Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Sun getting to work on the overnight frost,but it does feel good out crisp clean air.

Incidentally I have already had 5 air frosts so far already overtaking last year and 

It's not even winter yet:)

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Well all I can say - what a turnaround from yesterdays output :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Chris R, when your next about mate, how many frosts have you recorded so far for November? Must be a least a handful which is extremely good for us guys down by the coast. Not even winter yet, lets hope this one brings the goods, have a felling it will this time :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
14 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

Chris R, when your next about mate, how many frosts have you recorded so far for November? Must be a least a handful which is extremely good for us guys down by the coast. Not even winter yet, lets hope this one brings the goods, have a felling it will this time :good:

Hi :-)

In terms of ground frosts, then at least 7 so far, and shortly to be 8. I do not have a grass minimum thermometer to tell you exactly. Unfortunately I'm having a problem with my weather station so I do not have accurate 2m minimums for the past few nights, although I have definitely been within a degree of an air frost each night since Tuesday. I will have a replacement part next week so can record accurately again. It's stressing me out not having a working station lol. 

At least 7 ground frosts and 2 air frosts then not counting the last few nights. Very good going for November as you say and I share your optimism re the winter ahead. :-) 

Edited by Chris.R
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

very frosty morning and looks like a frosty night !! :cold:

Posted
4 hours ago, Chris.R said:

Hi :-)

In terms of ground frosts, then at least 7 so far, and shortly to be 8. I do not have a grass minimum thermometer to tell you exactly. Unfortunately I'm having a problem with my weather station so I do not have accurate 2m minimums for the past few nights, although I have definitely been within a degree of an air frost each night since Tuesday. I will have a replacement part next week so can record accurately again. It's stressing me out not having a working station lol. 

At least 7 ground frosts and 2 air frosts then not counting the last few nights. Very good going for November as you say and I share your optimism re the winter ahead. :-) 

Cheers. Keep up the good work mate. Lets hope by April I'm asking you how many blizzards you recorded along with an iceberg count on the Mersey! :cold:

• Like 2

Posted

Buy far the coldest night of the season so far currently -3.2c:cold:

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

its frosty but not that cold! 2.4C currently with a light northeasterly breeze. 

Posted
39 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Got down to -3.2 with freezing fog last night. Everywhere coated white with a lovely thick hoar frost.

Same here CC looks absolutely great out proper winter morning the frost could

Linger through the day,met only going for high of 2c

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

At the moment frosty and 0.5C

• Like 1

Posted

-1.9 degrees currently. Another fantastic sunrise, with fog and mist shrouding Lake Windermere and a lovely blue sky overhead, fells all cloaked white against a pinky outline. The last 4 morning have been superb. Not often we have 4 dry sunny cold frosty days on the trot in late November. 

It has been a cold November here in Cumbria, temps generally maxing out 2-3 degrees below average, often a bit more, with many nights below 3 degrees, indeed quite a number around freezing mark. A very different November to the last two at least.

Can we also have the same weather repeat itself in a months time - 23-26 Nov 2016 be the same as 23-26 Dec 2016, just with a couple of inches of snow on the ground instead - wouldn't be too much to ask...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

And another lovely frost, even whiter this time! That's 3 in a row here. Not counting the other week, lost count how many frosts now... mind you has been cold last few years on my son's birthday, which is today. But certainly more wintry and earlier on this year, maybe a good sign of things to come? 

• Like 4

Posted

Sharp frost here, the good thing is the sun's out in all it's glory with no fog or mist to clear so only the shaded areas will keep the frost.  All-in-all just about as perfect a day you could order in late November.

Edited by dodgeredee
  • Like 1

Posted

Cracking winter morning, sunny, crisp, white! Sorry autumn, the fact it's not even winter yet is a good omen. Not seen this many frosts by the coast in November for years! Good stuff :cold:

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Minus 10 said:

Frost all round :drinks:

If you'd have said airfrost all around I would have muttered a few indecent words... hint: if you like radiation frost don't move to a hill top with 4 cold draining sides

Posted

Still foggy and ground still sparkling white,I wonder if I will register an ice day

Temperature still well below freezingcurrently -2.4c:cold:

Love this kind of weather my favourite  apart from snow obviously 

C.S

Edit now -2.8c and visibility reducing 

Edited by cheshire snow
  • Like 2

Posted

06Z run has cold throughout - no ppn all down to the position of the jet plus a stubborn HP.

Posted

Yes the High looks like sticking around for some time, it's all about what happens after that.  It's not inconceivable that the Polar Vortex could ramp up again and we're simply 6 weeks behind what we got last year.  Worst case scenario that will be.  Hopefully it will go the other way and we'll stay on the cold side with low pressures coming from N/NE/East to put us in the hunt for some snow.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, dodgeredee said:

Yes the High looks like sticking around for some time, it's all about what happens after that.  It's not inconceivable that the Polar Vortex could ramp up again and we're simply 6 weeks behind what we got last year.  Worst case scenario that will be.  Hopefully it will go the other way and we'll stay on the cold side with low pressures coming from N/NE/East to put us in the hunt for some snow.

Yes - the cold looks to be well embedded just need the moisture from the right direction.

Posted

Well car all lovely and white this morning melted off the roof tops now brrrrrr