Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - A new year

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yep, looking bad for the SE especially if that wintry mix next week falls mainly as rain. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

What sort of time are we expecting this rain to start today? 

Thanks, 

Mal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.
7 minutes ago, Mal Kapadia said:

What sort of time are we expecting this rain to start today? 

Thanks, 

Mal

Late afternoon for here, about 5pm so for you slightly earlier obviously as it moves through

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

we have had some rather pokey showers up here this afternoon. It was not pleasant driving through them.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I have high confidence in seeing snow next week, so I have a cup ready to suit the amount I'm expecting:reindeer-emoji:

images-1.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

.looking  at  the radar  once  the  rain get here  it  could  be a  bit  heavy  with  the  ground  so wet  wont  help  some areas

• Like 1

Posted

Blowing a  gale and it's tipping down outside

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Maybe game on again after tonight's ECM!!

One for the more learned on here, would uppers of -6/-7 (as the ecm us showing) be sufficiently low for snow for us? I understand uppers aren't everything but the charts at the end of the week look pretty cold to me so here's hoping.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Being a Mum if 3 youngsters I rarely go out of an evening but I am tonight..... of all nights!!!

So....The mood in the mod thread has cheered up a bit and things seem to have taken a turn again - am I the only one who didn't freak at recent downgrades cos despite my limited knowledge, I do know that the charts can flip rapidly in these situations?!

So what's everyone's ideas on snow potential for Thurs? Next weekend is looking good too but then I was saying that last weekend!! I just hope we see this current trend move forward each day rather than staying on the day it is or worse, edging a day further away each run!!

Whatever happens, another interesting week ahead - and cold too!!!xxx

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Maybe game on again after tonight's ECM!!

One for the more learned on here, would uppers of -6/-7 (as the ecm us showing) be sufficiently low for snow for us? I understand uppers aren't everything but the charts at the end of the week look pretty cold to me so here's hoping.

One of the factors yes but even at -10 uppers you could still get rain if the air the ppn is falling through is above 0 it can rain the detail closer to the event will be able to give 90% confidence of snow. I seen charts show soild 100% will snow and it fell as rain

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

The first trough crossing Ipswich now with heavy rain. But heads up Surrey! Is that some rumbles and flashes (near Newbury/Reading) moving into our Region from that second more potent trough?

Rainfall radar 19.15:  5691609d9aa5e_Rainfall19.15.thumb.jpg.05  Lightening same time: 569160a94d3d8_Lightening19.15.thumb.jpg.

P.S. Tonight's ECM looking very interesting. This 'possible' cold spell is proving one heck of a roller coaster ride!  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I have looked at this site here;

http://en.vedur.is/weather/forecasts/atlantic/#type=temp

Good old Iceland.

So Thursday, the ECM shows the slow tracking slowly eastwards across the south of the UK, the first band of precipitation looks to be a wintry mix. 

But that isn't the end of the story, the first band clears we see a lot of showers pushing in off the north sea during the afternoon, these look heavy too according to the ECM.

850s at 1pm

ECU0-120.GIF?09-0

Turning increasingly cold from the north/north west with showers turning increasingly to sleet and snow.

Food for thought but there is real potential here. But a lot of runs needed to see how things pan out over the coming week.

Edited by Captain Shortwave
Added the correct chart.
  • Like 2

Posted
22 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

I have looked at this site here;

So Thursday, the ECM shows the slow tracking slowly eastwards across the south of the UK, the first band of precipitation looks to be a wintry mix. 

But that isn't the end of the story, the first band clears we see a lot of showers pushing in off the north sea, these look heavy too according to the ECM.

850s at 1pm

Food for thought but there is real potential here. But a lot of runs needed to see how things pan out over the coming week.

Lol my mate has been checking I have lots of food to take with me at the end of the week in case I get stranded on a train somewhere for hours.

Posted
Just now, JennyJane1 said:

Lol my mate has been checking I have lots of food to take with me at the end of the week in case I get stranded on a train somewhere for hours.

Given Abellio Greater Anglia's track record, snow isn't needed for that to happen. :rofl:

• Like 2