Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
7 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

This would bring tears to anyone's eyes - of sadness and of joy at the sheer humanity of some folks:

Is that thing in his hand a Cat detector?

Posted
2 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Why can't people bring their own personal cups? Or is there some irrational, dogmatic dictate against this as well? The god-squad have to give way on this along with everyone else - aren't they supposed to "love thy neighbour as thyself" and all that - most basic religious tenets are very humane even if you don't believe in the supernatural bit - they need to start putting the human bit into practice a bit more.

I know a lot about the God squad from my experience as a non practicing Greek Orthodox . 

The church helpers in Cyprus are like the mafia ! And especially when someone dies, they issue a list of demands and what behaviour is to be expected . 

And get this , a spouse must attend the cemetery every day for 40 days after burial and light a wick sitting on olive oil. They must also light incense at the grave, at home  they must have the olive oil wick light continuously for 40 days .

Not only do you have a wake after the funeral , you must have one after 3 months , then 6 months , 9 months and then 12 months . After that you’re given some peace and then it’s just every year !

This might for some people be what they want , but others are just shamed into it for fear of being perceived as not honouring the memory .

I think people should be able to grieve how they want to , whatever helps them get through that horrible time and not be dictated to .

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons
11 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Hmm....the UK 2020....classy people. Still, what else can they do now that Jeremy Kyle is off air?

Think that video is from Sydney, Australia.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
870x489_mulhouse_sebastien_bozon_000_1pl
WWW.FRANCEBLEU.FR

De très nombreuses personnes ont contracté le coronavirus Covid-19 lors d'un rassemblement religieux à Mulhouse, du 17 au 24 février. Les cas sont répartis sur tout le territoire et outre-mer. Plus de...

16 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I know a lot about the God squad from my experience as a non practicing Greek Orthodox . 

The church helpers in Cyprus are like the mafia ! And especially when someone dies, they issue a list of demands and what behaviour is to be expected . 

And get this , a spouse must attend the cemetery every day for 40 days after burial and light a wick sitting on olive oil. They must also light incense at the grave, at home  they must have the olive oil wick light continuously for 40 days .

Not only do you have a wake after the funeral , you must have one after 3 months , then 6 months , 9 months and then 12 months . After that you’re given some peace and then it’s just every year !

This might for some people be what they want , but others are just shamed into it for fear of being perceived as not honouring the memory .

I think people should be able to grieve how they want to , whatever helps them get through that horrible time and not be dictated to .

Sorry, can't find anything detailed in English but you'll get the drift in French.

Religion is a great social control - sex, marriage, death - control these through mis-guided belief and fear and you've got it.

On the subject of religion - that gathering in Mulhouse had no registration system, so there is no way of tellling nationality, residency or anything else about who attended unless they volunteer. There were over 300 children in attendance. For a lot of them - no one knows - and no one knows is not a good position right now. It was an evangelical event and came with a lot of touching and kissing etc.

What seems to be the case is that they spread back afterwards, virus in body, to many different corners of France and some beyond...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
15 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Hmm....the UK 2020....classy people. Still, what else can they do now that Jeremy Kyle is off air?

It’s Australia I think  

• Like 1

Posted

Completely coincidentally, I have a large stash of W5 lens wipes. Could be a handy source of sanitiser, but I can't find out the alcohol percentage. Anyone know?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Breaking: 42 new cases in England as of 7am - 7th March

21,460 people have been tested

21,254 negative.

206 positive.

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
6 minutes ago, ciel said:

Completely coincidentally, I have a large stash of W5 lens wipes. Could be a handy source of sanitiser, but I can't find out the alcohol percentage. Anyone know?

Just looked at my ALDI ones and there is no percentage given. I looked at Zeiss online as we have some of these too and they say a "gentle alcohol solution". No idea - anyone else...

Edited by Spikecollie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
1252122.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

CORONAVIRUS fears have gripped the UK as the Government moves closer to implementing social distancing policies which could include advising vulnerable...

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:
1252122.jpg
WWW.EXPRESS.CO.UK

CORONAVIRUS fears have gripped the UK as the Government moves closer to implementing social distancing policies which could include advising vulnerable...

Just looked and thought - that's similar to something Nick S. mentioned earlier about the need for churches to respond - then saw it was the Express and didn't bother going any further...

