Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Weather Discussion - 20th November 2015 and Onwards...

Methuselah

Posted
2 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

Bathroom's Baltic, ground's like iron, there's a bucket full of ice outside that will double as a lethal weapon, pavements are lethal, and the sky is grey and heavy.  Proper midwinter.

Could be describing Summer to be honest.

:p

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

0.5c/0.1c/S....Light rain.   Local forecast has it turning to snow this am.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Anyone know if/when lower uppers back over us...typical we get heavy precipitation now...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
Just now, 101_North said:

Rain getting heavier and freezing on impact! Pavements are lethal!

Same here though main roads are ok. I have already seen one fall this morning on the pavement. More wet in town but still one or two icy bits.

Posted
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

There's a tasteless reply to that which is best left alone.  Guys on the bin lorries here are sound and some good banter may be had

Aye there are quite a few elderly folk which have to make the trek (thus I usually do my next door neighbour's too) but it's a loop road with little ascent and as I said many (bigger) trucks do it weekly. The postie has a cracking 4x4 so he's laughing. *Edit- the coal guys come from Carrbridge, so maybe it's a townie softy thing :p 

Slippyville here too, though with 5c & 6c in the temps for the end of the week.. oh hello boring mildness *waves

Edited by Northern Strath

26 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

0.5c/0.1c/S....Light rain.   Local forecast has it turning to snow this am.

0.7/-1.9 and it's raining here too. Lovely day. We're going up the hill this morning so at least I'll get to tramp about in some decent snow today :D 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Still moderate snow just now although the wet variety and sticking to everything including the telephone line that is sagging to about 6 foot of the ground . One thing I'll have to admit to is that Stirling district finest council workers have done a good job clearing the side roads over the weekend (maybe the double time) it must be Monday now because I've yet to see a gritter and people have to get to work.

Posted

And here..................it's pouring with rain. Maybe it might turn again who knows

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Rain in the Weeg but it looked of the wet sleet variety. I expected the rain to turn back to snow later today so who knows. Amazing thing was al the trees in Falkirk were still white but it was raining so ambient temperature is very low. It's those damn uppers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Dry in the NE. At home we had an overnight low of -2.9C and it was around -1.5C at 8am. Dyce got up to 0.8C at 9am but dropped back to 0.0C at 10am, slightly unusual. Lots more high, grey cloud around so no sun. Not much of a breeze.

Edit: No ice day yesterday as hoped for. Probably got up to around the 2C forecast in the afternoon according to my car thermometer (weather station was in sun so reading high, around 4.5C).

Edited by Ravelin

Posted
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny
  • Location: Grangemouth, Central Scotland 5m ASL Weekday mornings and afternoons: Edinburgh

Light rain in Grangemouth, although it's got heavier in the last half hour. Temp was 0.6C when I left half an hour ago and the dew point was -0.9C. Though on my way up to polmont train station the windscreen looked as if it had some wintry bits on it so maybe turning a bit to sleet. 

The min overnight was 0.0C. Sitting in the car right now in a car park and it looks as if steam is rising from all the cars. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Don't think that front over us can make up its mind what it's doing.   Be glad to see the back of it!   Temps creeping up a bit here.   Currently 0.9c/0.5c/S and a bit misty too.   Yuk!

aircam_pic.php.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, GrangemouthBairn said:

Light rain in Grangemouth, although it's got heavier in the last half hour. Temp was 0.6C when I left half an hour ago and the dew point was -0.9C. Though on my way up to polmont train station the windscreen looked as if it had some wintry bits on it so maybe turning a bit to sleet.

The min overnight was 0.0C. Sitting in the car right now in a car park and it looks as if steam is rising from all the cars.

As long as it's snowing in Maddiston then! LOL

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold, snow, fog Summer: warm, sunny

Quite misty too. Can't see any hills more than about 1km away from the train

Posted

Light snow here so the Met Office are on the money (this time..) -1c

Impressed by Blitzen's very handy 'Fife Weather cam' picture I googled "Tomatin weather cam" and then "Tomatin live cam", won't be doing that again.. don't think the "SignupForFreetosee Livecamgirlfrom Tomatin/watchthatgirl.uk" link would show me much weather :oops:

Edited by Northern Strath
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

Light snow here so the Met Office are on the money (this time..) -1c

Impressed by Blitzen's very handy 'Fife Weather cam' picture I googled "Tomatin weather cam" and then "Tomatin live cam", won't be doing that again.. don't think the "SignupForFreetosee Livecamgirlfrom Tomatin/watchthatgirl.uk" link would show me much weather :oops:

This is a family forum so I'll not make any jokes about being able to tell via the webcam if it's wet out. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

This is a family forum so I'll not make any jokes about being able to tell via the webcam if it's wet out. 

Haha indeed Catch, I imagine it would bring a rather new meaning to 'watching the models'

Posted

Undecidedly at first it has turned to permanent rain throughout the morning but still close to freezing at 1.8 in school 0.9 sensor. This is as super dupere as Scotland gets tbh. Still, as it did snow in the morning and there's still a good bit left lying around I have to count today as a falling/lying snaw day! Not quite happily so though!

Posted
5 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Now now :D

I don't know if this is any use?

http://newhallweatherstation.co.uk/weathercam2.htm

Can't see anything local but good site so cheers. There is a camera in the villiage but I can never find the source, will maybe ask about it and see

Posted

Dreich and wet in St Andrews, 1c/1c.

The law of sod: when conditions are the right side of marginal for snow (as on Saturday) the precipitation doesn't make it here. Of course when it's the wrong side of marginal and you wouldn't mind it staying dry....it's chucking it down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

The full wintry works here overnight and this morning.

A minimum of -0.6ºC overnight and freezing rain to top up the existing snowpack. This turned to snaw for a while around 9am and then as the temperature and dewpoint gradually crept up, it changed to sleety rain. It can now best be described as a wintry mix and it's persisting it down. 

A lot of hill fog, too. 

Currently 0.8ºC/1ºC. 

IMG_20160118_125923_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160118_125933_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160118_130031_hdr.jpg

IMG_20160118_130045.jpg

IMG_20160118_130050.jpg

IMG_20160118_130053.jpg

• Like 5