Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

As others have said Chloroquine is an old anti malarial.

it was used to very good success against SARS and it is showing again, similar levels of success with Coronavirus.

i haven’t just plucked this from reddit by the way I sat and read several peer reviewed science papers yesterday including an article describing the hospital procedures some hospitals are currently using which includes administration of Chloroquine.

as drugs go, it’s pretty safe to use too.

obviously I’m not a doctor and would take at my own risk so please don’t take my word for it and have a read up when you can.

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: France have reported 336 new cases and 5 new deaths in the last 24 hours.

Total of 949 and 16 deaths.

Wow.

• Like 2

Posted

As of 9:00am on 7 March 2020

Local authority and Number of confirmed cases

Barnet 3   Barnsley 2   Birmingham 1   Bolton 1   Bracknell Forest 2   Bradford 1

Brent 1   Brighton and Hove 7   Bristol, City of 1   Bromley 1   Buckinghamshire 1   Bury 4

Camden 2   Cornwall and Isles of Scilly 2   Coventry 1   Cumbria 4

Derbyshire 3   Devon 10

Ealing 5   Essex 3

Gloucestershire 3

Hackney and City of London 2   Hammersmith and Fulham 1   Hampshire 2

Harrow 1   Hertfordshire 8   Hillingdon 1   Hounslow 3

Isle of Wight 1

Kensington and Chelsea 6   Kent 2   Kingston upon Hull, City of 1

Kingston upon Thames 1

Lambeth 2   Lancashire 2   Leeds 3   Leicestershire 1   Lewisham 2   Lincolnshire 1

Liverpool 3   Luton 2

Manchester 5   Medway 2   Merton 1   Milton Keynes 1

Newcastle upon Tyne 3   North Tyneside 1   Northamptonshire2

Nottingham 2   Nottinghamshire 3

Oldham 2   Oxfordshire 4

Peterborough 1

Redbridge 1

Somerset 1   Southend-on-Sea 1   Southwark 1   Staffordshire 4

Surrey 4   Swindon 1

Torbay 4   Trafford 4

Wandsworth 2   West Sussex 3   Westminster 2   Wigan 3

Wiltshire 3   Wirral 1   Wokingham 2

York3

awaiting clarification14

Counts for Isles of Scilly and City of London are combined with Cornwall and Hackney respectively for disclosure control

I removed the ones from the list that had 0 cases

source

Edited by Ryukai
Prettying it up :P
  • Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Breaking: France have reported 336 new cases and 5 new deaths in the last 24 hours.

Just shows that once it gets hold, it just spreads so easily and quickly.

• Like 8

Posted
7 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Apparently France is only testing the ones that have been hospitalised or have harsh symptoms

In my view I think the numbers are WAY higher 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
45 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Such an incompetent mayor beggars belief praying he is outed in May anyone else will do...

Don't forget he was not invited to briefings where he would have got info, so his info is second hand, and who knows if it's reliable or not, obviously not. 

• Like 3

Posted
11 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Oh dear thats quite the uptick in cases, getting similar vibes to what we have seen from Italy now.

Posted
1 minute ago, Skullzrulerz said:

Apparently France is only testing the ones that have been hospitalised or have harsh symptoms

In my view I think the numbers are WAY higher 

Probably the same here, and most places i reck, numbers are way higher. If, as the med experts say, there will be 80% or so that will have v mild symptoms, then those particular people wont have a scooby they have the virus; they'll just think they've got a cough, cold, touch of flu.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Just shows that once it gets hold, it just spreads so easily and quickly.

The UK might have to consider restrictions now .

As one of those annoying EU  freedom of movement lovers if I can think this then it’s not really that outlandish! 

It’s much easier for the UK being an island to shut its borders temporarily but there’s a lot of politics involved .

I now expect the government here to move to stage 3 very soon and start putting in more transport restrictions .

Its actually better if say France put in its own restrictions , it looks better than other countries doing it to you ! 

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

Quick question, obviously as someone who is working with the public etc I am having to wash my hands much more often . Dealing with money , changing hand with money etc . I have been washing my hands often but not excessively and I’ve already started to get a rash , does anyone know what it could be and why ? I’m using anti bacterial soap and normal soap/foam too .

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Mark wheeler

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
3 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Quick question, obviously as someone who is working with the public etc I am having to wash my hands much more often . Dealing with money , changing hand with money etc . I have been washing my hands often but not excessively and I’ve already started to get a rash , does anyone know what it could be and why ? I’m using anti bacterial soap and normal soap/foam too .

