Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: greenhithe, kent (nr bluewater) 51.45216 n 0.25966 e
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

hi amanda

your are looking at 50mph gusts max  so its not too bad about the same as all the other storms  this year so at bit blowy really :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A pretty grim day weatherwise, that said a great day of food, drink and fun so all I well and I hope everyone had the same :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine
35 minutes ago, greenhithe said:

hi amanda

your are looking at 50mph gusts max  so its not too bad about the same as all the other storms  this year so at bit blowy really :)

Thanks hope you're having a lovely day 

Posted

blowing a gale  outside  think we are lucky , to what going on in other parts  of the uk this  morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Was blowing a hoolie outside last night, but the wind has since calmed down. Cloudy at the moment, the clouds are travelling pretty fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow in winter hot in summer

amanda just to add again, windspeeds predictions have ben downscaled so nothing to wory about

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

bright, breezy and very mild. Overall not too bad.

Posted
14 hours ago, amanda2012 said:

For us down south what would be the gusts? 

It's been downscaled quite a bit as said. Doesn't look any worse than anything we've had so far this year. Nothing turning up the TV/ music won't disguise the noise. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Very gusty here last night, with some drizzley rain around this morning.

Posted

At  lest we are  the lucky  ones  just spoke to people I know in York it's  awash

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Another British winters day, another mild wet grey muck day. 

So let me get this right... When a stupid weather TV forecaster is grinning from ear to ear how "mild" it is - this is what their pleased about?

days upon days of rain/ Terrible lifetime floods/ no sunshine/ grey skies and temperatures of nearly 17c 

Really winds me up. 

Give me cold anyday, cold weather in this country usually means clear and crisp away from Scotland.. I'd take that then listen to stupid BBC weather forecasters bang on "at least it's mild" 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
On 12/25/2015 at 4:25 PM, lassie23 said:

Turkey cremated and the breast can be used as a decent shoe insole. Check:angry:

Family arguing. Check:angry:

People Sulking. Check:angry:

Got everyone lovely expensive presents. Check:angry:

Got biscuits in return. Check:angry:

Weather super duper. Check:angry:

Hope everyone else isn't :angry::angry::angry:

Merry(ish ) Christmas everyone:angry:

Hope you're not as :angry: as me:reindeer-emoji::santa-emoji::cold-emoji:

13.3c:angry:

Don't worry, mine was **** too!

Hangover from hell Christmas morning, and extremely tired, even though I had 9 hours sleep! Before leaving to go to the families place I threw up outside, so then decided it's not worth the hassle and I will see the fam on Boxing day, spend Christmas alone, still too ill to cook any dinner, awake all Christmas night watching TV, boxing day still tired, still not feeling great, dad comes over, argument happens, then I can't be bothered to do anything!

On the plus side this is the first Christmas/Boxing day I've not had any alcohol in 8 years, oh and my sleeping pattern is not too bad today, I went to bed at 7pm last night, woke up at 2am, (after waking up literally 10 times!) made it to 8pm, still fine now, so hopefully will be good till tonight, have a decent 10 hour sleep tonight and carry on with a good pattern to new year!

Happy chap aren't I!? :closedeyes:

• Like 2

Posted

Well today was cack, and now the skies have cleared :wallbash:

Well this weather will continue until the bitter end before we enter the model mess that is January at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Most people are expecting an easterly soon:rofl: Still got turkey.......it won't finish:(:drunk-emoji: Mild here, 13.8c oh and ******* dies in the Force Awakens:shok::ninja:

Posted

Car thermometer displaying 14C never have I seen it so late in the year, you could say it is unprecedented this time last year it was seasonal with frosts courtesy of slack flow HP. Awful flooding in northern England, there seems to have been little to no respite meanwhile it has been drier than average in our region. It looks to turn either v. wet or v. snowy further out with Atlantic wanting to compete with cold pool from the east. The latter would be preferable with the flooding woes aplenty, interesting model output nonetheless. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Although a cool down looks likely  in FI I think plenty more rain is also on the cards sadly for the NW,  perhaps some snow for the NE & Scotland.

its a start! Get the cold in and I'm confident things will start to look exciting for us as we reach middle of next month which let's not forget is only the middle of winter and history tells us the 2nd part of winter is when our chances of snow are nearly always greater.

Posted

Very noisy out tonight, the birds are singing as if it was June and dawn was approaching and foxes are in my garden barking at each other. :lazy:I guess they think it's spring. Very mild out, need some:cold:to keep them all quiet.:angry:

Posted
2 hours ago, Essex Easterly said:

I didn't know foxes could bark :cc_confused:

Well they certainly don't meow:D:reindeer-emoji: Got red sky in the morning here.:santa-emoji: How does that saying go.....'red sky in the morning, gonna rain.:drunk-emoji:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1