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

Is there somewhere that one can access the daily figures as a chart, as in percentage increase per day?  I’ve been on the .gov but can only get today’s figures.  

Posted
15 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Just looked at my ALDI ones and there is no percentage given. I looked at Zeiss online as we have some of these too and they say a "gentle alcohol solution". No idea - anyone else...

Cant see why people are fussing over these gels. If you're out at a shopping mall, just pop into the loos every now and again to wash hands; big dept stores have restroons with soap and hot water.

If you're at a friends for a few hours guess they have a bathroom

Pubs, restaurants have restrooms.

If you have just got off public transport then the first thing you do when you reach work, a shop, a pub, a friend's house, your own house.....just go straight to bathroom and wash hands.

The list goes on.

Using hand gel consistently aint as good as soap and hot water. Maybe in a hospital environ i can understand it.

And if you consistently use hand gel day after day after day it takes your skin off.

Edited by Bristle boy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

“Pubs, restaurants have restrooms.“

ieryeessss.......  Wednesday in town, lovely cafe, no soap, hand towel

supermarket, soap dispenser, air handryer, but the taps need to constantly pressed by one hand to get continuous water to wash the other.....

pubs.... wouldn’t dream of it...

• Like 1

Posted

Digging through the gov's website I found this, shows a full list of local authorities that have reported cases (better than being told 'midlands' or 'the south east' etc etc) last update was on the 5th though.

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, snefnug said:

“Pubs, restaurants have restrooms.“

ieryeessss.......  Wednesday in town, lovely cafe, no soap, hand towel

supermarket, soap dispenser, air handryer, but the taps need to constantly pressed by one hand to get continuous water to wash the other.....

pubs.... wouldn’t dream of it...

Some of that could be said anywhere  even in your own house. Do your taps come on at home by sensor? How do you know everyone in your household washes hands properly? Can you trust all your friends?

The list of paranoia goes on

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
19 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

What the hell caused it to do that? 

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Some of that could be said anywhere  even in your own house. Do your taps come on at home by sensor? How do you know everyone in your household washes hands properly? Can you trust all your friends?

The list of paranoia goes on

Quite agree, however, just gently pointing out that cleanliness standards vary, wherever you go, so complacency can not be key.  

Posted
16 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

If 70% alcohol does the trick outside the human body, why is it that infected people cannot just drink absinth and would this not destroy the virus inside the blood stream?

Yikes!

70% is for use externally Feb, externally! 

• Like 1

Posted

"Virologist Chris Smith, presenter of the BBC radio talk show The Naked Scientists, told the BBC in a Q&A with members of the public that, at the moment, the level of circulation of coronavirus in the community in the UK was “extremely low”, and thus the risk of catching it currently “remains extremely low”.

Smith said there was a very low chance of getting infected with coronavirus via items such as parcels.

Asked whether the new coronavirus could mutate quickly into new, even more aggressive forms, meaning that patients would likely not enjoy immunity even after they had it, Smith said that, judging from currently available observations about the outbreak, Covid-19 was thankfully changing shape “only very slowly”.

He added that asthma sufferers taking steroids, which compromise the immune system, should take active steps to avoid catching coronavirus because they are at increased risk of developing severe illness. This was easier said than done, he admitted.

Toys for small children could be cleaned very effectively in the dishwasher, Smith advised." (Source: Guardian live)

• Like 4

Posted
3 minutes ago, snefnug said:

Quite agree, however, just gently pointing out that cleanliness standards vary, wherever you go, so complacency can not be key.  

True. My wife has carried a small bot of hand gel in her bag for years. I used to have a bot on desk in the office, when i was working. I just find it amazing that it takes something like this virus to appear for people to suddenly become super hygienic.

• Like 1

Posted
boeing-buildingjpg-e1560881048343.jpg?fi
AIRINSIGHT.COM

With the Coronavirus hitting Boeing's 777 facility in Everett, it is time for David Calhoun to make a key decision and show his true character.

Although later article says 10 sent home and area sanitised.

Edited by snefnug
Correction

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: clear skies , hard frost , snow !
16 minutes ago, swebby said:

Yikes!

70% is for use externally Feb, externally! 

That’s like saying well bleach kills it so why don’t we drink bleach !!

• Like 1