Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted
16 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Nothing to get excited about for next week, few days of average temps 5 - 8 degrees, I wouldn't call that cold! Maybe some frost at night! 

People all got over hyped with the models a couple of days ago, lessons learned anything past 5 days in the future don't take seriously as likely to change!

I've never seen so my dummy throwing in my life over models that over being posted over a week away.... yes get excited (like we all did over this Thundery day we was meant o have in the summer) but for god sake don't all get moody cause mother nature decides to throw us a curve ball....... sometimes I wish we didnt have all this information as nothing feels better than a suprise event sometimes!!! 

On 06/01/2016 at 2:38 PM, hernebaylooby said:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
39 minutes ago, Flash Elvis said:

I've never seen so my dummy throwing in my life over models that over being posted over a week away.... yes get excited (like we all did over this Thundery day we was meant o have in the summer) but for god sake don't all get moody cause mother nature decides to throw us a curve ball....... sometimes I wish we didnt have all this information as nothing feels better than a suprise event sometimes!!! 

That's why I stay out of the MO thread, otherwise I'd pick up a Daily Ban

57e8ead9de2241dfae78fbd9e9be4b88.gif

• Like 2

Posted

It's Friday, let's hope the models have all been down the boozer and are a little merry :drinks:

Not a good day of outputs but who know's what will be on offer tomorrow :D

• Like 1

Posted

so a whole day spent laughing and laughing at wot is going on in MAD thread. Upgrade downgrades sideways moves upwards downwards shortwaves and mild ramping cherry picking cold and mild AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

as I said earlier I want it and I did bite in there a couple of times but its people posting on every single frame of everything.... 8-10 posts every 5 minutes. Are we likely to see bitter cold depends on your interpretation. It will be about 8 degrees less than it has been that's gonna be cold. It wont feel mild and could be more twist and turns yet. As someone just tried to say 2010 had lots of ups and downs. I honestly believe the block is blown away to soon at this current point we hall see.

Have a good weekend one and all

Unfortunately my earlier post till stands strong, the other models are slowly back tracking towards the GFS solution although slightly diffrent. 

Next week (subject to change) looks dry and cold(ish) for us. That's about it. Thereafter is completely up in the air but my opinion of zonal with dry interludes stands perhaps a reload of cold towards end of month 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Spells or thunderstorms.

Hi, I havn't spoken for a while on here! Today has been rather mixed with some sunny, drier intervals and some scattered showers. Now, will we get snow? I don't know, and I will wait until the forecast the day before to tel me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Today has been fine with long sunny spells with a frost to start as well, so certainly a more seasonal feel.

• Like 1

Posted

A seasonal ish start to January with some lengthy sunshine quite wet interspersed. 

Happy POETS day, good to have a lay in. :hi:

I suspect we'll see some flakes next week, not expecting anything substantial, well who knows with weather. Parts of central belt experienced a good snowfall with -2C > -3C uppers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Ahhhh, it's wonderful hearing the pitter-patter of rain on my conservatory roof again. It's been, what? Two, maybe three hours since I last heard it? I'd almost forgotten what it sounded like.

:wallbash:

• Like 1

Posted

A snow symbol for Thursday first I've seen for the SE during the bulk of December temperature were in excess of 10C of this a cold wintry week beckons. ECM 12z sets up a nice easterly, beats a northerly! 

image.thumb.png.2b12425d30f0bdde05fc3b4a

Posted

:);):D  :cold:

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Hi folk , what the hell has someone said or done to fergieweather in the model thread a couple of days ago . He was such a valuable person to this whole site and to read his comments tonight in the south west thread has made me very unhappy.? Anyway it was a mixed day today even got a rainbow

• Like 1

Posted
34 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Hi folk , what the hell has someone said or done to fergieweather in the model thread a couple of days ago . He was such a valuable person to this whole site and to read his comments tonight in the south west thread has made me very unhappy.? Anyway it was a mixed day today even got a rainbow

