Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Currently -4.1C after an overnight low of -5.4C so on the chilly side. As you'd expect with that, pretty much clear skies and light winds again. 

Posted

How come the Netw forecast for today/tonight is showing snow for central areas?  As far as I can see, it's going to be a relatively dry day with (if anything) little ppn?

Posted

-6c here this morning. It looks as though the dusting of snow that we have is going to last a week and that any sheltered north facing spots will have frozen ground till  mid March even if we have a warm few days next week as this sort of frost on  almost bare ground is really digging  in..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Damp and gloomy this morning with a temp of 1c.   Didn't expect a frostless period until the weekendish.   Still, onward we go to hopefully another cold shot.

Didn't catch the Thomas S. forecast last night that they were all excited about in the MOD.  If true, then the models appear to have a bit of catching up to do?

aircam_pic.php.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

-2C at home, freezing fog through Easter Ross, -3C in Caithness, 100% cloud.  Intact snow cover here, tungsten carbide ground, no orgasms.

• Like 4

Posted

Aye it's snell, baltic (apply favoured term) with an overnight low of -8.2c. Currently -4.6c with cloud cover and areas north towards the sneck/upper Loch Ness were looking colder this morning. Nice pic from Highland Weather showing the localised variations inland image.thumb.jpg.5837cd81537eadfca3046dff

• Like 1

Posted

Unfortunately, because we in east central have inherited this cloud cover, it is acting like a blanket and keeping us from achieving those wonderful low temps that the likes of NL, Northern Rab, HC  and those further north are currently experiencing.   If it doesn't shift soon, then it looks like the end of this coldish spell for us, which is a bit sooner than expected, at least down here.  To me, there is nothing to beat looking out onto a cold, frosty, snowy scene.

Still, as we all know, prospects can take a positive turn very quicky.   Here's hoping!  1,8C/WSW/cloudy and spitting with rain!

Posted
3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Unfortunately, because we in east central have inherited this cloud cover, it is acting like a blanket and keeping us from achieving those wonderful low temps that the likes of NL, Northern Rab, HC  and those further north are currently experiencing.   If it doesn't shift soon, then it looks like the end of this coldish spell for us, which is a bit sooner than expected, at least down here.  To me, there is nothing to beat looking out onto a cold, frosty, snowy scene.

Still, as we all know, prospects can take a positive turn very quicky.   Here's hoping!  1,8C/WSW/cloudy and spitting with rain!

Actually pretty cloudy from here to the north coast with just the odd break here and there today.  And where sunny, temp goes up.  Freezing fog keeps it down but I wouldn't wish that crap on anyone. Except a tory (sorry SWS). Interesting driving - can some people see through fog?

Ice-bound pavements becoming a talking point...

• Like 1

Posted

Never got above -1c today in spite of sunshine falling again at -3c with icicles from roofs. Stunning ice day with fog near the coast.

Posted
23 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Actually pretty cloudy from here to the north coast with just the odd break here and there today.  And where sunny, temp goes up.  Freezing fog keeps it down but I wouldn't wish that crap on anyone. Except a tory (sorry SWS). Interesting driving - can some people see through fog?

Ice-bound pavements becoming a talking point...

Have noticed it has been cloudy most places.   We have gone from 1c this morning to 2.8c this afternoon but dropping slightly to 2.3c now. 

Posted

Some pics from today, all from A9 laybyes due to lack of time to do much else.

Loch Rangag, a few miles north of Latheron 569e86fff0cb4_LochRangag2.thumb.jpg.0feb569e870471948_LochRangag.thumb.jpg.a92b5

and this is of the Black Isle and two seals from near Ardullie roundabout, north side of Crom Firth 569e86fcbd810_2seals.thumb.jpg.cd9400f2d

Rather underwhelming compared to what would have been seen in most of mountainous Sutherland, where it looked more sunny and the snow cover much better.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Dull and misty here. An occasional light wintry flurry.

Max was 1.2C.

Posted

Just cloudy here although cold. Any snow on the ground has virtually disappeared

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Snow cover vanishing now but did have a snow shower around 5....orgasams have been replaced by self pity in the MT and it's a long way back to cold blah blah blah...that was 3 hours ago so could be back to orgasams by now 

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, edo said:

Snow cover vanishing now but did have a snow shower around 5....orgasams have been replaced by self pity in the MT and it's a long way back to cold blah blah blah...that was 3 hours ago so could be back to orgasams by now 

Some of those self-pitying onanists should move to somewhere cold - Kinbrace perhaps, a place that lives up to its name...

Edited by Hairy Celt
  • Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Some of those self-pitying onanists should move to somewhere cold - Kinbrace perhaps, a place that lives up to its name...

'K'inbracing' has a ring to it HC. A max of -1c today with very occasional snow showers, the last currently adorning the car. Currently -5c and on the way down pretty rapid

• Like 4

Posted

Blimey NS -5c already?   I am currently at 1.2c and if  temps perform like the last couple of nights, then it wont shift much more!   Local stats today and yesterday are about as interesting as watching paint dry.   If other areas are cloudy too, anyone know the reason?   Is it uppers?

TIMETEMP
°CWIND SPEED
mphWIND GUST
mphWIND DIR
 HUMIDITY
%PRESSURE
mbRAIN
mm

Current1.2CalmNone961017.51.0

15 minutes ago1.31.21.4SSW971017.20.0

30 minutes ago1.30.00.0SSW971017.20.0

45 minutes ago1.30.00.0SSW971017.30.0

60 minutes ago1.30.60.3SSW961017.30.0

75 minutes ago1.31.30.9SSW961017.30.0

90 minutes ago1.40.20.9SSW961017.30.0

105 minutes ago1.40.50.0SSW961017.40.0

2-4 hours ago1.40.50.7SSW961017.30.0

4-8 hours ago1.80.31.6SSW951016.90.4

8-12 hours ago2.40.00.3WSW961016.50.6

12-24 hours ago1.00.00.9S981015.50.0

Posted

Ah, Blitzen, the old unit of intelligence, the mbrain...

Have we not lost the coldest uppers now so night temps won't drop so much. Snow cover will have a bigger influence, which is why it's still dropping here too - we have a thin cover of refrozen slushy stuff in many places still and a temp of -1C.  On da beach!

RIP too many musicians recently who shaped my listening. 

• Like 5

Posted

Forgot about the snow cover effect .......(or lack of) - Ta!

Indeed.    Their music will always be around though HC.   Music never dies.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-1.7C here and some showers on the radar heading in from the north currently hitting the north Aberdeenshire coastline. Now how far they'll penetrate inland is anyone's guess, but I could wake up to a dusting if I'm lucky. 

Posted

Woohoo:yahoo: Just woken up to a lovely covering of snow, currently -1.9c looking at the radar it doesn't look as though I'll get any more but temps could struggle to get over 0c today so at least this covering should stick around for a wee while.

• Like 7

Posted

Good for you, Flotsam!

Dry but cloudy here, no air frost min was +1c. Looks to be the same at Leuchars.

• Like 1