Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat - 20/11/2015 Onward.

Methuselah

Posted

Another good set of runs this morning,  137 viewers online at this time of the morning and you know things are getting interesting. Anyway serious rain last night but skies have cleared and temps dropped,  watch out for potential ice this morning folks 

Met.ie outlook for next week is very uninspiring. Colder Mon, Tues. Milder Wednesday (!), feeling colder Thursday again.

Given what the charts are showing this morn, it's a bit strange.

MO not exactly on board yet either.......slight cause for concern....or just very cautious??

Posted

As I said yest morn I'm still not one bit convinced. Yes it may get colder with a Wee bit of snow but people hoping for copious amounts of snow and prolonged cold may be very disappointed  feel. These charts have and could flick to something totally different in a day or two. Hope I'm wrong but really not convinced yet. 

Posted

The cold will definitely last all next week Neiller and perhaps longer.

Don't get hung up on the will it snow in my backyard yet.

Even looking at some of today's runs which bring in an Atlantic low from the South West later next week, some areas would get buried and some wet.

Posted

O I know MS. No doubt it's getting colder I just think snow and duration will disappoint many. But I would love to be wrong. I love snow as much as any in here! So fingers crossed 

Posted

I find it frustrating reading the MOD posts where people are talking about 10 days time and will it / won't it be cold rather than discussing the here and now and 4 day period ahead.

I would be confident that the cold will arrive next week and looking at some of the charts and comments it will be interesting to see snow fall depths for certain areas, especially in the south UK when the low pushes through and in the north

Interesting week of weather coming up

P.S. Checked Metcheck forecast for 9th July, 2016 and its going to rain which has put me in bad form as I am at a wedding that day :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Moderate snow here atm, massive flakes makes it look a lot heavier. Just beginning to stick to the grass too:D

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Weegaz said:

I find it frustrating reading the MOD posts where people are talking about 10 days time and will it / won't it be cold rather than discussing the here and now and 4 day period ahead.

I would be confident that the cold will arrive next week and looking at some of the charts and comments it will be interesting to see snow fall depths for certain areas, especially in the south UK when the low pushes through and in the north

Interesting week of weather coming up

P.S. Checked Metcheck forecast for 9th July, 2016 and its going to rain which has put me in bad form as I am at a wedding that day :cc_confused:

Rain in July impossible..... 

Posted

Stopped for 15 minutes and now it's snowing again!

Needs to get a bit heavier to stick though.

• Like 3

Posted

It's bloody freezing here this morning (Glengormley) - can't get the heat into us in our office 

Posted

Moderate/heavy snow for the last 30 mins or so, just dying away now. Grass is turning white and the car has a slight covering. The temperature is dropping too, just 0.8C now.

No mention of snow on Met Eireann. The extra elevation here really seems to make a difference around here.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Pomeroysnow said:

Snow and ice warnings from the meto for Thursday into Friday :)

Just beat me to it.  Looks a tad too marginal for low levels from what they say but you never know 

Yellow warning of snow and ice
BE AWARE

Valid from 19:00 on Thursday until 09:00 on Friday
A zone of rain and hill snow will affect Northern Ireland later on Thursday evening before moving into parts of Scotland and northern England during the early hours of Friday. Over ground above 200 to 300 metres snow is expected to accumulate, especially over Scotland where there is also a chance that snow could fall to lower levels for a time. As this rain and snow moves away, especially from Northern Ireland, skies will clear allowing temperatures to drop and icy patches to form on untreated surfaces. Please be aware that rain, snow and icy patches could lead to some disruption to travel.

Chief Forecaster's assessment
An active, showery frontal zone will move across Northern Ireland during Thursday evening to then affect parts of Scotland, England and Wales during the early hours of Friday onwards into Friday morning. As this frontal zone meets colder air over Northern Ireland associated rain is likely to turn to snow on ground above 200 to 300 metres. Similarly as this frontal zone moves in Scotland and northern England and meets colder air here, rain will turn to snow, mainly above 200 metres and, over parts of southern Scotland, perhaps to some lower levels for a time too.

• Like 1

Posted

More snow falling here. Unfortunately, the accumulations that occur in each shower don't last through to the next. But it's great to see at least.

Wrt next weeks cold, it is looking more interesting now. Plenty of scope for snow right across the island and with that, the kind of minima we haven't seen since 2010.

• Like 3

Posted

Latest shower is wet snow, maybe a bit sleety, so probably no chance of any proper accumulations today.

Anyway, the latest ensembles look interesting. The GFS operational certainly not the coldest member, but enough members showing milder conditions to introduce a slight element of doubt. Anyway, a proper cold spell of some length seems very likely now.

KhAR7wG.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

Reports that it's snowing at home, stuck in Belfast here at work. Reading 5℃ on car but in the raw winds making it feel much lower!

Posted

Some people shouldn't even post in that model thread. Really frustrating and misleading as they haven't a clue what they are on about. Things still looking really good! 

• Like 1