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's a reaction to whatever you have been using to wash your hands with and/or not drying them properly. I've had the same issue before.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
32 minutes ago, Snipper said:

It is great for likes of us who have a garden and are into homely cooking type stuff but many due to upbringing and living in a flat might not have the same advantages. Possibly a bit late now to say get baking and gardening.  Unfortunately a lot of the younger generation couldn’t see the need to have backup skills. The take away is only round the corner so why worry?

I guess we taught the wrong things eh? With my classes (I am a given up/not retired management lecturer) I would always use examples/ideas/exerecises of survival. We played the usual games of people out of the ballooon etc. but one of the most telling was an exercise where your plane had crashed in (wherever) and you had a limited number of items to prioritise (you could adapt the game as you saw fit). This always really brought out the poor skills that the majority of young folks have vis a vis survival.

Being able to skin, gut and cook a rabbit and make a good fire to cook it on has its advantages - even if it's just for the good taste and enjoyment. Fishing too - how many kids these these days would know what to do with a rod, let alone a hook and priest...

• Like 2

Posted

I’m going to be cancelling my trip to the UK due late March .

One of my friends travelling  with me has asthma and ferry trips there and back , and staying in hotels northern France which is badly hit doesn’t seem very sensible .

In two weeks who knows how bad the situation might be especially here . And who knows what restrictions might be in place by then .

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, Summer Sun said:

Percentage of deaths by age group in Italy

• 90+ years old: 6% 
  • 80 - 89 years old: 42% 
  • 70 - 79 years old: 35% 
  • 60 - 69 years old: 16%

So has no one from other ages groups died over there? If so  Its very telling that this virus is definetly affecting  older age group worse and its to be expected sadly.  2 people so far over 70 in uk died too.  

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

My wife has a similar problem and uses Jojoba oil and blue camomile. Gets good results using a small amount.  She says it’s a mix 3 drops blue camomile to 10ml Jojoba oil. Very calming. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
Just now, nick sussex said:

One of my friends travelling  with me has asthma and ferry trips there and back , and staying in hotels northern France which is badly hit doesn’t seem very sensible .

In two weeks who knows how bad the situation might be especially here . And who knows what restrictions might be in place by then .

Good idea, Nick. Finally, if this happens more often, it might make that "small island" know that it goes both ways - eh?

• Like 2

Posted
20 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The UK might have to consider restrictions now .

As one of those annoying EU  freedom of movement lovers if I can think this then it’s not really that outlandish! 

It’s much easier for the UK being an island to shut its borders temporarily but there’s a lot of politics involved .

I now expect the government here to move to stage 3 very soon and start putting in more transport restrictions .

Its actually better if say France put in its own restrictions , it looks better than other countries doing it to you ! 

Cheltenham starts Tuesday...hmm

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
3 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

2 questions Nick - Do you think you will get your money back and what do you think of the 12z ECM FI?

Posted
1 hour ago, fujita5 said:

Unless train hand rails are being sterilised several times a day there is going to be an explosion of cases across London and the Home Counties. Give it a week.

Agreed it will blow up in London, I have seen no cleaning either and of course that would not be done during peak hours, I believe nearly all cleaning/maintenance is done overnight when network is shut. 

i developed a cough today probably nothing but makes you think...

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
15 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Possibly allergic to one something in the bacterial soap ? Perhaps try vinyl gloves instead and wash your hands once you've taken them off. Or just hot soap and water.

Just watching the Stand

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

Good idea, Nick. Finally, if this happens more often, it might make that "small island" know that it goes both ways - eh?

A "Small Island" may be the safest place to be very soon. Won't want to be anywhere else. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy and frosty
47 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

It's an anti-malarial and also used to treat auto-immune diseases such as arthritis and lupus as it act's as an immuno-suppressant.  So if you do get some DON'T use it straight off the bat, this is being used in severe cases where the immune system itself starts to go into a cytokine storm to try and bring it back under control. 

The very last thing you want to do is to hamper your immune system whilst it's working correctly....

I take antimalarial in the form of hydroxycloroquine (Quinoric) for autoimmune disease.  I asked my GP if I could increase the dose if my symptoms are troublesome but he did actually say no to that.  

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

I’ve agreed to be a good boy in here as you know I’m prone to the odd political tirade.

My odd Trump rant seems to avoid too much attention from the mods as I think most think the same ! 

But I think cancelling was the right decision. I’m very disappointed as my first port of call was Cornwall where I have some really close friends . Then I was off to Sussex but I simply can’t take chances with someone over 70 whose also asthmatic.