge, but turned that off (as is costs a bomb)

Current house temp. 9.1c, last nights inside low, 7.9c  :cold:

Woke up this morning, pressurized the boiler as the house was wayyyyy to cold.

The house is being decorated right now so the rads are off also, pressurized the boiler and boom, 2 TRV's popped open, massive leaks, mopped it all up, drained down the heating system and waiting on some blanking nuts for the TRV's.

Had no heating all day here apart from the gas fire in the lounge, but turned that off (as is costs a bomb)

suprised your boiler relief valve didn't blow ...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

suprised your boiler relief valve didn't blow ...

There wasn't any extreme pressure in the system, just due to the cold, the trv's opened with their frost setting lol :(

The boiler wasn't running during the night as I had a few leaks, didn't want to deal with them, (slow leaks) so pressurised this morning, thats then the trv's opened up, (I'm not an expert on central heating or plumbing) :p you can probably tell haha

Tomorrow I will get some blanking nuts, stick them on the trv's, then re-pressurize the system and bleed the rads accordingly, I need some heat in this house :O Everyone else has vacated, I'm the only one left, I'm a coldy but this is rediculous :O

Edited by Essex Easterly.

There wasn't any extreme pressure in the system, just due to the cold, the trv's opened with their frost setting lol :(

The boiler wasn't running during the night as I had a few leaks, didn't want to deal with them, (slow leaks) so pressurised this morning, thats then the trv's opened up, (I'm not an expert on central heating or plumbing) :p you can probably tell haha

Tomorrow I will get some blanking nuts, stick them on the trv's, then re-pressurize the system and bleed the rads accordingly, I need some heat in this house :O Everyone else has vacated, I'm the only one left, I'm a coldy but this is rediculous :O

they are a pain have had hassle with mine in the last week ..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

they are a pain have had hassle with mine in the last week ..

I'm having trouble with my nuts in this cold weather too, 2c here :cold: :cold: :cold:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

What?!!!  :cold:  :shok: Thought my house was cold yesterday @ 16c, but that's just ridiculous!!  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

behave!  :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

^ Nutters! :D

One of those lovely mornings where you open the curtains just as it's getting light and think how beautiful it looks outside. Everything white with frost and the rising sun giving a red tinge to the sky. -1.2C overnight.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

It looks very cold out there. white and a lovely red sky. 

and I need to walk to school today ;(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

So to those what wasn't getting too excited about last weekend's possible snow tease for late Autumn, do you prefer the current outlook for the end of this week instead? Does it give you with lots to talk about? I know what I prefer  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Beautiful stunning morning here, thick frost and everything white. Frost now lifted and sun is out.

Very cold, currently 2c

Once again TV forecasters grinning like a cheshire cat this morning "turning mild again" 

Yeah because I love those double figure temps, days upon days of rain and mild Atlantic winds.. NOT

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So to those what wasn't getting too excited about last weekend's possible snow tease for late Autumn, do you prefer the current outlook for the end of this week instead? Does it give you with lots to talk about? I know what I prefer  :rofl:

We could talk about how waterlogged our lawns are, or how many frogs have been spotted in our gardens thanks to 20c temps in November :angry::cray: Personally, I think it is time we drained the Atlantic. :good: Sunny crisp and cold for the last time. :cray: 6.5c :cray:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a second air frost in a row. Not that much so far today as there is a lot of high cloud. It is still pretty bright though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

Looking at the models from last night and this morn can't see any snow coming for the next few weeks. 

Certainly nice to feel some cold, and to update my signature this early was nice!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Nice day today, still on the chilly side though. Not looking forward to more wind and rain though.