Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)
1 hour ago, snowblizzard said:

Some record high February temperatures likely across many parts of USA as this week.

HA HA HA :yahoo:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice
3 minutes ago, Karl. said:

HA HA HA :yahoo:

I have a better one.....

choo! choo! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Just watched BBC forecast and it looks like it's back to square one after a possibly wintry day on Wednesday with jet stream firing up bringing the usual wet and windy weather with milder temps followed by a couple of days of cooler showery conditions right up to end of month.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
Just now, Bradowl said:

Just watched BBC forecast and it looks like it's back to square one after a possibly wintry day on Wednesday with jet stream firing up bringing the usual wet and windy weather with milder temps followed by a couple of days of cooler showery conditions right up to end of month.

more like Dec, late Feb never used to be like that before 2000, always used to see a weak Atlantic, high pressure, and cold, but not nowadays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
3 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

more like Dec, late Feb never used to be like that before 2000, always used to see a weak Atlantic, high pressure, and cold, but not nowadays

There's always next winter and we'll be well overdue a colder winter after the mostly mild winters we've had over past few years.

• Like 1

Posted

Those anomaly temperature charts will no doubt be blue in the summer!.  I really can't get that excited by a positive chart in February as it will just mean dismal gloomy weather. I'd rather a climate with seasons not the same old dross all year. This winter needs to be consigned to the bin. Get a high pressure over us and some sunshine 

• Like 3

Posted

Skipping for the moment the continuing unfolding story of The Front-The Climax and looking a little further ahead.  The GEFS and ecm 6-10 anomalies are both singing from the same page. Aleutian LP, ridging western N. America with the vortex N. Canada with a segment stretching east to be north of the UK. With HP to the south west the result is a westerly flow liable to introduce some wet and windy weather to the UK more particularly the north. Temps variable but tending around average.

ecm_eps_z500a_5d_nh_11.thumb.png.a353991gefs_z500a_5d_nh_41.thumb.png.873cfa26bd

In the ext period the segment becomes more defined as a negatively tilted trough stretching SE over the UK and with the HP to the SW becoming less influential the flow will veer a tad and perhaps bring cooler unsettled weather with more Pm air likely.

At this stage there doesn't appear to be any significant suggestion of HLB or MLB or any othe B for that matter.

gefs_z500a_5d_nh_61.thumb.png.15cd37947f

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

Been observing but not posting recently (the cold spell fail in January was the last straw) and have to say it's hilarious how EVERY single event this winter gets crushed into mediocrity, some on the same day!!! e.g that Saturday a few weeks ago that was looking like a snow event here then slid into the SE instead while we hovered in 3c drizzle!!.

Wednesdays event flipped back and forth and now shock horror looks like blasting through with no stall/wintryness here as usual, you can't make it up I mean wow not once does anything ever upgrade in the final 48hrs !

Here's hoping we get a Spring and Summer as there's not been any 'weather' months since July 2014 now here!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
12 minutes ago, conor123 said:

Been observing but not posting recently (the cold spell fail in January was the last straw) and have to say it's hilarious how EVERY single event this winter gets crushed into mediocrity, some on the same day!!! e.g that Saturday a few weeks ago that was looking like a snow event here then slid into the SE instead while we hovered in 3c drizzle!!.

Wednesdays event flipped back and forth and now shock horror looks like blasting through with no stall/wintryness here as usual, you can't make it up I mean wow not once does anything ever upgrade in the final 48hrs !

Here's hoping we get a Spring and Summer as there's not been any 'weather' months since July 2014 now here!

With you all the way there conor....Looking forward to cracking a beer now, mmmmmm deck chairs :)

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
23 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Oh dear. How can so many pages in the mod thread be so full of so much drivel about such a tiny bit of possible snow!

Indeed. Just shows what a terrible winter its been. They should  be put out of their misery lol. I wonder what someone from say eastern parts of the usa woud make of all the fuss. lol

Edited by sundog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather in winter
7 hours ago, knocker said:

Nice Hres Modis image showing clear skies and snow in the Scottish mountains. Courtesy "NERC Satellite Receiving Station, Dundee University, Scotland" with a link to our home page http://www.sat.dundee.ac.uk/

ch38.thumb.jpg.d1162fcfdaead470ea5137623

And that image shows snow lying to around 150 meters asl just incase people really thought it was 'mountain snow' likes. :-)

Posted
19 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Oh dear. How can so many pages in the mod thread be so full of so much drivel about such a tiny bit of possible snow!

Yes, it's all a bit  bash-head.gif

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
19 minutes ago, davehsug said:

Winter 2015/16... that is all.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather in winter

And move to Scotland if you want snow.Yes I know most of the uk population are south of the border,however,the comments about 'no snow' and 'another mild winter' DO NOT apply to Scotland...trust me likes. ;-)

Posted
1 hour ago, Mildcarlisle said:

And move to Scotland if you want snow.Yes I know most of the uk population are south of the border,however,the comments about 'no snow' and 'another mild winter' DO NOT apply to Scotland...trust me likes. ;-)

Yeah but it's always winter in Scotland. We're talking seasonal weather. :D

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
2 hours ago, davehsug said:

You can't tell me you're not excited at the prospect of a day full of cold rain? You might even get a bit of sleet!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms
4 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Winter 2014-2015: sunniest on record? February 2008: widely over 100 hours? I'm assuming you were asleep during the entirety of both, or maybe Stafford was miraculously cloudy and wet? It's been lovely and sunny here for the past week with only a day or two of rain and that shows no signs of changing. Just rain on Wednesday but nothing else.

Please stop exaggerating all the time - it's extremely unhelpful and achieves nothing.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
3 hours ago, sundog said:

Indeed. Just shows what a terrible winter its been. They should  be put out of their misery lol. I wonder what someone from say eastern parts of the usa woud make of all the fuss. lol

We better break out the weapons...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
10 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

always? i dont agree with your perception. here the 'late feb' charts (26th)  95-99 . they look all pretty much 'normal' and not different (broadly) from what predicted this year. no weak atlantic, high pressure, and not always cold. a normal mix imho.

late99.gif

late98.gif

late97.gif

late96.gif

late 95.gif

• Like 1

Posted
10 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Hey?

Thats just not true. Just look at the February of the 1990s  and how many ended like that.