Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Guest Delete Me

Have only seen panic buying of hand sanitizer around here in Asda, Sainsburys and Co op, toilet paper seems fine.

If people just did their normal shops we would all be fine - it's fueled by the media and especially the Daily Mail.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

3 cases in Aude, France, now. Used to be a big haunt of ours when we had our apartment down there and it's a very popular tourist destination.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Iran have reported 1,576 new cases and 21 new deaths in the past 24 hours.

Is that 1576 new cases or in total?

Posted

5 new cases in my region of Nouvelle Aquitaine, all linked to people who came back from the religious gathering in Mulhouse. None in my départment yet, thankfully.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
1 minute ago, snefnug said:

Is that 1576 new cases or in total?

New cases

The apparent total in Iran is 5,823 and 145 deaths. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
Just now, Summer Sun said:

New cases

The apparent total in Iran is 5,823 and 145 deaths. 

Good grief!

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

This is getting mad - 10 more new cases just announced here - and "merde, merde, merde" 5 of those are in my region! I fear my bubble has burst but I don't know in which part they are located in this very big region.

I tend to self soothe ! By moving from my dept bubble to area of dept if need be! 

So far upto last night neither depts 64 or 65 have any confirmed cases . The suspected case in Bayonne proved negative .

Not sure why we’ve avoided confirmed cases here so far but one thing that might have helped .

A lot of the people here during the half term holidays would be staying to go skiing here rather than towards the Alps or somewhere else in Europe .

Even though the conditions weren’t great at the time the weather was really good here. 

PS good to see your bubble holding . Nouvelle Aquitaine is so big now since they changed the boundaries that my bubble usage is by dept ! 

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

5 new cases in my region of Nouvelle Aquitaine, all linked to people who came back from the religious gathering in Mulhouse. None in my départment yet, thankfully.

Have you found out why so many from the gathering? 

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I tend to self soothe ! By moving from my dept bubble to area of dept if need be! 

So far upto last night neither depts 64 or 65 have any confirmed cases . The suspected case in Bayonne proved negative .

Not sure why we’ve avoided confirmed cases here so far but one thing that might have helped .

A lot of the people here during the half term holidays would be staying to go skiing here rather than towards the Alps or somewhere else in Europe .

Even though the conditions weren’t great at the time the weather was really good here. 

I corrected this post - there are 5 new cases in NA all linked to Mulhouse. I'm moving to the self-soothing département bubble now though!

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gael_Force said:

Have you found out why so many from the gathering? 

No, I'll have a look but I'm not sure whether anyone knows...I'll get back if I find anything out.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

I corrected this post - there are 5 new cases in NA all linked to Mulhouse. I'm moving to the self-soothing département bubble now though!

Lol ! That was always my bubble . NA is huge now . And it also matters where in a dept the cases are , so if we have to move to that then we’ll have to discuss the parameters closer to the time ! 

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Iran have reported 1,576 new cases and 21 new deaths in the past 24 hours.

Not too sure if this was not in a 24 hour but correct if wrong 

https://twitter.com/AbasAslani/status/1236246934500913152?s=19

Posted

Apparently upto 2,500 people may have attended that religious festival . From all over Europe .

Cases linked to that are popping up not just in France but in Belgium ,Switzerland, Germany and as far away as French Guyana in South America .

Edited by nick sussex

Guest Delete Me

Iran is currently at 5823 (+1076) Dead: 145 (+21)

41% of affected cases in Kerman province are medical staff

61589588.jpg

Edited by Delete Me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

My school has told everyone repeatedly to wash their hands thoroughly with soap before they go to break or before they eat lunch at school.

The toilets there don't even have soap.

?‍♂️

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1

Posted

The Head of Italy’s Democratic Party, Nicola Zingaretti, has tested positive for COVID19

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

My school has told everyone repeatedly to wash their hands thoroughly with soap before they go to break or before they eat lunch at school.

My school toilets don't even have soap.

?‍♂️

I work at a secondary school; in Staffordshire, we've rolled out 70% alcohol hand sanitizer and I know we have really struggled to get any - your site staff might be having the same issue

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

I work at a secondary school; in Staffordshire, we've rolled out 70% alcohol hand sanitizer and I know we have really struggled to get any - your site staff might be having the same issue

Ah. I didn't think of that. That could be why then.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
4 minutes ago, Zak M said:

The toilets there don't even have soap.

?‍♂️

WOW!  coronavirus or no coronavirus, eating food with hands which could be soiled with human waste could be potentially life threatening anyway.

• Like 5

Posted

Breaking: Italy have recalled doctors and nurses from retirement. Up to 20,000 expected with 5,000 doctors and 15,000 nurses

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

Just home from work. As I pointed out, Plymouth City centre is noticable quieter. However the queues at supermarkets are just ridiculous. Strange and almost odd atmosphere walking through the middle of City. 

Couldn't get any rice shopping so nipped to my normal Asian shop where I get my spices and there the shelves have been stripped as well. 

• Like 2