Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)
9 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

going back to earlier posts, today GFS got mostly right, and nowhere near as wet as Thursday

All depends where one lives I suppose, like Thursday not bad at all here until Tea Time and then the heavens opened,

This morning it hammered down and got soaked during the process then later light rain turned to drizzle.....So whether the GFS was right or not....not a nice day at all :bad:

Tomorrow looking much better, so TM can get on that bike of he's without getting soaked :D.... Rather you that me :hi:

Posted
On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 23:47, Walsall Wood Snow said:
On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 19:31, Dancerwithwings said:

All depends where one lives I suppose, like Thursday not bad at all here until Tea Time and then the heavens opened,

This morning it hammered down and got soaked during the process then later light rain turned to drizzle.....So whether the GFS was right or not....not a nice day at all :bad:

Tomorrow looking much better, so TM can get on that bike of he's without getting soaked :D.... Rather you that me :hi:

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 19:31, Dancerwithwings said:

Well it feels a bit like last Winter at the moment, when we had events that just turned out to be cold rain. But then I rem it isn't even Winter yet and it's only the 8th of November, so it matters little really. It's turning out to be quite a good late Autumn though, as at least some places are incredibly getting snow this early and we had a chilly Bonfire Night for the first time in 4 years, plus this morning we had an air frost and it's felt quite cold all day (this time last year it didn't feel cold). So not bad at all really, for the time of year.

We need some weather to happen! never seen the midland's thread so dead

I don't know why it wouldn't let me reply without quoting, and didn't know how to get rid of it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
4 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

We  are all waiting with baited breath!

MIA

Posted

I agree Ian B, only seems to be when there's snow around.

Not to worry they'll be a load of Posts soon :ball-santa-emoji::cold-emoji::santa-emoji:

tempresult_ahl8.gifgfseu-1-384_hth7.png Just look at them Uppers incoming :D...Hoping :whistling:

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

lol DWW, I always agree with an Ian B! yes dreading it though, looks a bit wet our neck of the woods and timed for day on Sunday sigh , low after low coming in, but it's only Nov and autumn thank heavens

Posted
Just now, Ian Ballinger said:

I think this forum will spring to life the coming weekend, things are starting to look interesting

yes, Will and crew will be out with all the snow they will get, rightly so as well, don't blame 'em

Posted
1 minute ago, Ian Ballinger said:

And I shall be here moaning about the famous Telford snow shield  :friends:

not as bad as Stafford, Telford is around 165m asl, 

Posted
1 minute ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

lol DWW, I always agree with an Ian B! yes dreading it though, looks a bit wet our neck of the woods and timed for day on Sunday sigh , low after low coming in, but it's only Nov and autumn thank heavens

Looking at the Latest GEFS chart, It Isn't a very autumnal out look regarding temps.....cold all the way :cold:

graphe_ens3_aea8.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, Snow and Storms
1 minute ago, Ian Ballinger said:

And I shall be here moaning about the famous Telford snow shield  :friends:

You might be pleased to have it working soon!:D

MIA

Posted
7 hours ago, Ian Ballinger said:

I don't know why it wouldn't let me reply without quoting, and didn't know how to get rid of it 

Walsall Wood Snow's post below. I also had quote box issues, which I can't now fix, hence why my post is in the quote box with Ian Ballinger's quote above.

