Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

My NHS trust can't actually buy anymore sanitiser etc because of problems with the supply chain due to stockpiling so God knows what going to happen when we run out.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
2 hours ago, Bristle boy said:

The 80 year old man who died in Milton Keynes was left for hours in a normal ward coughing persistently, amongst other patients, according to his family. Grim.

I guess that means nurse doctor and patient quarenteen for anyone with contact. That could be a lot of nurses out of commission, I believe the second was also on a normal ward. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Things seems to getting grimmer everyday.

Disclose.tv

@disclosetv·1m

BREAKING - Three islands in the Maldives under lockdown after several foreign nationals were feared to have contracted the new #COVID19 coronavirus, according to health officials.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, nick sussex said:

Looks like the previous tour of the Grand Princess which is now off the California coast  is being implicated in a crop of new cases in the USA .

This means that a whole load of people who should have self isolated didn’t. 

Well the American system made it very difficult for them too do that. As discussed earlier in the thread. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

716 cases in France now and sadly, 11 dead.

I've just been out for a nice run to clear my brain of all this...

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted

Been out to the shops, some of the scenes are crazy. I can kind of understand the basic foods (rice, pasta, etc) being somewhat stockpiled, but huge amounts of toilet roll?

Where has this idea came from? Seems to be a physical version of a moral panic!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Been out to the shops, some of the scenes are crazy. I can kind of understand the basic foods (rice, pasta, etc) being somewhat stockpiled, but huge amounts of toilet roll?

Yes - as far as i am aware this bug doesn't give you the runs.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Lots of loo roll up here.  Just as you enter shop. 3D08075C-F6CF-479F-82F3-E080C3DC04A1.thumb.jpeg.95461bfe0aab1d0dd2c1439d69bac7b3.jpeg
I got 12 andrex for £2.75. In retrospect should have bought loads and started an online shop. Paracetamol all gone though except for a few expensive branded packs.

My wife's pal has just had to cancel her trip to Italy (near Genoa) as she feared being quarantined on return. My brother has also just returned from a business trip to Rome but doesnt seem too bothered by it.

Posted
2 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Nick and I have already mentioned the psychology of the need for control which then leads to FOMO (fear of missing out). FOMO is very well exploited during events such as Black Friday, where people will buy all sorts of "specially reduced for the sales" crap for fear they may be missing a bargain - it's just that they haven't done their research.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

France have reported 63 new cases and 2 new deaths.

Total now 716 with 11 deaths.

Two new deaths confirmed in Hauts-de-France and Normandy

Posted
7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

It probably comes from a fear of running out if they have to self isolate  

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

France have reported 63 new cases and 2 new deaths.

Total now 716 with 11 deaths.

Two new deaths confirmed in Hauts-de-France and Normandy

I already posted this but have just noticed that France now has more cases than Germany, which has 684.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I already posted this but have just noticed that France now has more cases than Germany, which has 684.

Have they done two updates already because this morning there were 613 cases .

Hows our bubble looking ?

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

I believe it's updated at 5/6PM?

Posted
1 minute ago, Ryukai said:

It probably comes from a fear of running out if they have to self isolate  

I understand the psychology but still don't understand why people would get into such a state about toilet roll. The principle of the bidet is that you can wash your bum in a dedicated sink, with or without the need for toilet paper and it's probably both kinder to the environment and the delicate skin around your back passage. So if you run out of bog roll you can always just use the shower or a specially reserved basin and flannel. In my job I have to wash the occasional bum and a very clean result is perfectly possible with soap and water.

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

There was an update earlier, which took them up by 47, but I suspect they will do a 2nd update which will surge that past 100 new cases today, as had been the case recently.

Posted

The Sainsbury's delivery man has just been and their deliveries are up 30%.

The fella before us had ordered TEN crates of soup/pasta/rice.

People need to get a grip.

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The header on BFMTV live still says 613 from this morning, so I think they must have updated from last night and now again.

No regional breakdown on cases that I can see yet. I guess it will emerge.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

I understand the psychology but still don't understand why people would get into such a state about toilet roll. The principle of the bidet is that you can wash your bum in a dedicated sink, with or without the need for toilet paper and it's probably both kinder to the environment and the delicate skin around your back passage. So if you run out of bog roll you can always just use the shower or a specially reserved basin and flannel. In my job I have to wash the occasional bum and a very clean result is perfectly possible with soap and water.

Not every country has bidet's, there ain't any in the UK/Australia etc, we only have toilet paper and/or wet wipes (which themselves are a recent thing only becoming 'popular' so to speak within the last couple years), and that's all we are taught to use from childhood, most people don't know they can just use a wash cloth and bleach-wash it out afterwards.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1

Posted

Outrageous stance from the Greek Orthodox Church . Refusing to stop Holy Communion and some virologist religious person whose backing the move is being used by the church as some expert to give the view credence .

Doctors in Greece are understandably outraged at the move . 

Why can’t they just provide small cups to each person as a middle ground option .

The COE has also not banned this so this looks like a stubborn refusal by many to not help combat the spread .

• Like 4

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Not every country has bidet's, there ain't any in the UK/Australia etc, we only have toilet paper or wet wipes, and that's all we are taught to use from childhood, most people don't know they can just use a wash cloth and wash it out 

I don't have a bidet but I have used one on many occasions and they work ever so well. The shower head is just as good - people just need to make sure that they clean the shower properly after using it for this purpose. Not difficult and neither is a basin and mitt/flannel.

Posted
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Outrageous stance from the Greek Orthodox Church . Refusing to stop Holy Communion and some virologist religious person whose backing the move is being used by the church as some expert to give the view credence .

Doctors in Greece are understandably outraged at the move . 

Why can’t they just provide small cups to each person as a middle ground option .

The COE has also not banned this so this looks like a stubborn refusal by many to not help combat the spread .

Why can't people bring their own personal cups? Or is there some irrational, dogmatic dictate against this as well? The god-squad have to give way on this along with everyone else - aren't they supposed to "love thy neighbour as thyself" and all that - most basic religious tenets are very humane even if you don't believe in the supernatural bit - they need to start putting the human bit into practice a bit more.

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 3

Posted

This would bring tears to anyone's eyes - of sadness and of joy at the sheer humanity of some folks:

• Like 1