Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion Thread 25/5/16 onwards

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.
16 minutes ago, William Grimsley said:

@weather09, exactly. For example, in June, July, August and September 2014 we had several setups over SW England that enabled thunderstorms to develop over the English Channel without dying as they reached land. We just need more of these setups.

May 10th 2006 and September 18th/19th 2014 were both beasts from the east in this location - I believe both homegrown and surface based too. 2014 was a great summer for thunder wasn't it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.
4 minutes ago, MP-R said:

May 10th 2006 and September 18th/19th 2014 were both beasts from the east in this location - I believe both homegrown and surface based too. 2014 was a great summer for thunder wasn't it!

Certainly, just wish 2014 was the normal but it was one of those years that stuck out in my memory! I remember trying to revise for my GCSE's whilst trying not to get excited about the impending thunderstorm overloads! However, I still think we'll see some corkers this year, a little birdie tells me! ;)

Edited by William Grimsley

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

We must also consider the names of places when considering thunderstorm risk:

For example Godalming phonetically includes the sounds "ogh" and "ah". These two sounds cause the speaker to breathe out significantly when saying the word 'Godalming'.

This breathing causes large amounts of hot, dry air to be regularly emitted into the local environment. Also as the name itself contains at least several letters (in fact I've counted and it contains 9!) which takes significant time to write - using a pen - which can cause perspiration.

This perspiration causes large amounts of warm moisture into the local environment - which thinking about it should actually cause thunderstorms - but that goes against my hypothesis so this evidence will have to be shelved.

I think you'll find my analysis conclusive.

• Like 4

Posted

Well, if you think about it. Exeter has "ter" in it which most likely means "terminate" which is similar to "destroy" hence why nothing happens around here...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

well since we're discussing locations I have concluded that since Bedworth has the word Bed in it they go to sleep as soon as they arrive

Edited by Gordon Webb
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

And my point is further proven when we consider the small Cumbrian hamlet of 'Humdingerton' where one-time resident Mrs Kirkwood of 1000 Defogonnahappen Lane kept records which show not one thunderstorm over the period of 3 decades (prior to which all records were destroyed by a suspected lightning strike)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

And my point is further proven when we consider the small Cumbrian hamlet of 'Humdingerton' where one-time resident Mrs Kirkwood of 1000 Defogonnahappen Lane kept records which show not one thunderstorm over the period of 3 decades (prior to which all records were destroyed by a suspected lightning strike)

WUT

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
37 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

We must also consider the names of places when considering thunderstorm risk:

For example Godalming phonetically includes the sounds "ogh" and "ah". These two sounds cause the speaker to breathe out significantly when saying the word 'Godalming'.

This breathing causes large amounts of hot, dry air to be regularly emitted into the local environment. Also as the name itself contains at least several letters (in fact I've counted and it contains 9!) which takes significant time to write - using a pen - which can cause perspiration.

This perspiration causes large amounts of warm moisture into the local environment - which thinking about it should actually cause thunderstorms - but that goes against my hypothesis so this evidence will have to be shelved.

I think you'll find my analysis conclusive.

It doesn't work in Bedford, mind.:nonono:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flash bang flash bang etc said:

where?

the thunder about to enter Germany looks to be a repeat of last night, the storm cells will (hopefully) move across the north sea by the early hours of tomorrow morning.

that is if they survive

Edited by LimoPreacherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather
10 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

btw, its coming!!!!!

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

looks like it's the same image one just zoomed in a little

Posted

Altocumulus Castellanus cloud to the E now:

image.jpeg

Quite surprising to say there's no mention of thunder for us, later. Might be surprised.

Edited by William Grimsley
  • Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

hope you get something William!

Pretty sure I will! About time! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I see there's a Metoffice warning out for much of the Humberside and lincolsnshire area. What are the reasons for this as it looks as through showery activity will peter away this evening. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
1 hour ago, LimoPreacherman said:

btw, its coming!!!!!

Capture3.JPG

Capture.JPG

with respect, no it's not

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
4 minutes ago, LimoPreacherman said:

I can dream AJ

yes, you certainly can and nothing wrong with that :), but let's stick to what is actually happening and what is modelled to in this thread please