Certain folk said that he ruined the forum experience for being objective, providing insight which some did not want to hear you can gather what I mean by that westerly driven weather ect, ruffled a few feathers, and general lack of respect. Has caused IF to steer clear. It is a great shame as a minority spoils it for a majority who appreciate Ian's input immensely & we wish for his return. He was/is an extremely valuable asset to the forum.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
9 minutes ago, Earnest Easterly* said:

Certain folk said that he ruined the forum experience for being objective, providing insight which some did not want to hear you can gather what I mean by that westerly driven weather ect, ruffled a few feathers, and general lack of respect. Has caused IF to steer clear. It is a great shame as a minority spoils it for a majority who appreciate Ian's input immensely & we wish for his return. He was/is an extremely valuable asset to the forum.

Absolutely , A sore miss. I don't normally post in there or here that much but only a few days ago said how ( having a go ) will only drive people away. Anyway . I hope this time next week this regional thread will be buzzing with talk of falling maybe lying snow ( it's possible ) fingers and toes crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Good morning. Some overnight rain but now a clear blue sky. Overnight low 6.2C. Hopefully it will stay dry and largely sunny until rain arrives later this pm.

The overnight model runs continue to show uncertainty for later next week. By Friday 15th there's a massive difference between GFS and ECM. GFS would have us largely dry with frosty nights with High Pressure over northern France.

GFS Fri 15th  5690c51a71227_h850t850euGFSFri15Jan.thum

ECM is much more interesting and in complete contrast has Low Pressure tracking across northern France. This could bring a possible snow event for our Region as the northern edge of the Low clips us. But I wouldn't be confident of calling which is right after the flip flops of the last week, so the roller coaster ride will continue!

ECM Thurs 14th 5690c5384e53b_ecmt850.120Thurs14Jan.thum   Fri 15th with track of Low marked. 5690c5436609b_ecmt850.144Fri15Jan.thumb.

• Like 1

Wet weekend to come I'm afraid, could be some lively (for this time of year) storms for costal areas could push inland to depending on intensity, met office warning for more western areas of the region but running through the high res costal areas could see 40-50mm of rain this weekend and south London so localised flodoing possible 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A chilly frosty start here again, though cloud is increasing now.

faxto.gif               fax24s.gif

The charts absolutely full of troughs and disturbances which will mean heavy showers and longer spells of rain will have the ability to move well inland to provide rain for many areas of the region.

Modele GFS - Carte prévisionsModele GFS - Carte prévisions

The showers throughout the weekend could be thundery.

Edited by Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

Latest BBC forecast for next week with Chris Fawkes.

next week "turning chilly" with Wintry showers especially for northern areas. 

BBC already back away from their "turning much colder next week" headline 2 days ago. 

Taxi...... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A chilly frosty start here again, though cloud is increasing now.

faxto.gif               fax24s.gif

The charts absolutely full of troughs and disturbances which will mean heavy showers and longer spells of rain will have the ability to move well inland to provide rain for many areas of the region.

Modele GFS - Carte prévisionsModele GFS - Carte prévisions

The showers throughout the weekend could be thundery.

Blimey forgot to look at fax charts could be quite some hefty showers along those troughs, squall line or 2 maybe??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
25 minutes ago, Surrey said:

Wet weekend to come I'm afraid, could be some lively (for this time of year) storms for costal areas could push inland to depending on intensity, met office warning for more western areas of the region but running through the high res costal areas could see 40-50mm of rain this weekend and south London so localised flodoing possible 

Hi Surrey,

After watching the BBC weather just now this weekend doesn't actually look to bad. Yes they will be some heavy showers about but what's new.

No flooding mentioned for area by BBC. 

Dodge the showers and we should be able to find this weekend useable- especially tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, Ben Lewis said:

Hi Surrey,

After watching the BBC weather just now this weekend doesn't actually look to bad. Yes they will be some heavy showers about but what's new.

No flooding mentioned for area by BBC. 

Dodge the showers and we should be able to find this weekend useable- especially tomorrow. 

Not sure looks wet to me :/ As ever though you are right, showers can be a bit hit and miss.

Closer to the coast you are wetter it looks

arpegeuk-25-47-0.png?09-07