Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine

I am in south London, it has been a problem for me since a child although I have improved over the years looking at forums doesn't help but it's almost like keeping on top of the situation @Kent Blizzard thank you so much I will try to enjoy the next few days always hate this time of year and the pretence of feeling festive 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
34 minutes ago, amanda2012 said:

I am in south London, it has been a problem for me since a child although I have improved over the years looking at forums doesn't help but it's almost like keeping on top of the situation @Kent Blizzard thank you so much I will try to enjoy the next few days always hate this time of year and the pretence of feeling festive 

Problem is with forums and getting information from it to ease your nerves is that you'll find a good number of posters ( not so much in here ) will ramp ( make a bigger deal of it than it is ) weather events/extremes.

For wind/gales keep an eye on the observations on http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

What I'm hoping for as an Xmas gift is a Met Office update along the lines of:

"increasingly strong signals that the weather will turn exceptionally cold from the second week of January due to easterly winds sourced from Siberia. Snow showers will become increasingly frequent and prolonged with those in the south and east especially affected." 

Not too much to ask for surely?

Happy Christmas to everyone.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

was 10C this morning at 5:45am when hubs went to get the rest of our Christmas food, been windy then it rained. A lot colder and it would been the white stuff, so as we didn't get any snow, treated Bubs to a 'snowman' picnic 'snowman cookies we baked this morning, snowman shaped crisps, snowman soup (hot choocy and snowman shaped marshmallows ) and her fave cheesy sandwiches, while watching the snowman on telly. :snowman-emoji::ball-santa-emoji:

Still got the wind so I couldn't do my fairy grotto surprise as it would of blown it  down so hopefully it won't cloud over to see santa past a bit later.

merry Christmas to all:cold-emoji::santa-emoji::snowman-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

opps posted this in south west thread instead

:drunk-emoji:

Posted
1 hour ago, lawrenk said:

What I'm hoping for as an Xmas gift is a Met Office update along the lines of:

"increasingly strong signals that the weather will turn exceptionally cold from the second week of January due to easterly winds sourced from Siberia. Snow showers will become increasingly frequent and prolonged with those in the south and east especially affected." 

Not too much to ask for surely?

Happy Christmas to everyone.

The GFS 12z is a gift. 

Right on cue the new year! 

I'm glad to see I've stuck to my thoughts. Anxious times ahead.

image.thumb.png.f9b75710afeef4bb2dfa0cad

image.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely

Feel for New Yorkers current lunch time temps is 22c a whopping 17c above average, um actually ha ha as you always get mega snow storms 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Some juicy runs today from the GFS for something more seasonal in the new year, fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas everyone.:reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji::snowman-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The rain didn't last long today with a bright first half of the morning and an afternoon of sunshine and showers with some interesting cloudscapes.

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

Maybe a patchy frost in rural sheltered spots tonight.

As for Christmas day, fair to say that an indoor day would be a wise decision.

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

The rain doesn't look too heavy but it does give an unpleasant vibe to the day. It will also become very mild by the end of the day (12-14C).

Oh well lets hope for a better January eh :)

Oh hello

gfs-0-276.png?18gfs-0-300.png?18gfs-0-360.png?18

lol bank :drunk-emoji:

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
27 minutes ago, leedsnowfan said:

Without doubt probably the snowiest run I've ever seen, however it is a big outlier. The convection would be out of this world, I know we have got the wrong side of the dice MANY times, once and so often we get it. I feel the time is prime. For many of us in here - it's coming up to 3 years since our last proper snowfall. Oh boy, we earnt it! :friends:

Merry Christmas folks :santa-emoji:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

Would love a snowfest,merry christmas to all in our lovely regional page,and everyone else,hope you all get what you want

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has a fun and productive Christmas in terms of being merry.

The weather will be what it will be, no point letting the drudgery get us down. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Happy Christmas everyone. I'm with the family in the Black Forest and it's mild here too, but a least dry with lots of sunshine, being sat under the Euro slug high pressure. This is my 8th trip here and it's the first year without snow. Here's what it should look like:

567d00f2e0892_TitiseeLake2reduced.thumb.Titisee1.thumb.jpg.c72eb28dcf22593a17bbd

But even without snow the mountains always seem to look beautiful:

567d01e9b6b62_20151221_135123reduced.thu567d01f47f00a_20151222_165008reduced.thu

Hope you all have a wonderful day and today's GFS delivers us the best charts ever for a snowy New Year!! :santa-emoji::reindeer-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely photos Malcolm - Merry Christmas from back home in Blighty. :santa-emoji:

No sunshine here a drab, December, Xmas day one for the bin.

Another injection of warmer air incoming...the app shows it to plateau at 14C from 1600 this late afternoon to 1500 the following day, one thing I can't stand is the lack of diurnal temperature variation. Edit: it would be nice if more faces contributed in this regional.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Turkey cremated and the breast can be used as a decent shoe insole. Check:angry:

Family arguing. Check:angry:

People Sulking. Check:angry:

Got everyone lovely expensive presents. Check:angry:

Got biscuits in return. Check:angry:

Weather super duper. Check:angry:

Hope everyone else isn't :angry::angry::angry:

Merry(ish ) Christmas everyone:angry:

Hope you're not as :angry: as me:reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji::cold-emoji:

13.3c:angry:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e

merry christmas everyone 

it was a bt wet earlier, temp outside is 12.3c

was looking @ the weather on tywydd app i think we might be in for a shock in the new year as they are perdicting it will get colder

just checked again its warmed up :wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

just been  looking at the  early warning  for the next big  storm due  mid week  its looking pretty   grim   to say the least

Posted

A corker of a run ECMWF 12z, very snowy.

T+240 would deliverer a decent snow event 10cm plus widely - and what would lead thereafter is tantalisingly good. Christmas Day gifts, albeit a wait on the delivery? 

image.thumb.gif.068e1f10d5ae21d4f08c386f

Edited by Daniel*
Typo
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine
1 hour ago, tinybill said:

just been  looking at the  early warning  for the next big  storm due  mid week  its looking pretty   grim   to say the least

For us down south what would be the gusts?