Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well another crazy day weatherwise working in just a t shirt today and still cutting lawns!. Have seen azalea's out already( just the 3 months early!!) along with roses still flowering and bulbs probably a month ahead of schedule. This is the warmest December I can remember in the last 35 years and this weekend and early next week show no signs of anything different. Peaked at 14.9 here today. Hoping to hit 60f tomorrow lol.

Posted
5 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Well , back in the SE thread again , Cambridge this time for a wedding at queens collage tomorrow ,it's so mild here :)..

Welcome back bruv :wink:

Sounds posh..."baby it's warm outside".  

Nature thinks it is Spring it is not good at all with possible icy blasts doing quite some harm. Currently 14C right now it's not expected to any lower than this, I think 17C may be achievable today. This state of dormancy in the weather has been lingering on for some time now, and I'm getting sick of it, I do feel sorry for SAD sufferers but it's even troubling me. Endless cloud, drizzle eurghh! Night folks, as it stands Xmas day is looking more seasonal, praise be.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

14-15C outside in the region to start the day, crikey!!!

NMM going for a high of 16C, though I suspect a degree or so higher is possible.

nmmuk-0-14-0.png?19-06

Looks like my location is the prime position today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
11 hours ago, Mokidugway said:

Well , back in the SE thread again , Cambridge this time for a wedding at queens collage tomorrow ,it's so mild here :)..

Might as well move down here for good, we get summers,:good:even in the winter:cc_confused::blink2::drunk-emoji:

54 minutes ago, Essex Easterly said:

14.0c here already :shok:

15.5c here at the moment:shok: All the cold air is stuck in the mid Atlantic, what a complete and utter waste of a northerly. My tree is budding 3 months early, by the new year, it will be blossoming. I just cannot get into the Christmas spirit  despite the Christmas emoticons:reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji::cold-emoji: I have my fan on at night to help me sleep. This is turning out to be a disgusting winter, we have all that cold water in the mid Atlantic so we get all our weather from the south/ south west instead.:wallbash:Barbecue Christmas I'm afraid.:drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

15C here at 8:50am on December 19th....very mild! Wondering when this pattern will finally shift? Don't mind the mild so much but the constant wind and cloud is really getting to me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Just watched the BBC Weather forecast and what's his name (Chris Fawkes I think) said they were awaiting all reports to come in but that could have been the mildest Dec night on record. He put up a leader board and good old Santon Downham (Suffolk) was on the list at 16C.

I hope the overnight GFS run isn't correct for Xmas Day. It's got a front coming down from the NW stalling slap bang over our Region before slowly retreating back north, giving a wet and windy day. High ground in NW Scotland looking good for some white stuff though, with the -5C 850hPa isotherm moving in for a time.

EDIT: Sorry guys, just listened to the lastest from Mr Fawkes and the 16C list was at 09.00 this morning. He mentioned Chivenor in Devon at 14C as the possible record breaker.

Edited by Blessed Weather
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The sun is out here, albeit hazy. 16C at the moment, this is getting ridiculous, this is a decent day in October, let alone mid to late December.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

I went out to my orthodonists appt at 8am this morning in a jumper and I was too hot. IN A JUMPER. IN DECEMBER!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Cloud was briefly low and heavy earlier, but thinning again now.  As far as Im concerned, the comparative brightness is very pleasant, but not the excessive warmth.  Even BFTP is forecasting a +6C Central England Temperature (CET) anomaly for January, which would surely make it as warm as this month has been so far.:wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Essex Easterly said:

Milky skies here! 14.8c

Cam1..jpg

17'6c and sunny here, warmer than Madrid :shok::drunk-emoji:Winter clothes, deicer, rock salt and anti freeze are piling up in shops, soon they will be giving it away.:reindeer-emoji:

Posted

Very, very, mild bordering on warm with it being 17C at the moment some hazy sunshine not that far away from 18C which is unprecedented, this December is of complete contrast to 5 years ago. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I'm currently in Ely. I'm not fussed about it being mild (in fact I way prefer this weather to raw, cloudy, snowless cold) Hazy sunshine earlier, but mostly cloudy now.

At least it's not been overcast in the last two or three days, which can turn me into a grumpy sod!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Soccer am's 'kick' game at the end, bright blue skies, must feel like Spring down there

It's as warm as, undoubtedly, but to me a warm Spring day mostly feels that way because of the much more powerful Sun, which can really heat your car, dark coloured t-shirts etc. Necessarily different now, but OK, IMO. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Late May/Early June day here, hazy sun and 17c. 

Xmas eve chart shows the cold Air out to our NW wanting desperately to move SE, but the omnipotent Euro high move North by about 1000 kms at least in 24 hrs and shoves it right back into the Atlantic, I just believe it!:wallbash:

Edited by snowray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

High here of 13.0 today, I'm actually glad I'm not in the milder areas, I think it would feel strange to be so warm a this time of year.