Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
15 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

Any more flake chasers ready to throw the towel in on this sorry joke of a season? 

Come on...you know it makes sense.

Might as well chase bubbles on a windy day...you've as much chance of catching one as you have of seeing snow on the ground in the dying days of this wretched season.

Yep,think iv'e had enough now,it aint gonna happen this winter,me think's.

Typical though,had a break in north devon last weekend. Went up on Exmoor,not a flake in site,got back to the site,turned on T.V to see kids building snowmen on Dartmoor:wallbash:

Cant even get pick the right Moor!!

Looking for some spring warmth now and hopeing for a nice summer.

Have enjoyed the roller-coaster that is this forum,will def be back,next year.

As they say down here "cheers and gone"

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

well theres no sign of anything springlike in the offing, in fact its looking pretty poor with a chilly outlook.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cornish snow said:

Yep,think iv'e had enough now,it aint gonna happen this winter,me think's.

Typical though,had a break in north devon last weekend. Went up on Exmoor,not a flake in site,got back to the site,turned on T.V to see kids building snowmen on Dartmoor:wallbash:

Cant even get pick the right Moor!!

Looking for some spring warmth now and hopeing for a nice summer.

Have enjoyed the roller-coaster that is this forum,will def be back,next year.

As they say down here "cheers and gone"

Trust me the stuff on Dartmoor was barely worthy of being called snow, just a wet mess really. A good summer is now needed to at least provide some seasonal balance and you would have to think another cool wet one couldn't possibly follow what we have endured this extended autumn, but it's prudent never to lose sight of what an appalling climate we have and if things can go wrong somewhere then chances are it will be here!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: summer thunderstorms snow snow snow
6 minutes ago, coldcomfort said:

Trust me the stuff on Dartmoor was barely worthy of being called snow, just a wet mess really. A good summer is now needed to at least provide some seasonal balance and you would have to think another cool wet one couldn't possibly follow what we have endured this extended autumn, but it's prudent never to lose sight of what an appalling climate we have and if things can go wrong somewhere then chances are it will be here!

Yeah,but a" wet mess" more than i've seen this winter.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

One thing I do know for sure, and I'll wager there are a lot of people here who'll go along with this. My grass (thanks to the overly mild season) has not stopped growing and is now starting to resemble a jungle. Desperately in need of cutting but it is soaking wet in parts, waterlogged in others.

Badly need a sustained period of dry anticyclonic weather now...but then anticyclones seem to be as rare as snow at the moment.

Edited by Carl46Wrexham

I

10 minutes ago, Carl46Wrexham said:

One thing I do know for sure, and I'll wager there are a lot of people here who'll go along with this. My grass (thanks to the overly mild season) has not stopped growing and is now starting to resemble a jungle. Desperately in need of cutting but it is soaking wet in parts, waterlogged in others.

Badly need a sustained period of dry anticyclonic weather now...but then anticyclones seem to be as rare as snow at the moment.

Thankfully I managed to get a cut in of my near saturated just after New Year, but my grass has also grown all extended autumn as is now a good 3 inches long again...would have been at least 6 without the cut though!. Also have a very wet and in some places waterlogged back lawn, front one is better as NE facing and also slightly sloping, but looking at it again now after this morning deluge I am really struggling to imagines my normal summer back lawn reappearing this year. I suspect the grandkids won't need their paddling pools, they will probably be able to splash around in the borders!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

well theres no sign of anything springlike in the offing, in fact its looking pretty poor with a chilly outlook.

Yep Fergie has tweeted this

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter

just like they tweeted about snow last week...BBC weather is as bad as The Voice...more about the presenters that the reality.....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy
8 minutes ago, ChrisWSM said:

just like they tweeted about snow last week...BBC weather is as bad as The Voice...more about the presenters that the reality.....

Bit harsh, doubt you could do a better job. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Worse today here than the 9 so called named storms, probably on a par with Child of Nadine (karin) and 20th-21st July 07

been telling people I know since last thursday about the horrendous rain due on Wednesday

Posted

It's not that horrendous in terms of disruption really.. only light and moderate stuff in the whole (and it doesn't warrant a warning). It's just lasting all day.

In contrast Child of Nadine gave over 100mm in places, as did 20-21st July 07 quite widely!

Edited by Evening thunder

Posted
7 minutes ago, Evening thunder said:

It's not that horrendous in terms of disruption really.. only light and moderate stuff in the whole (and it doesn't warrant a warning). It's just lasting all day.

In contrast Child of Nadine gave over 100mm in places, as did 20-21st July 07 quite widely!

Ye Gods I'd almost forgotten about that hideous vile Child of Nadine. Now that was a horrendous event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
1 hour ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Worse today here than the 9 so called named storms, probably on a par with Child of Nadine (karin) and 20th-21st July 07

been telling people I know since last thursday about the horrendous rain due on Wednesday

Exaggerating again. It's just a front moving across from the west...

• Like 1

Posted

I had a realisation today.

This interest in the weather I have. Over the past 3 years it's turned from marveling at and trying to understand some of the most beautiful sights this planet provides into just staring as hard as I can at rain. 

Edited by Gord
  • Like 8

Posted

look miguel if you don't like don't comment! here it is the same, heavy rain all day, feels the same looks the same, never said anything about totals, and it's not just a front from the west, it's a rain event, 'front from the west' is just a 3 hour thing, this Friday, yes you can say that

Posted
4 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Grotty day, just added more to the rainfall totals this winter..

see around midday wind came from north, and clearance towards the end, hopes for a better day tomorrow

Posted

Time for the dwindling band of flake chasers to face the truth...its not happening this season....images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH0RiIDGygI6_yy4bKXjQ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Dew point now starting to fall here in Hull, from 3.6 to 2.7C in about 90 minutes. Air temperatures pretty steady at 2.8C. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

this winter has been total 'pants' and must be one of the worst monotonously boring winters since (or even surpassing) 2013 and thats saying something.  i can't even bring myself to look forward to next winter now if this is the way our winters are going.  utter dross.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
On ‎06‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 3:59 PM, 78/79 said:

There would be a lot cold, cold people  around these days , insofar as most homes have only got central heating, have a power cut following a blizzard,  and you;re  knackered , no electricity = no boiler. Back in those days  and into the early 80s most of us still had  openfires, so you could still keep reasonably warm, even if it was just in the living room . We've got a stove and open fire, and I wouldn't be without them.

Complaint, we were told yesterday to expect only 5 cm of fresh snow. The snow model got it wrong, 40 cm of fresh snow during the past 24 hours.

C

616865_10153990966208628_8740344480906260346_o.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

People keep saying "snow starved SE" or SW,W,NW,NE,SE,S, its not just one region you know, its 90% of the british isles lol.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.
Just now, J10 said:

I wouldn't complain. :yahoo:

No J10, just can out of now where. A real surprise. I think a undercut of cold air into the warm air mass moving up from the South produced the goods, especially heavy snow at altitude in Southern Austria.

Another picture down our lane earlier this morning.

12710896_10153990966288628_8022917456896286034_o.jpg

• Like 2

Posted
On 15 February 2016 at 6:46 AM, Weather-history said:

Wettest

On 15 February 2016 at 6:46 AM, Weather-history said:

Wettest

Wettest winters on record for England and Wales

455.5 2014

423.0 1915

420.9 1990

415.6 1995