Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted

The nod thread is in sniping shouting worst at moment. Nick Sussex S Murr and Tamara all being snipped at. So sad I am thankful for CS posts which stop me going in there.. I do agree the Stella of Nov Dec 2010 has spoilt us somewhat and the the desire for cold gets blinded when looking for cold. U can tell it's bad when frosty disappears right bed for me I have to deliver my daughter's advent calendar early tomorrow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Crikey, the absence of 'cold' has hit the MOD thread big time.

Anyone would think someone has died!

I more then anyone would love this mild Atlantic crap to do one & be be replaced with cold and snowy weather, but it isn't going to happen. This side of Christmas at least.

A lot to look forward to, Christmas party's, going to the pub with family & friends and Christmas Day.

Hopefully January will deliver!

Speaking of depressing.. It's 1st of December tomorrow and the weather is grey cloud with a balmy 14c.. Yuk!!

Christmas sucks big time, so I hope for snow to lift the suckyness of this over hyped, religious free, money spinning crap fest :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It's a very mild night, still recorded 13°c in the car, even stepping out in ypthe breeze it didn't feel cold. Had cooler nights in Summer lol ;)

Will have a browse of the MOD thread before zzzzz it'll either send me to sleep or make me chuckle at the petty squabbles, my house is bigger than yours garbage

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Wow this looks different, looks good. Been a nice dry day here but cloudy. Think I might have went a bit to low on my CET for this month though if this mildness keeps up. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

1st official day of winter????

More like the first day of Spring... Sunny spells here and feeling very very mild.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So a reasonable day for once, still mild and fairly breezy but at least the sun has come out for decent periods.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

I'm liking the new forum layout. Been cloudy here, with occasional sunny spells. Nice to see the odd bit of sun today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

cloudy windy more yuck than yuck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
5 hours ago, Surrey said:

Potentially our next storm down here looks to arrive saturday night into Sunday loads of time left though for change... Further North looks very wet and windy this week :(

Certainly seems to be the case

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

60-70mph gusts again.

Not a lot of joy for the next 10 days or so with a generally west to south west feed with spells of rain at times with only the glimmer of hope of seeing the high over Europe move north enough to kill off some of the rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Well I dont mind temps of 12-14c in December but can we like today just have some sun and blue skies.

Endless days of cloud and mild is just full of depression and huge amount of SAD.

Posted

Looking very likely no snow this side of Christmas! Sure we would see signs of a cold snap if it was going to happen! 

This is is the worst weather for me, dull mild, often wet and very windy! Not a frost in sight!

Posted

Crikey very balmy again and another night of keeping one leg out the duvet!

Annoying thing is by the Weekend it'll be mild but very wet with it ggggggrrrr could do so much more if was dry and mild even if it is just cloudy!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Just heard John Hammond on Radio 4's Today nail his colours boldly to the mast about his preferred weather, 'cold and crisp!' He also said 'you never know things may change for the Christmas period' With my 'cold bias' in full throttle I believe the subtext for that statement to be 'everyone is guaranteed a white Christmas, with exactly the right type of snow!!!!'

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Sums up how mild it is - knocker is talking about a second bunch of daffs being out for Christmas over in the Mod thread!! It's 10.9C to start here - but for a change the sheet of grey has broken up and some low sun is turning the patches pink. Nice!

• Like 1

Posted

I think the word 'surprised' would sum up how I felt outside this morning, yes I was wearing a coat, jumper and hat, and maybe the wind was a tad chilly but other than that, in the words of hubs, 'it's more like a morning in late august' Because out of the wind, it really did feel very mild for this time of year, no frost or mist either.

Sunny and clear here now.

Posted
17 minutes ago, Dami said:

I think the word 'surprised' would sum up how I felt outside this morning, yes I was wearing a coat, jumper and hat, and maybe the wind was a tad chilly but other than that, in the words of hubs, 'it's more like a morning in late august' Because out of the wind, it really did feel very mild for this time of year, no frost or mist either.

Sunny and clear here now.

WOW you sound like your dressed up for Winter ;) 

Posted

it has been sunny all morning up here, mild too.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Kent Blizzard said:

WOW you sound like your dressed up for Winter ;) 

only because I expected it to be chilly out..but as a rule i do trend to feel the cold more than most, so for me not to feel cold is saying something!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

What a brilliant day it's been: 14C and unbroken sunshine...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
13 minutes ago, Ed Stone said:

What a brilliant day it's been: 14C and unbroken sunshine...

We didn't get the sunshine until after 11 here, but I agree, the best day for quite a while, especially with the persistent nagging wind giving us a respite.

I really don't like long spells of cloudiness, or gloom in Winter; it definitely makes me struggle with my mood. (S.A.D. or whatever it may be)

Something of a colourful sky here too a bit earlier, albeit from a quarter of an hour plus, after sunset. :)

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Lovely day, fairly warm too for the time of year. Alas it is downhill from here with rain and strong winds.

Gales forecast from Friday evening onwards and throughout most of the weekend if the latest GFS is correct.