Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia weather discussion/Chat - 18th February onwards

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool clear sunny weather all year.

No snow here, frosty night.
Beautiful start to the day, long may it continue.
Rumours are its shorts weather at the end of the week, bring it on.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Chucking it down with snow, but only a thinnish cover...:yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun

.Lovely sunny morning here, if a bit fresh.

Cant wait to feel a bit of potential warmth at the end of the week. If it comes off 16c will feel luurrvley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

In the canteen we are currently having a discussion about yesterday's weather, some can't quite believe it actually snowed in the Region, shows how hit and miss the event was.

Slightly jealous to read reports from East Anglia! I shall look forward to watching rain on Wednesday, actually that's a fib the fields are still quite saturated in places. This weekend the outlook remains a positive one for those seeking some early spring mildness, fabulous chance to get out into the garden and clean up the Autumn/Winter mess, but risky to be going to severe with any pruning this early.

Posted

If you roll back  the radar you can see how the snow hit the mid/ west of region also favouring the south,  I went on a bike ride to find some close to home, and I still found some laying snow at Stelling Minnis. See below.

IMG_20160307_101129.jpg

• Like 2

Our eyes now turn away from the cold and snow and towards a potentially nasty little low for tomorrow night and Wednesday.

Concern I currently see is not so much the wind, but the amount of rain this system will drop as it stalls and spins in the channel.

OPf the 06z run winds gusting up to 60mph will certainly be felt by many.. But the rain just keeps on coming!

Posted

who has been on the mod thread for next wed 16th wow a pasting with -16 uppers following this weekends warm up could be one to watch

• Like 3

Posted

The main worry of this low pressure in my view is the rapid shift of wind direction from south to east to north all strong in the space of 6 hours , accompanied by the rain ,during rush hours. Perfect tree up rooting conditions as the tree gets swung in 3 out the 4 possible direction and the water gets under the roots.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Heat, Cold, Sun
1 hour ago, Surrey said:

Our eyes now turn away from the cold and snow and towards a potentially nasty little low for tomorrow night and Wednesday.

Concern I currently see is not so much the wind, but the amount of rain this system will drop as it stalls and spins in the channel.

OPf the 06z run winds gusting up to 60mph will certainly be felt by many.. But the rain just keeps on coming!

BORING RAIN... Even if there is a lot of it. My eyes certainly wont be turning towards Wednesdays low - Just another UK low pressure system set to bring a very very wet day... Absolutely nothing they we haven't seen a million times over. What ever floats your boat I suppose. 

My eyes will however, be watching to see if we can push up to that 16/17c mark Saturday, how nice would that be - 12TH March and the first day out in the garden doing the first preps for spring.  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Occasional snow flurries falling here . Weird looking very dry with funny shapes if that makes sense

• Like 1

Posted
2 hours ago, Ben Lewis said:

BORING RAIN... Even if there is a lot of it. My eyes certainly wont be turning towards Wednesdays low - Just another UK low pressure system set to bring a very very wet day... Absolutely nothing they we haven't seen a million times over. What ever floats your boat I suppose. 

My eyes will however, be watching to see if we can push up to that 16/17c mark Saturday, how nice would that be - 12TH March and the first day out in the garden doing the first preps for spring.  

Ben we know u hate rain lol. interesting to note tho that in the deepest part of winter it was 15 degrees. So yes warmth will be nice but @Surrey wasn't actually posting any detraction, more of a warning to people as 60 miles an hour wind wont be nice and there is one poster who absolutely hates the bad weather of wind and rain. must admit to my eyes it does look quite a vicious little so and so.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wednesdays low looks to be a horrible little bugger, that system just stalls leaving the front draped over us for a good 24 hours.

60-777UK.GIF?07-12

1-2 inches of rain with this being pretty heavy for a time, so I wouldn't be too surprised to see a yellow warning issued tomorrow for this event with local flooding being an issue.

The winds could get pretty gusty but with such a small area of low pressure, it will be very hard to pinpoint risk areas, it could also end up significantly shallower than the current modelling suggests and hence no strong winds at all. For what it is worth a frame from the GFS

48-289UK.GIF?07-12

Probably okay for us with N/NW gales hitting northern France. This will change though.

Posted

Returning home to the smell of toad in the hole cooking absolute heaven.

Difficult driving conditions Wednesday morning, plenty of surface spray.

• Like 2

Posted

Cracking day across EA, temp didn't go much over 5c and skies looked amazing, lovely picturesque winter convection with classic rain/hail/sleet/snow shafts streaking down. Days like today remind me why i love the weather whatever it brings.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Speaking of conditions today, well it wasn't great, cloudy all day, little sunshine and no showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
2 hours ago, Daniel* said:

Beast from the east awaketh dreamy stuff perhaps the more extreme option.

image.thumb.png.d97fb6418379ba2e676ef151

That looks pretty decent! I'm sure even with the strengthening sun some places up north may just about scrape their last ice day of the winter/spring! 

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all,

it is pretty quiet on here this evening...

I finally got to see some falling snow today, though it was on my drive back from SW France to the UK and it only lasted about 15 mins. I was about 20 mins north of Rouen and the heavens opened and threw at us every concievable type of frozen precipitation including the northern France favourite, frozen rain.  It was all over in about 15 mins and then it was sunshine all the way to Calais.  Guess that will be my brief snow fix for this winter...

FC

Edited by frozencanals
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather extremes

Woke to a few flakes sitting on top of a frost this morning. One sleety/hail shower mid afternoon. 

Looking very wet indeed midweek!

Posted
18 minutes ago, m1chaels said:

What is this weekend warmth people are talking of? bbc 10 is showing us 9/3 for both days, a max of 11/4 on mon then colder again :(

The UK average is around 7*c in March so the weekend will be mild for the time of year, also any potential glimpses of sun will help.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I like rainy windy days like this Wednesday, especially in the summer. I'm hoping it will rain every Sunday morning  from now until November, as I like to sleep in, but can't because of lawn mowers, drilling, banging and god knows what else the sun brings out. So barbecue weekend or no barbecue weekend coming up?:cc_confused:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.
3 hours ago, Chris101 said:

Cracking day across EA, temp didn't go much over 5c and skies looked amazing, lovely picturesque winter convection with classic rain/hail/sleet/snow shafts streaking down. Days like today remind me why i love the weather whatever it brings.

3 hours ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Speaking of conditions today, well it wasn't great, cloudy all day, little sunshine and no showers.

Amazing how two people who live not very far apart can have had totally different weather.:D

• Like 1