Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Weather Chat

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Nothing here yesterday, so still not seen a flake fall in Bewdley all "winter" -- but at least it (just) made it below freezing last night. Super day today, though, with sunshine all day. Hoping for a decently cold night tonight. Would love to get my first -5 °C of the winter, but in this location that'll need ideal conditions. Probably -3 or -4 is more realistic.

Posted

Like that local weather dianne oxberry didnt go past tomorrow afternoon..... And said no warnings out so little or no snow..... Haha... Hope that bites her on her bum! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW
11 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

Like that local weather dianne oxberry didnt go past tomorrow afternoon..... And said no warnings out so little or no snow..... Haha... Hope that bites her on her bum! 

If it dont i will.... nash nash nash....

• Like 1

Posted

I love think either later tonight or early tomoz met are going to put up a warning of some sort just to cover the possibilty.... Dont want another birmingham 1991 fiasco.....

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Delete :oops:

Edited by Dancerwithwings

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
3 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

I love think either later tonight or early tomoz met are going to put up a warning of some sort just to cover the possibilty.... Dont want another birmingham 1991 fiasco.....

Maybe! But then again it certainly would make up for the lack of snow over the last couple of winters....Personally things are to marginal for us lower level folk....ATM :-) 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, Thunder storms and lightning

It's time to check how far I am asl every metere counts lol, it really is on a knife edge.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

104m, 341 feet mine on that, i usually use google earth

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, WillinGlossop said:

• Like 1

Posted

Surprisingly high 514 feet bring on the Avalanche Wednesday lol.

• Like 2

Posted

Im 301m 988ft....... Hills around me upto 550m 1800ft with kinder scout 636m 2080ft a few miles to my south east

Edited by WillinGlossop
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

:wallbash:think I'm lowest in region, and I am a huge believer of elevation being key factor for snow (as many may know)

Posted
2 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

blaady 'ell, you've gained a metre

Think it was the earthquake of 2014..... No i rounded down, but i am on a steepish hill another 50-60m to top....

Posted
Just now, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

:wallbash:think I'm lowest in region, and I am a huge believer of elevation being key factor for snow (as many may know)

yes i remember many a post from last winter between me and you....i was getting snow in Matlock while you got sleet n rain.... all the while i had no idea i was lower ASL than yourself.... so i moved up by 100m just to be on the safe side...

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

the quote system is a pest!, gentleshaw at 210m could well see wet snow

Yes, unfortunately I won't be home Wednesday, however I may try to come back Thursday day time as I have to come back for the weekend anyway, may get a bit lucky

Posted

Had to work late tonight so missed most of  TV weather, BUT on the way home I called into local Sainsburys for some supplies and guess what,

they said someone's been down from the hills and cleared the shelves.  hahaha:D:D:cold:

heres hoping for 10 hrs snow

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

town centre is 81.076m asl,

Feel your pain although I think Stratford is pretty low as well, all midlanders will be moving to high rise blocks to gain some more feet lol. 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, marksp said:

Had to work late tonight so missed most of  TV weather, BUT on the way home I called into local Sainsburys for some supplies and guess what,

they said someone's been down from the hills and cleared the shelves.  hahaha:D:D:cold:

heres hoping for 10 hrs snow

Ha Ha Ha Ha brilliant.... i confess it were me i did it....if you want some supplies feel free to come up to the hills but dont forget your carrier bags...lol

• Like 1

Posted

There's always a chance 

feb 2007 snow forecast 6 inches on the thursday only had 2 , was working in bridge north 

not really anything forcast on the following day then all of a sudden light morning snow turned heavier at lunch time then by mid afternoon had to leave as over 3 inches had fell and it was coming down thick and fast , the drive home , to bloxwich at the time was awful . Ended up a 4- 6 inch dumping , power lines brought down in Telford I think !!!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, nobble said:

There's always a chance 

feb 2007 snow forecast 6 inches on the thursday only had 2 , was working in bridge north 

not really anything forcast on the following day then all of a sudden light morning snow turned heavier at lunch time then by mid afternoon had to leave as over 3 inches had fell and it was coming down thick and fast , the drive home , to bloxwich at the time was awful . Ended up a 4- 6 inch dumping , power lines brought down in Telford I think !!!!

March 12th 2006, that's my benchmark for unexpected snow. Forecast the night before was unsure if it would rain, sleet, snow, or do nothing so I never expected much. In the morning there was.... 12cm of snow. The most in over 10 years, and the only time 10cm+ has fallen in one go here since 1994.

• Like 2