Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well a windy night yet again. This morning it is bright and breezy and again very mild.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

After a very gusty night (though not as much as the night before), the wind has died down a bit now. Also been raining a bit here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well the strongest wind over night was 56 MPH so blowing constantly from yesterday here. Still getting gusts in the high 40's now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Bright and very breezy start to Sunday. Still silly mild at 13.3C. The OGIMET 24 hr report for the local airbase at Wattisham shows the strongest gust at 66.7 km/h (41.4 mph). Looking like cloud and a few spots of rain will turn up later as the (now decaying) front that caused the floods in the NW arrives.

Another breezy week coming up. Mild to start. Rain Tues. Then cooling down a tad with max temps around 10 - 11C. Snow for the Scottish mountains so it's a look at their webcams for my fix. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So in light of the continuing mild conditions, lets have a sweepstake;

So far this month all 5 days have seen a maximum temperature in double figures, the question is how long will this string of consecutive days continue?

Posted
27 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

So far this month all 5 days have seen a maximum temperature in double figures, the question is how long will this string of consecutive days continue?

My money's on Saturday!

Posted

All looks a bit doom and gloom on here this morning, fed up of this mild full and windy weather! All I can see is plenty more of it to come! 

Looked like models were on to colder weather a couple of days ago!

really won't some more seasonable weather, crisp Bright days and frosts! 

Hope me things change soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Bit of a contrast here without the winds this morning. I'm possibly the only person in the UK who quite likes winds and rain (with all obvious caveats that no one wants what the northwest has just had), but these mild temperatures are misery-inducing for me. I'm hopeful temps will drop below double figures next week but we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
6 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

At the rate we're going at, probably not until the NAMOC shuts-down - give it a couple of centuries!?:rolleyes::D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Brought a tree and put the decs up today. In true British style, very mild drizzly and grey!

Does not feel like December out there what so ever. No heating on and feels incredibly mild... Really hope it changes come Christmas week. 

Even just some cold (er) nights and sunnier days would be nice! 

Posted

Gloomy here too all day, just windy and mild.

I too have put up the Christmas tree.

12314105_10208412775979043_1129828876854

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

lovely looking tree! We've dragged ours in from the garden where it's been sitting in its pot since last year. It's naked and drying off will dress it tomorrow! :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Very little wind for a change, however it is raining which surprised me, forecast said dry with sunny spells.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Morning all.

A little bit of everything this morning, slight mist in the distance which actually could be drizzle, grey clouds but some blue sky on the Horizon, again very mild.

I have a feeling that we will get the cold many are after BUT our luck it'll arrive at the end of Feb just in time to mess up start of Spring and the lighter nights ;) If we look at this afternoon for example when the sun is suppose to turn up with it being 12*c if it was March that set-up could easily give us 15*c and at that time of year in the sun it would feel very pleasant and most of us would be outside enjoying it so I really hope it doesn't turn out like this, yes we can get decent snowfall in Spring but for me it is wasted.

I was looking at Mid-Month for a change but this morning I'm now not so sure so I guess it shows we have a few days to wait before we can determine our fate for the lead into Christmas.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Just gone out into the front garden, sun is shining, no wind.

Seriously its like spring out there, you could easily sunbath its so warm, well 13c but feels much warmer.

Working out side in shorts and vest top and even that feels to warm, I cant remember such a day working outside at this time of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

Surely nature will pay back it always does.

Just please not in March and  April like 2013.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
46 minutes ago, seaside 60 said:

That's my concern and the writing could be on the wall with that.

I'm currently the otherside of the window and when the sun is out you can feel that warmth, cannot believe someone had the heating on in here!

Does anyone know what the record temperature is for Christmas Day? If this continued we would surely come close to all time records once again.

Just had a quick google it seems  The record for Christmas Day is 15.6 deg C at Killerton in Devon in 1920

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
2 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

Oh I agree, however I think this month is not a done deal. It never is the last third of this month and January certainly is grabbing from a coldies perspective last years winter forecast 14/15 had in bold 'a cold hearted winter'. I sense this is is more appropriate this season.

The models do show a growing trend of average to slightly below average temperatures who knows what could happen thereafter I have an incline this winter will be one to remember.

So watch ths space. :)

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
3 hours ago, seaside 60 said:

A Siberian high is on its way this March:cold::cold: I put my decorations up in November:oops:They look awesome:air_kiss: (as they say in America), my pagan tree.......I mean Christmas tree, is only 2 feet high:shok:  Happy Pagansmas everybody:gathering: Where are the Pagan emoticons this year?:cc_confused: Oh forgot the Pagan weather info..................it's crap 14c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Ridiculously mild out there. 

Postman still delivering in his shorts. 

Back door open to air house and windows up stairs in bedroom open, how on earth is it Christmas Day in 18 days time..! 

Posted

Well the sun was out for most of today, very mild again though but with gentle breezes for once.

• Like 1

Posted

could we be heading for the 5th December in a row with out any snow, decent cold snaps? Thinks need to show signs by end of weekend otherwise I feel December is a write off for cold weather!