Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion - 09/12/2017 Onwards

BlueHedgehog074

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Wednesdays wind looks quite serious here.. it looks like it'll be a straight fetch westerly off the sea which means we're bang in line for the strongest winds. 80mph gusts will down many trees (again) given the saturated ground. 

I swear these damaging storms are getting more frequent.

10 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Wednesdays wind looks quite serious here.. it looks like it'll be a straight fetch westerly off the sea which means we're bang in line for the strongest winds. 80mph gusts will down many trees (again) given the saturated ground. 

I swear these damaging storms are getting more frequent.

Rapped up in a cold front possible LEWP with associated severe gusts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All

That front is motoring towards us at a fantastic pace. At least it will pass quickly and lessen the flood risk.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

This mornings BBC news forecast is a bit at odds with the Met O warning areas with the presenter showing the worst of the winds overnight and clearing quickly on Wednesday morning but the yellow warning for most areas south of Cumbria doesn’t start until tomorrow.

is the track of the system slightly more southerly than forecast yesterday and will the warnings update accordingly or is the forecast using old material.

either way though it’s going to blow a few post Christmas cobwebs away and possibly remove my outside lights before I have chance to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Once again temperatures have been overestimated here in an off-shore wind. Currently 3.8°C with heavy rain beginning. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hmmm Met office have removed warnings for our region south of Cumbria. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
8 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

They are still on my BBC app. 

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
35 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

Still on the website

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Warnings have been shunted southwards and now tie in more with this mornings forecast of where the strongest winds are likely to be.

it could be quite nasty overnight and in to Wednesday for coastal areas and those with exposure.

as for the present, a bit of sleet mixed in when the rain first started but now is back to the default setting of plain cold rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

NWS

MO updated

“As we go into the second half of next week there is likely be a gradual return to milder conditions as frontal systems make erratic progress into the west of the UK, bringing with them the threat of some snow. 

Not going with ECM ‘yet’. 

Posted

That will do as well; there’s only so much cold and dry I will be able to stand. 

Posted

The met office must have removed the warning for the update. I'm surprised it's not amber yet as it looks like damage could result for exposed towns

Posted
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

The met office must have removed the warning for the update. I'm surprised it's not amber yet as it looks like damage could result for exposed towns

Yes and I was under the impression they only name a low when they have issued Amber warnings for it. Like referees we need some consistency here. 

Posted

We will both get hit hard from this Chris. 80mph gusts possible.. maybe higher

Posted

Looking pretty windy across the tops of the Pennines tonight with 60mph likely across the Snake, Woodhead, and Cat and Fiddle passes, throw into the mix the persistent rain/hail showers and it's definitely going to be a night of staying indoors and away from the elements. I have a west-facing bedroom window that's on the north side of the Goyt/Kettleshulme valleys so it looks like i'll be downstairs sleeping on the sofa as generally strong westerly winds make the most amount of 'noise' against the roof.

Posted
14 minutes ago, SP1986 said:

We will both get hit hard from this Chris. 80mph gusts possible.. maybe higher

Wow, as bad as Doris last year then. It’s a shame I have a sheltered garden, never really feel the force of a westerly, but I’m sure it would be fun on the beach. 

Posted

I'll be in Liverpool getting my revision on.. I'll be sure to visit Pier Head

Posted

I'll be in Liverpool getting my revision on.. I'll be sure to visit Pier Head

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

Wow, as bad as Doris last year then. It’s a shame I have a sheltered garden, never really feel the force of a westerly, but I’m sure it would be fun on the beach. 

You should take a trip over to the beach.. though the face full of sand might be unpleasant

Posted
1 minute ago, SP1986 said:

You should take a trip over to the beach.. though the face full of sand might be unpleasant

I will. What time do you think would be best? 

Posted
5 minutes ago, Chris.R said:

I will. What time do you think would be best? 

Morning I think but that depends if a sting jet features. I'll look at the time later. I certainly wouldn't take these forecasts of 56mph gusts with any credence