Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted

Looking at the radar, that's it then! About as good as it gets in winter 2015/16.

To the Southeast and EA thread then where it's suddenly getting interesting...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!
45 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

We saw a few snowflakes! First all winter. Lasted all of a minute!

Edited by fizz511
This blummin forum won't let me post properly! So just to say Well Done Serendipity!

Posted

This forum software doesn't like iOS...

Edited by fizz511
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

For what it's worth the Gfs 00z wants to give us some back edge snow, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, but let's hope it's a trend and not another false dawn.

image.thumb.jpg.8b73465e178f615ace3a78cdimage.thumb.jpg.dd828a3ee12665dc8941c109image.thumb.jpg.17c7f8a30a754f974c0d29a2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
27 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

For what it's worth the Gfs 00z wants to give us some back edge snow, but I wouldn't get your hopes up, but let's hope it's a trend and not another false dawn.

image.thumb.jpg.8b73465e178f615ace3a78cdimage.thumb.jpg.dd828a3ee12665dc8941c109image.thumb.jpg.17c7f8a30a754f974c0d29a2

ECM has trended the same way, still likely on the wrong side of marginal though. 

Posted

Managed to get down to freezing despite the wind howling down the Cheshire gap. All OK for snow- except no showers formed west of Lincolnshire. This winter just can't get it right. If it had stayed at 3C we'd have had them..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

things starting to look good for Wednesday/Thursday with this front looking like it could stall out and give central UK a 24 hour snow event... could be some fun and games for us in the Midlands of course its still 2/3 days away so could and probably will go pear shaped but maybe just maybe we will get the goods this time round...

• Like 2

Posted

Well had three snow showers yesterday.... As the sun was setting could see light snow shower towards mottram....  Fell to -4c last night with really hard white sparkling frost and iced over puddles and ponds.... Was in buxton early and you could see the sprinkles of snow still and hard white frost everywhere.... May get down to -6c/-7c  tonight.....Looking forward to wednesday and what it might bring..... I was thinking maybe some places could even start with freezing rain as the ground may well be cold but the transistion to sleet/snow could spring a few suprises.... Ukmo, Ecm and gfs seem to be, atm, wanting for a quicker transistion.... Bbc have a max of 2c here wednesday.... 

Posted

Well ive just been to Matlock and cleared the shelves in Sainsbury's.... the BBC has now upgraded my area to all snow all day in fact its given 10hrs heavy snow followed by 10 hours of light snow from 7am on Wednesday...i will take that....

Edited by bigsnow
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Well ive just been to Matlock and cleared the shelves in Sainsbury's.... the BBC has now upgraded my area to all snow all day in fact its given 10hrs heavy snow followed by 10 hours of light snow from 7am on Wednesday...i will take that....

You'll need more than that!!

....with all the snow-starved from Netweather heading to Crich to stay with you.:D

• Like 3

Posted

New weather graphics with louise lear on bbc news 24..... Snow all day wednesday?  Gfs looking good too but more so later wednesday into thursday....we shall see....

Posted

Yep sure got me confused... bbc has us down for snow all day Wednesday yet the models suggest its Thursday....like you said we shall see... maybe we will get 2 days of snow...lol

• Like 1

Posted

Not much offering from the MetO or the BBC for me, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that these guys have got it right..... :)

image.png

Posted

Felt really bitter today

heres hoping for snowmageden midweek!!

surprised how many dark nimbus clouds have drifted across from the North East this afternoon  quite dramatic against the sunset 

Posted
1 hour ago, bigsnow said:

Yep sure got me confused... bbc has us down for snow all day Wednesday yet the models suggest its Thursday....like you said we shall see... maybe we will get 2 days of snow...lol

How much for bed and breakfast lol, big upgrade from the BBC last night showed pure rain today a lot of snow mixed in even to lower levels.:drunk:

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, snowangel32 said:

How much for bed and breakfast lol, big upgrade from the BBC last night showed pure rain today a lot of snow mixed in even to lower levels.:drunk:

if i had the room i would invite everybody here for a mega snowfest party....:drunk-emoji:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
2 hours ago, WillinGlossop said:

New weather graphics with louise lear on bbc news 24..... Snow all day wednesday?  Gfs looking good too but more so later wednesday into thursday....we shall see....

you I think are the best placed member on this forum for snow Wed through to Thur, few others like polar maritime, bigsnow, terminal moraine, fedmog, kasimweatherquarnford

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

you I think are the best placed member on this forum for snow Wed through to Thur, few others like polar maritime, bigsnow, terminal moraine, fedmog, kasimweatherquarnford

I wouldn't rule out snow to low levels at present a real mix but the trend today has been for the cold air to mix quicker and give snow to even low levels for a time obviously the Peak District are in line for a pasting though. Pub run looks crucial tonight. Interesting few days coming up.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Lovely Jubly Will.

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Staffordshire said:
On 1/16/2016 at 7:52 PM, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

You guys look quite well placed for snow this week, as for me im too far north, but fingers crossed for you guys!

not sure why it has put my text like that above, but that is me typing lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Staffordshire said:

not sure why it has put my text like that above, but that is me typing lol

the quote system is a pest!, gentleshaw at 210m could well see wet snow