Most November's are like this though. Usually I only bother posting in here when snow seems possible (even very marginal events that turn out to be cold rain here, but it's snowing on higher ground or in a different region, but there was a chance at least), when it's actually snowing here or when there's a thunderstorm. Of course been November it's too late for thunder (I think) and it's still relatively early for snow. Though to be fair it's not all that uncommon, but when it does occur it's usually in the second half or more likely the last third of the month. We even had a bit of snow last year (though it didn't settle if I remember rightly, which occurred late one night), also obviously 2010 and I remember snow in 2005, also I think 2004 (it came down on the evening of the 18th which I remember because it's my Sister's Birthday, and we only realised after some relative told her when wishing her a Happy Birthday on the phone, so we looked out the window and indeed it was. Though if it wasn't that year it was certainly not far off). I distinctly remember snow also in November 1996, which was my first year at secondary school and the only time whilst I was there that school was called off due to snow. I also remember November snow in 1993. 1988 was also another year it snowed in November (though I was only 3 at the time and don't recall any snow personally, though mentioning my Sister earlier, that was when she was born, and I do remember when I saw her in hospital for the first time and when we took her home. Though my Mum was in hospital for a few day's at the time and she recalls me staring out the hospital window at the falling snow when I visited her. Despite that been the case though the actual Winter of 1988/89 turned out to be one of the mildest and snowless ever. Another one was November 1985 (back then though I was only 7 to 8 months old so have no memory at all from then) but that was apparently a very cold November, indeed I believe one of the coldest. Though I'm not sure whether or not it would have snowed here at the time (possibly flurries at least), but there certainly would have been plenty of freezing temperatures. As for this November, you never know we could get a surprise in the next two weeks, but even if we don't we've still got the whole of Winter ahead of us to look forward to. Let's just hope it's a cold one and if some of the long range models are to be believed, the first half at least looks as though it may be promising.:) :cold:

Edited by Walsall Wood Snow
  • Like 1

My 2nd snow symbol on the bbc weather of the season.... at 4degrees aswell lol.... im pretty sure that most if not all of us will see some snow over the next 4 months or so... i cannot recall ever seeing a NH profile looking like this.... 2 weeks away from winter and still not a single storm has come thru the UK... has that ever happened before... the models tho are all over the place... maybe they are struggling to get to grips with the NH profile... sooner or later somethings going to give it could lead to Mild rubbish but im sure its going to plunge us into the freezer and it wont just be us Peak District folk having the fun.... come on guys and girls chin up winters coming...

Posted

Heading down souf friday.... so probably guarantees snow flakes up here..... will see sunday if anything snowy happened up here on my way back on train..... 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Bank Against

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
5 minutes ago, weirpig said:

BANK!

arpegeuk-1-76-0.png

Bank Against

• Like 1

Posted

Just had the biggest squalls ever it come in 3 mighty powerful storm force wind squalls from the SW with damage :shok: after being relatively just a summer breeze.

And thousands of leaves came off.

Edited by Snowyowl9

Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowyowl9 said:

Just had the biggest squalls ever it come in 3 mighty powerful storm force wind squalls from the SW with damage :shok: after being relatively just a summer breeze.

And thousands of leaves came off.

Yep, just gone through here. We had hail in it, and damage (something's fallen off a nearby roof and bins are everywhere). Just came from nowhere...

Posted

Just for fun you understand!  the above chart i posted was from the 0z   this is the run from the 6z   some might see the white stuff falling  quite a bit of intense precipitation about.  of course until the track is nailed down all speculation.

arpegeuk-1-68-0.png

Just had the mother of all squalls come thru here.... right out of the blue from light rain to hail and ice car alarms going off leaf's flying around, Riber castle gone from view... lasted a few mins... covered garden and cars in slush and as quick as it came its was replaced by bright sunshine and blue sky.... more interesting weather in them 2 mins than all of last winter...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Hello everyone :D back for the winter!

I've been keeping my eye on that low pressure system for the weekend now for the past few days. I'm staying in Rugby at the weekend as my girlfriend lives there and as it currently stands, they have a better chance of seeing something wintry fall from the sky than Oxford do on Saturday night and Sunday! 

Looks like it may be sleet at best but it could change! I think areas in the Midlands above 200m could do well from it. Lickey Hills could get a dumping if the mild sector stays away!

Edited by andy_leics22
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

The squally bit went through here about 11.30, and all I can say is that I'm glad I wasn't caught out in it! Rain bouncing off the road, wild clattering gusts, bright to near-darkness in a couple of minutes, you name it. All quiet now, but it was quite something to see... from inside!

As for the weekend, I'm not expecting anything here... well, except horrible icy-cold rain for hours on end. :D