Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spring moans, ramps, chat and banter

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Wouldn't be so muddy if it wasn't so mild!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms
1 hour ago, Costa Del Fal said:

Nature at her best? Everything is muddy, flora looks dead and is bare and the sun is just blinding when driving. How is nature now at its best?

Everything is wet/muddy...the sky is continually grey...the only variety being the shade of grey on any given day. Add a completely unseasonable and continually damp feel to the weather...SAD symptoms pretty bad. Not good...not good at all. A dry sunny spell of weather to lift spirits would be more than welcome. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
11 minutes ago, markyo said:

Because this is the time of year when everything is taken back to its bare basics,the air is so much fresher,everything is just so more so much more enjoyable and no way uncomfortable,walking is a joy,visibility is so much better,i live high up and during the summer months my usual walk is spoilt by poor visibility and humidity,totally beyond me why people prefere a hot sticky walk to a comfortable crisp walk,will never ever get that!

If every dry summer day is hazy with smog where you live, it may be the location rather than the season that you don't like!

Edited by chrisbell-nottheweatherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
31 minutes ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

If every dry summer day is hazy with smog where you live, it may be the location rather than the season that you don't like!

My location is top end of north sheffield,location is fantastic for enjoying the weather,20mile views in clear weather,much better weather in the  winter months,by far the best season! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
28 minutes ago, markyo said:

My location is top end of north sheffield,location is fantastic for enjoying the weather,20mile views in clear weather,much better weather in the  winter months,by far the best season! 

Fair point - we all have different views and preferences.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

In the middle of having my new boiler fitted so winter can now officially commence..ta very much

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

Each to their own, at the end of the day. I don't agree with giving people crap about their weather preferences. After all, I find it rather unbecoming how people insist on giving me rubbish and mouth off at me for daring to not like or see any "beauty" in cold and snow during winter.

I think issue is that most live in towns and cities. Roads gritted with muck is not a pleasant site. I am lucky to live in a fairly rural location. Always drawn to forest in winter. I guess it may be to do with being born in northern Russia. How anyone can't see beauty in this though is beyond me.

Siberia12.jpg

Edited by E100
  • Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, chrisbell-nottheweatherman said:

Fair point - we all have different views and preferences.

So true,my season is winter,others its summer,opinions differ widely 

Posted
2 hours ago, Thunderbolt_ said:

Each to their own, at the end of the day. I don't agree with giving people crap about their weather preferences. After all, I find it rather unbecoming how people insist on giving me rubbish and mouth off at me for daring to not like or see any "beauty" in cold and snow during winter.

Its so strange how the beauty of snow and the frozen landscape is lost on some people,it has to be the most glorious part of natures year!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.
27 minutes ago, markyo said:

Its so strange how the beauty of snow and the frozen landscape is lost on some people,it has to be the most glorious part of natures year!

imho theres a beauty in all weather types, it doesnt have to be obvious. and whilst i agree that a snowy scene is pretty, the associated cold isnt! :p

• Like 1

Posted

Well if we're gonna hit the mildest December/Xmas day recorded we might as well do it in style.I'm an avid coldie but let's smash the record in style then let cold commense Jan onwards!

Edited by joggs

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Oh humm suddenly GFS drops an average spell in for xmas and a frost for boxing day. Reckon it's blown it's fuses.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

imho theres a beauty in all weather types, it doesnt have to be obvious. and whilst i agree that a snowy scene is pretty, the associated cold isnt! :p

very much agree with you about the all types of weather,thats what makes our weather so interesting! fully understand how the older generation don't like the cold!! I've been watching this site for a few years now before i took the plunge to join and i must say your input has been one one of the resaons i joined. May not agree with some of your views but always enjoy them! 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Winters, Warm Summers.

Well that was a disgustingly mild day. Glad it's over only problem is we have more to come! Yuck. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!
8 hours ago, cheshire snow said:

LOL

Bet you will be in this thread Moa

Ggggggg

Blimey you change your mind everday LOL

If the GFS shows cold and the ECM shows Mild then the ECM is correct

If the ECM shows cold and the GFS shows mild the GFS is correct

Edit

Dont know what the Gggggg bit is at the top it appeared when i

Started the Quote

C.S

Well obviously yes! ECM now though over the wobble, GFS a bit wobbly now, not buying the high pressure that close to us, feel early Jan will have the high out east, but low pressure to the west dominating, wet and mild my pick for 1st week Jan

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Just to step out of the back door and seeing blue skies and a dry patio would be nice ,instead of grey and wet. Somerset is'nt a good place to live if you hate mild weather and rain

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

sadly cfs is errr mostly garbage. Still nice too see.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

I've heard of blow-torch south-westerlies. Good Grief

I was invaded by flies last night, as i've got all the windows open

It's not been necessary to close most windows so far this winter

16c could be possible tommorow, and that's inside the rain, any places with brightness or sunshine to the ley of

high ground tomorrow, i reckon 20c could be reached

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: any storms

Having lurked about this forum for the last 3 years i could not help but notice the faith that a lot of people put into the infamous glosea model (does it really exist )my point is that there was no mention of how mild (warm) this whats going to be record shattering December or the record amount of rainfall that there has been. not one of the short/ medium /long range model forecasts predicted this.Dont get me wrong i for one am pleased about this for when i see mild dross charts out to ten or so days it doesn't mean that its going to happen 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
19 minutes ago, Greenland1080 said:

I know The Pit but would be interesting if we had lowest Mar Apr May temps in 100 years:D

We did that in 2013. But it would be great to beat 2013 in 2016!

Posted
20 minutes ago, biggreyface said:

Having lurked about this forum for the last 3 years i could not help but notice the faith that a lot of people put into the infamous glosea model (does it really exist )my point is that there was no mention of how mild (warm) this whats going to be record shattering December or the record amount of rainfall that there has been. not one of the short/ medium /long range model forecasts predicted this.Dont get me wrong i for one am pleased about this for when i see mild dross charts out to ten or so days it doesn't mean that its going to happen 

The CFS did - perhaps people were too focused on the temperature one to look at the rainfall ones.

NoveuPrecMonInd1.gif DeceuPrecMonInd1.gif

More of the same for January ...

euPrecMonInd1.gif

Let's hope in this instance it isn't right - people need a break from flooding and unending gloom.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/people/wwang/cfsv2_fcst_history/

Edited by Nouska
  • Like 3