Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning
On 17 January 2016 at 0:55 AM, Costa Del Fal said:
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Max temps saturday coldest in the west about time.

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rtavn10217.html

Not liking those temps at all I feel this is another missed chance and only the mountains will get any snow look at those temps incoming in the SW. damm models fooled us again lol. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms

Guys..

Don't give up yet on the weekend.

BBC (John Hammond) saying rain in the south, but snow further north. With a sly grin!!!

Anyway I have recorded 63.9mms in the last 4 days.

That would be nice as snow.!,:D:D:D

Current temperature of 2.6C and falling.

MIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
On 20 January 2016 at 9:49 AM, Bishop Brennan said:

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Midlands Ice Age said:

Guys..

Don't give up yet on the weekend.

BBC (John Hammond) saying rain in the south, but snow further north. With a sly grin!!!

Anyway I have recorded 63.9mms in the last 4 days.

That would be nice as snow.!,:D:D:D

Current temperature of 2.6C and falling.

MIA

(What is going on with this new forum software ? Won't let me post this post till I'd posted the 'reply' above! Sooo bizarre... )

Anyhow, was just going to comment that I never know whether we're South or North when they only give those two options on the national forecast!

Posted
31 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

(What is going on with this new forum software ? Won't let me post this post till I'd posted the 'reply' above! Sooo bizarre... )

Anyhow, was just going to comment that I never know whether we're South or North when they only give those two options on the national forecast!

lol I know getting rid of old posts is a nightmare, and just been on Mod thread interesting post from Fergie he said currently they think it will snow in West Mids on Saturday. All subject to change though.

Posted
43 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

lol I know getting rid of old posts is a nightmare, and just been on Mod thread interesting post from Fergie he said currently they think it will snow in West Mids on Saturday. All subject to change though.

Glad it's not just me then! Thought, as I'm on my iPad,  maybe it doesn't like iOS much?

Yes, I saw Fergie's post - he's not committing but it does seem a tad hopeful. Would be nice to see a bit of proper snow before the spring! Sigh.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Our own marginal spell here in Gothenburg tomorrow. Low pressure tracking south around Copenhagen tonight and southern Sweden tomorrow sending some Ppn spiralling northwards and dragging colder air from the north around the low. Rain most likely near the coast but a chance of some sleepiness and snow for a time in the morning especially should the heavier Ppn arrive which looks likens close call. So even here we have marginality issues! The U.K. Is not alone. Lol.

Posted

I think this weekend is going to end up a damp squib   i was a little excited on Monday but to be honest feel like the lows will be to far south.   Starting to look forward to spring now and forget about this winter

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, weirpig said:

I think this weekend is going to end up a damp squib   i was a little excited on Monday but to be honest feel like the lows will be to far south.   Starting to look forward to spring now and forget about this winter

Yh looks like nowhere in the UK will see snow now unless streamers pop up in the North of England. Latest bbc forecast had the lows further South almost missing the UK completely the same as the gfs pub run and temps also a degree higher. Seems this Winter just isn't going to spark into life. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Snowyowl9 said:

It is a messy scenario Coming up and a forcasters nightmare.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=3d

brack1a.gif

well looking at that fax  unless im reading it wrong there is a front straddled over wales and the midlands i just cant see it being cold enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Weather for My area Bbc Showed sleet sat morning/ afternoon this morning Snow at night, now just light rain. lol

Posted
3 hours ago, Snowyowl9 said:

It is a messy scenario Coming up and a forcasters nightmare.

http://weather.unisys.com/gfs/gfs.php?inv=0&plot=850&region=eu&t=3d

brack1a.gif

Looks pretty easy to me lol. Rain snow for the mountains it's just not Cold enough for any snow at low levels. 

Posted
13 minutes ago, fizz511 said:

Not holding my breath, but....

image.png

I wonder if they have the latest data, would love to see that happen though. 

Posted

Screenshot_2016-02-10-12-40-30.thumb.png

Just to add to the fun place your bets now please how long will it take for the Met to change it to rain lol. 

Posted
Just now, snowangel32 said:

Screenshot_2016-02-10-12-40-30.thumb.png

Just to add to the fun place your bets now please how long will it take for the Met to change it to rain lol. 

oh please!  lol   some may still have a surprise but to be honest im loosing the will,   ive seen a covering of snow this year  infact everyyear for the past 3 or 4 .  so i am just gonna wait till the day and lampost watch,  while my wife watches me watching a lampost  

Posted
3 minutes ago, weirpig said:

oh please!  lol   some may still have a surprise but to be honest im loosing the will,   ive seen a covering of snow this year  infact everyyear for the past 3 or 4 .  so i am just gonna wait till the day and lampost watch,  while my wife watches me watching a lampost  

I know the feeling well lol, gd to see there's still some hope though but just can't see it. The only saving grace is the wind direction is coming from the NE. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

I know the feeling well lol, gd to see there's still some hope though but just can't see it. The only saving grace is the wind direction is coming from the NE. 

and to add to the confusion  bbc weather just stated still snow a possiblity just dont know where   all depends with the low on saturday???    and showed a lovely image of the midlands being under the snow band  lol im obsessed

Posted
Just now, weirpig said:

and to add to the confusion  bbc weather just stated still snow a possiblity just dont know where   all depends with the low on saturday???    and showed a lovely image of the midlands being under the snow band  lol im obsessed

Yh it's just to marginal to call, seems last hour or so they are firming up on snow for the midlands which has to be good and our last marginal event the wind direction was coming from the NW then west, this will be from the NE so the chances have to be better. I always prefer the band not to be on us because you know when it comes it will correct further north or south lol. 

Posted
1 hour ago, snowangel32 said:

I wonder if they have the latest data, would love to see that happen though. 

I think they have data that's not available to the general public, but I don't think they're any better at forecasting T12 and ahead than anyone else!

But it's nice eye candy for the moment! :)

Edit - Pah! It's downgraded a bit already! Lol

Edited by fizz511

Posted

Looking through the forecasts online and tv..... Half going for dry and cold half going for showers or more prolonged precipitation....whatever happens im going to have a walk around ladybower and have some nice pub grub at ladybower inn this weekend.... Whether its in the snow/rain/sunshine....  Itll look pretty whatever the weather....