Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

It’s easier to lockdown a region than a whole country politically .

The UK thankfully doesn’t seem to have developed these clusters of a huge amount of cases .

The situation in France is different in for example Grand  Est there are 250 cases alone.

I expect Macron will do an Italy and wait till it’s got completely out of hand before acting .

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted

The Italian government is set to lock down the Milan region and several other northern areas to fight Europe’s worst coronavirus outbreak, according to a draft decree seen by Bloomberg.

The measures, in force until April 3, will ban entering or exiting the area and also movement inside it won’t be allowed if not for “undeferrable” business or health reason, the draft said. In the so-called “security zone” restrictive measures will include schools closures and suspending skiing and public events, and closing museums, swimming pools and theaters, according to the draft. Bars and restaurants will have to maintain a distance of at least a meter between people or will be closed. Work meetings have to be suspended.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Or flights too?

Posted
8 minutes ago, Donegal said:

And what about flights out of Northern Italy? Are they grounded? I don't see it mentioned 

Most airlines have stopped flights anyway because they can’t give away tickets .

One airline rep interviewed said at the moment even if you slashed prices it would make little difference.

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 1

Posted
44 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Like Stephen King books.  Have been given all the Steven King audio books and working my way through them. Not listened to the Stand yet. 

The stand is my favourite. As with all King books he goes off on tangents and overboard with some of the descriptions (he could genuinely talk about someone’s shoes for 30 pages) but it pays off I think as the characters feel really fleshed out.

the ending sucks though.

Randall Flagg the walkin dude

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

The Stand film isn't that good book is much better. One thing that isn't really solved is Randall Flagg allowed to grow because of the Plague or does he create it?

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Azazel said:

The stand is my favourite. As with all King books he goes off on tangents and overboard with some of the descriptions (he could genuinely talk about someone’s shoes for 30 pages) but it pays off I think as the characters feel really fleshed out.

the ending sucks though.

Don’t know how he manages to write so much. Can’t say he is unproductive. 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Don’t know how he manages to write so much. Can’t say he is unproductive. 

Indeed. I’m currently writing a novel and I take a lot of influence from his style. I’m actually trying to tone it down a bit.

Posted
Just now, Azazel said:

Indeed. I’m currently writing a novel and I take a lot of influence from his style. I’m actually trying to tone it down a bit.

As long as you don't spend half a chapter describing someone and giving their entire life/medical history, just to kill them off in the opening paragraph of the next chapter, it'll definatly be classed as toned down. ;) 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
16 minutes ago, Azazel said:

the ending sucks though.

And Larry. The guitar-playing dude: 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Theres a new medicine out that should help...

IMG-20200307-WA0000.jpg.d11dde9cc693ac2e0fdd6647cf332b49.jpg

I've just ordered 40 packets of this via eBay.  Best £4000 I've ever spent.

• Like 9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
8 minutes ago, Zak M said:

That will make the extinction rebellion mob happy.  

• Like 2

Posted
18 minutes ago, The PIT said:

The Stand film isn't that good book is much better. One thing that isn't really solved is Randall Flagg allowed to grow because of the Plague or does he create it?

It came out of a government lab, he’s able to grow because of it though I think. Love how the dark tower book 4 goes through the Stand universe briefly.

Thankfully we aren’t seeing that level or morbidity!

On another note, I can’t believe the mayor of London is saying that it is not possible to catch on the underground. I wouldn’t fancy being squished in down there with thousands of others in the rush hour, not knowing if anyone around you has it.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

949 cases in France and 16 deaths.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
1 minute ago, Spikecollie said:

949 cases in France and 16 deaths.

Hi Spikiecollie, how often is this being updated?

• Like 1

Posted
15 minutes ago, Zak M said:

At least Greta will be happy with this happening, our C02 emissions globally should be decently down compared to last year!

Think Italy won't be the last country that will need to introduce such measures, suspect at least 4-5 European countries may well get there by months end, as will USA as they are so far behind the trend its nearly a joke.

• Like 4

Posted
4 minutes ago, kold weather said:

At least Greta will be happy with this happening, our C02 emissions globally should be decently down compared to last year!

Think Italy won't be the last country that will need to introduce such measures, suspect at least 4-5 European countries may well get there by months end, as will USA as they are so far behind the trend its nearly a joke.

Not really global air travel only accounts for 2.5% of emissions wouldn’t make much difference at all, what we saw in China the halt of production probably had a more positive environmental impact. 

• Like 4

Posted

In France 5 regions out of the 13 make up 758 of the 949 cases. 

There are 18 regions altogether but the others are in the Caribbean and South America .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, warm weather not too hot, floods, storms

Germany has risen to 893 cases now. So by tommorow both Germany and France is gonna reach 1,000 cases.

• Like 2

Posted
15 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Yes but at what cost?

Posted
5 minutes ago, pip22 said:

Germany has risen to 893 cases now. So by tommorow both Germany and France is gonna reach 1,000 cases.

Yep seems highly probable they will join the 1000 club tomorrow, don't think the US will be that far behind now they are finally starting to ramp up testing to a decent level.

I suspect UK will probably see a similar ramp up next week that we are now seeing in some of the larger EU countries, feels quite inevitable. 

Also, for the first time in a while, the active cases appear to be growing faster than the recovery rate (that was being driven by China's recovery) and the infection rate has taken quite a noteable uptick in the last few days.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 2