Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England and East Anglia weather discussion/chat - 15th November 2015 onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A lovely day, still fairly mild during the middle of the day but it is now quite chilly outside under clear skies.

In terms of the longer term, I should have asked for a raincoat for Christmas, or a sturdy umbrella.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I will have to design some new age Christmas cards with umbrellas, raincoats, shorts, floods and fallen trees.:nonono:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hold the phones, the GFS gives us something we haven't seen in over a freaking month.

Modele GFS - Carte prévisions

A frost!!!!

Only 8 days away!!!

Wake me up when October finally ends.....

• Like 2

Posted

Much of Europe is cold tonight but the UK sticks out like a sore thumb. For our latitude it is a sad sight but "thanks" to that great expanse of water and warm ocean currents it's always a battle. Another winter scorcher of a day top temp 14C with some sunshine - I must say, this is even worse than 13/14 winter so far and that takes some doing.

image.thumb.png.501fc4509dcd8774678b6794

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Looks quite a lot of rain for us Wednesday afternoon (today), accompanied with some gusty winds ( nothing too major Amanda ), driving conditions with surface spray would be a hazard,

Not quite sure what to make of tonight's outputs, little bit of everything on offer between 4th-9th (FI) a few more outputs needed over the next 48hrs before we can make a forecast IMO.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

So far, nothing too impressive tonight. A tad blowy at times but I'm hoping it'll ramp up a little in the morning. I've long since forgotten what seasonal weather is...or maybe this is now it? A light dusting of snow in January last year is the best I've managed in two winters. Seriously worried 15/16 will make it a hatrick. Bah humbug.

• Like 2

Posted
10 minutes ago, amanda2012 said:

@Kent Blizzard thank you but I'm a bit worried about Monday night what's your view? Thanks 

Quite gusty perhaps 55/65mph gusts overnight into Tuesday.

Nothing of major concern and certainly time for downgrades.

Posted

A very wet, drip day rain setting in for the afternoon, quite heavy rain of that more lighter and patchy for East Anglia, and then it'll eventually clear for the bulk of us towards Midnight.

image.thumb.gif.2cc2d6903a4a68df41312878

Edited by Daniel*
spelling mishap

Posted

Gggrrrr have a neighbour down the road that's had a broken gate for a couple of months, it must not have a clasp to keep it shut because during any breeze/gust it bangs all the time, surely they are aware crikey!

anyway as that is stopping me settling for sleep I been thinking.....at least I have actually seen snow falling in 2015 & not so long ago at that.....even though it was for 3 x 5 minute bursts on a Saturday morning!

wouldn't like to be out at sea tonight, Bailey forecast Hurricane Force 12 with 12 1/2 meter waves ! #StormFrank

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Bit blowy this morning...

The longer term pattern does not look good for us folk down south. The jet is going south but then brings the lows further south with the block out East these will go no where fast.

I follow a page on Facebook and they posted a chart of what the northern hemisphere temps might look like in 2-3 weeks. Major warm up in the Arctic with cold digging south into America and to the east but yep you guessed it not over us!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Looks like we are heading for a repeat performance of last winter. Into the first half of January and still NO snow forecast for our area. With many of us not even experiencing a frost yet. 

Lots more rain to come.

I find the MOD thread hilarious.. One member in particular (a mild lover) seems to be reeming with delight that the GFS shows Atlantic domination, even though he/she claims it's terrible for flood stricken areas. 

With their posts continually going all day everyday reminding us how wet/powerful the atlantic is I find his/her posts exhausting to read. 

When the UKMO model showed that undercut at 144hrs yesterday of course he/she didn't want to know.

But show him/her a mild 144hr chart and he's/she's all over it. 

Time to take a rest from the MOD thread and charts and come back in the new year. Hopefully for a better change! 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Looks like we are heading for a repeat performance of last winter. Into the first half of January and still NO snow forecast for our area. With many of us not even experiencing a frost yet. 

Lots more rain to come.

I find the MOD thread hilarious.. One member in particular (a mild lover) seems to be reeming with delight that the GFS shows Atlantic domination, even though he/she claims it's terrible for flood stricken areas. 

With their posts continually going all day everyday reminding us how wet/powerful the atlantic is I find his/her posts exhausting to read. 

When the UKMO model showed that undercut at 144hrs yesterday of course he/she didn't want to know.

But show him/her a mild 144hr chart and he's/she's all over it. 

Time to take a rest from the MOD thread and charts and come back in the new year. Hopefully for a better change! 

I, was looking in the mod thread and it has gone into melt down... I haven't thrown a snow ball now for 2 years where I live.. next year will be the 3rd madness.

RE Atlantic dominance, It sure has no end in sight now.. How about this chart for the first day back for many :(

Surface pressure GFS Mo 04.01.2016 12 GMTSurface pressure GFS Mo 04.01.2016 18 GMT

I will be keeping a VERY close eye on this the GFS keeps toying with it south and North but will keep people updated 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

This weather is rubbish!:angry: Apparently there was a huge increase in storms before and during the 'little ice age'.:cold:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Not long till the rain arrives, bored as hell today so deciding to have a couple of pints in the pub later and watch the rain as it falls against the windows.

Posted

winds  geting  up just waiting  for frank to arr !!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I was going to post in the moans thread but that doesn't seem a particularly welcoming place at the moment for people who want (*gasp, faint*) cold in winter, so I'm going to moan in here...

My pear tree is budding leaves :( 

• Like 3