Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted

No frost, 2c, cloudy, grey and damp again! Yuck! The cold spell has departed the Lothians without so much as a whimper! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Grey, foggy and wet looking but still have a few stubborn snow patches clinging on.

8 minutes ago, 101_North said:

No frost, 2c, cloudy, grey and damp again! Yuck! The cold spell has departed the Lothians without so much as a whimper! 

Awwww I was trying to post a pic of some toys for resupplying your pram.... :D ...and mine. 1.7C here, snow all gone from the garden.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

-1.8C after an overnight low of - 2.2C so our run of frosty mornings continues. Wonder if we can squeeze one more out before the mild muck hits (forecast 10C Sun/Mon)? Mixture of blue sky and thin high cloud overhead. 

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

1.6c/1.4c/E.    Not going to say a word!

aircam_pic.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1

Posted

However, If this doesn't come off, I will gladly tell GFS where to SHOVE its prediction!:D

Judah Cohen ‏@judah47 18 hrs18 hours ago

"GFS still predicts dramatic warming converging on the #polarvortex in early Feb with core of cold shoved into Europe"

CZFz84fUgAEsgud.png

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Blitzen said:

However, If this doesn't come off, I will gladly tell GFS where to SHOVE its prediction!:D

Judah Cohen ‏@judah47 18 hrs18 hours ago

GFS still predicts dramatic warming converging on the #polarvortex in early Feb with core of cold shoved into Europe

You know how that'll end up. Berlin -20C, Bathgate 7C. To me "into Europe" means the continent, not us :'( 

Posted
45 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

You know how that'll end up. Berlin -20C, Bathgate 7C. To me "into Europe" means the continent, not us :'( 

I was just about to post in the model thread but a cold spell now looks 100% nailed on for Scotland for around the 15th - 27th February! No point checking the models though - work have told me I have to be in the US for 2 weeks so that pretty much guarantees it. Enjoy it folks :D

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Update to earlier, by the time I was ready to leave the house around 8:50am the temp had dropped to -3.1C, outdoing the my previous overnight low figure.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, 101_North said:

I was just about to post in the model thread but a cold spell now looks 100% nailed on for Scotland for around the 15th - 27th February! No point checking the models though - work have told me I have to be in the US for 2 weeks so that pretty much guarantees it. Enjoy it folks :D

Sounds about right, I've got a week off at the start of February so I expect to be cutting the grass and starting to get ready for springtime and then snowmageddon will strike :) 

Posted

The 6z is starting to look a bit interesting for around that time too.  A near miss, but who knows with a few tweaks?

gfs-1-234.png.6178077288403719f5cf50c65b947882.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

The 6z is starting to look a bit interesting for around that time too.  A near miss, but who knows with a few tweaks?

gfs-1-234.png.6178077288403719f5cf50c65b947882.png

It'll certainly get the old roller coaster revving up again on here. Zoom zoom!!! 

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Next week looks like the mild will win for the time being alas! After that lets be honest they haven't a clue. I Will take the forecasts week by week.

Off to Glenshee tomorrow decided to take the day off wok before the biblical floods come on Friday. Need my ski fix!

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cloud cover seems to restricting our temp range. A bit like upside-down summer. Min -1C overnight, now at 2C.  I can see decent snow cover on the hillside above the village still this morning, which makes it a sort of snowy week now.

Surface temps forecast for next week seem to be on their way back down, which is just pointless cold, ie snowless.

• Like 2

Posted

Quite foggy most of the day. Damp too. Still cold.................Bleurgh!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?
3 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Cloud cover seems to restricting our temp range. A bit like upside-down summer. Min -1C overnight, now at 2C.  I can see decent snow cover on the hillside above the village still this morning, which makes it a sort of snowy week now.

Surface temps forecast for next week seem to be on their way back down, which is just pointless cold, ie snowless.

Nope. Everything from chillywilly to blazing saddles now. Yoyo predictions beyond about 3 days away!

• Like 1

Posted
28 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Nope. Everything from chillywilly to blazing saddles now. Yoyo predictions beyond about 3 days away!

I can see this carrying on now for the next week/10 days? 

images.jpg

• Like 3

One thing looks certain, between now and the next cold spell/pish spell there's some December Revisited to watch out for. GFS going for some very wet weather for the west in the next 9 days, 100mm plus for some parts. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Coldly

Nice days snowsports up at glenshee today, snow a tad hard in places but overall conditions excellent! -1 deg c, slightly overcast, not a breath of wind

20160120_140732.jpg

20160120_141448.jpg

20160120_143902.jpg

Edited by Gazza H
-1 C slightly overcast all day, not a breath of wind
  • Like 6

Posted

Coming up for one week of  one inch frozen snow cover tomorrow plus two ice days and ground frozen to about four inches in places so at least we feel we have had some winter. Currently 0c

• Like 2

Posted
2 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Does that stuff work?  :whistling::angry::laugh::(:80:

Must do......Nick Sussex keeps pushing it!

Posted
4 hours ago, CatchMyDrift said:

One thing looks certain, between now and the next cold spell/pish spell there's some December Revisited to watch out for. GFS going for some very wet weather for the west in the next 9 days, 100mm plus for some parts. 

Yep indeed, the 18Z GFS is suggesting that normal service will be resumed, in spades :closedeyes:

240-777UK.GIF?20-18

Posted

Oh well, that was winter, today we welcome back spring/summer/autumn. I am in the process of preparing the house so as we can move on and have been pleasantly surprised at how much progress I made on rendering/painting/sealing in cold, dry and benign weather compared to the being blown/slipping off the ladder weather I've normally had to work in.

The morning's longer term GFS (for Moffat at least) goes for a spaghetti jumble of randomly mixed sine waves and a mean mile high temperature around freezing. At least I'm unlikely to be distracted by skiing ...

graphe3_1000___-3.45_55.33_.gif

Edited by moffatross