h850t850eu.png

18 minutes ago, radiohead said:

:cold::cold-emoji:

gens-11-0-372_gnx6.png

Long range forecasting summed up lol

• Like 2

Posted

ECH1-216.GIF?09-0

Disgusting. I would like to know on what drugs the ECM seasonal was two days ago with that "distinct negative NAO" for December.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

To be honest  I would bite your arm off for the set up that we had a week or so ago, sunny high pressure , and frosty nights. This putrid dross i s really starting to get on my nerves. If I was 20 years younger I would do my best to emigrate to Canada, hot summers and cold winters. lovely.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM at 216, surely date records in parts under threat, as I said above this morning I thnk, GFS also not far off

ECM1-216.GIF?09-0

my prediction though for Xmas is broad westerly, mild south, average north, 

Edited by I remember Atlantic 252

Amazing down here on the south coast. We rarely get snow even when it is cold, but today i can honestly say that 16c was hotter than some days I have seen in July of some Years. Needless today, central heating is off. My only fear is that the easterly winter will arrive in March for 3 Months like previos Years and that just delievers cool yuky drizzle. Heres to the BBQ and Spring :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

I feel like a 2 week break from this forum is needed. Hopefully come back and it's flipped back to cold.

But I know I'll be here tomorrow :drunk-emoji:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
4 minutes ago, Tonyinhampshire said:

Amazing down here on the south coast. We rarely get snow even when it is cold, but today i can honestly say that 16c was hotter than some days I have seen in July of some Years. Needless today, central heating is off. My only fear is that the easterly winter will arrive in March for 3 Months like previos Years and that just delievers cool yuky drizzle. Heres to the BBQ and Spring :hi:

Same as here half the time we have no season s at all could be December or July at 15c. all wrong set ups for time of year. 

Posted

I think it's either the models drunk as it's Friday night or the other way of looking at it, our climate is changing and we've got to accept winter will be mild and adapt to it to save us disappointment. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, nn2013 said:

I think it's either the models drunk as it's Friday night or the other way of looking at it, our climate is changing and we've got to accept winter will be mild and adapt to it to save us disappointment. 

I do that anyway, I joined in the christmas pudding, Jan 2007

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I'd rather it be windy and raining, mild and dry is the worst. 

How the hell have we got here. All LRF suggested cold. Even the MO and they are rarely wrong. 

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spah1 said:

I'd rather it be windy and raining, mild and dry is the worst. 

How the hell have we got here. All LRF suggested cold. Even the MO and they are rarely wrong. 

but I was saying mild all the way, no expert no, but who was right

Posted

All the talk of front loaded winter seems like a load of hogwash. At least it's dry . Although I suspect the Atlantic will soon fire up and bring storms . I can't see any sign that things are going to get better at all 

Edited by snowspotter
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.
1 minute ago, nn2013 said:

Can't we fire a rocket in the sky to burn away the warm air? 

If only we could... I am all for man made global cooling :bomb:

Thing I find funny is even the Met office put their necks out early a couple of days before winter started confident of a colder first half... bet they wish they hadn't now?

Posted
2 minutes ago, snowspotter said:

All the talk of front loaded winter seems like a load of hogwash. At least it's dry . Although I suspect the Atlantic will soon fire up and bring storms . I can't see any sign that things are going to get better at all 

maybe in SE, but Monday is looking a shocker here, tomorrow not great either, but at least warm rain, and not 3°

Posted

Looks as though this December is turning out to be a bit of a horror show like last year.  I thought that if my CET guess was going to be wrong it would be due to it being too high.  Not much chance of that now!

Posted
Just now, Don said:

Looks as though this December is turning out to be a bit of a horror show like last year.  I thought that if my CET guess was going to be wrong it would be due to it being too high.  Not much chance of that now!

thought if mine was wrong it would be too low, 5.9°, way too low, IF tonights models come off, @Lettucing Gutted will win the comp

• Like 1

Posted

On a serious note i must ask if the metoffice need to have good think about long range weather models now because they havent just got it wrong, they couldnt have got it more wrong if they tried! I think when they came out with front loaded winter it actually meant keep your factor 25 handy...(and..a..brolly)

Edited by northwestsnow
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

All becoming quite depressing this...one thing i dont get is why we even  associate xmas with snow...a white xmas is as rare as a redneck with teeth....im 46 and can remember only one.                                       As for long range forecasting, its a fools errand im afraid, impossible to do with so many variables.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

I would be happy if a tropical storm forms in the Caribbean or the Gulf Of Mexico. It would make a huge difference to our weather patterns.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, chicken soup said:

All becoming quite depressing this...one thing i dont get is why we even  associate xmas with snow...a white xmas is as rare as a redneck with teeth....im 46 and can remember only one.                                       As for long range forecasting, its a fools errand im afraid, impossible to do with so many variables.

This is what I associate Xmas with weatherwise, 

archives-2013-12-25-12-0.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Harsh Frosts & Heavy Snow

If there's one silver lining it's nobody really knows what the weather will be like in 10+ days time. That's about all the optimism I can scrape up at the moment.