Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted

Apparently gun and ammunition sales have increased sharply in the USA since the coronavirus outbreak !

Perhaps they think they can shoot the virus as it enters their home !

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Apparently gun and ammunition sales have increased sharply in the USA since the coronavirus outbreak !

No, it's to shoot the person in front of them with all the toilet paper!

• Like 6

Posted
40 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Just looked at my ALDI ones and there is no percentage given. I looked at Zeiss online as we have some of these too and they say a "gentle alcohol solution". No idea - anyone else...

I'm not saying they will not work, anything is better than nothing, but you should not rely on them.  The effectiveness of a alcohol sanitiser is when it completely soaks the microbes, so a gel application, of sprayed liquid, will work well as this soaks your hands.  The wipes would be useful for wipping clean things you have to touch, especially if they contain sufficient alcohol or another sterilising agent like peroxide or bleach.

Importantly - hand gels, etc should not be relied on!

Do as the authorities advise, washing your hands is by far the best way to clean them. Even if you do not have soap, washing is still good.  It is the mechanical aspect of hand washing that removes the large majority of bugs, so keep your hands under running water and perform the same movements and this will have some effect.  Soap is important however, it removes grease that helps the bugs stick to your skin if you just wash with water, plus anti-bac soaps will provide additional cleansing against bacteria.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Badgers01 said:

That’s like saying well bleach kills it so why don’t we drink bleach !!

Think that Feb1991 is on a mission.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I'm waiting for Mexico to close the border and start erecting a wall, oh the sweet irony.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
4 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

WWW.CDC.GOV

Center for Preparedness and Response

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
Just now, snefnug said:
WWW.CDC.GOV

Center for Preparedness and Response

Although tongue in cheek method of risk preparedness, there are many many who take it just thatwee bit more seriously, which is totally scary.  

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, swebby said:

I'm waiting for Mexico to close the border and start erecting a wall, oh the sweet irony.

I said the exact same thing some days back, when Trump said he was going to send more guards to the border in response to the coronavirus xD xD

• Like 2

Posted
41 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

What the hell caused it to do that? 

China's H&S record when it comes to building* i would imagine. Yes, they have brilliant engineers, but they don't get used to build bog standard apartment blocks.

*and storage of explosive chemicals!

Edited by swebby

Posted
10 minutes ago, swebby said:

China's H&S record when it comes to building* i would imagine. Yes, they have brilliant engineers, but they don't get used to build bog standard apartment blocks.

*and storage of explosive chemicals!

When I went to Hangzhou several years ago, I was told that the city had expanded by 25km in 5 years. Have you ever seen a new ALDI or LIDL being built? Basic metal framework and breeze-blocks, then cladding. That is what these dwellings are likely made of. Yes, there could have been fire accelerating chemicals stored as well. There's a very different health and safety world out there - I'm not saying it's worse or better but there will always be accidents.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Well they have form

hurricane-irma-fb.jpg
WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

A Florida sheriff has pleaded with citizens not to shoot at Hurricane Irma, saying they “won’t turn it around”. The Pasco County...

Lack of education (maybe absorption of education - let's be gentle), lack of information and lack of control...

Posted

Managed to find 90% alcool modifé in the local shop and I bought a few bottles. I'm going to make a hand gel tomorrow. It'll probably set my eczema/dermatitis off in bucket loads but at least I can properly clean my hands when I am out and about as some clients won't allow extraneous products - one man, close by, is an example, even though he is very less than mobile, anything you leave that is not his has mysteriously gone by the next morning and I suspect he asks his neighbour to dispose of it!

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, nick sussex said:

Think this is more to do with the Yanks paranoia about people attacking them. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather
skynews-coronavirus-face-masks_4940960.j
NEWS.SKY.COM

The vast majority of confirmed infections of COVID-19 - the disease caused by coronavirus - are in England.

Posted
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Managed to find 90% alcool modifé in the local shop and I bought a few bottles. I'm going to make a hand gel tomorrow. It'll probably set my eczema/dermatitis off in bucket loads but at least I can properly clean my hands when I am out and about as some clients won't allow extraneous products - one man, close by, is an example, even though he is very less than mobile, anything you leave that is not his has mysteriously gone by the next morning and I suspect he asks his neighbour to dispose of it!

You do not even really need the gelling agent if you have a little spray bottle, just make a 70% solution and then spray to wet the hands well and rub.  NB - if you are driving, spraying 70% ethanol about inside a car is not to be advised!  And yes, dermatitis will not be happy about use of the alcohol, and any alcohol denaturing agents.

Posted

At last found a reason to drink beer.  As I have a mini micro brewery there is a constant need to sanitise everything.  Just worked out that one of the containers full of concentrated sanitiser once diluted produces 500 litres. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Main updates so far today

• Iran: 1,076 new cases - 21 new deaths
  • South Korea: 274 new cases - 4 new deaths
  • France: 103 new cases - 2 new deaths
  • Spain: 98 new cases - 5 new deaths
  • Netherlands: 60 new cases - 0 new deaths
  • Belgium: 60 new cases - 0 new deaths
  • Switzerland: 54 new - 0 new deaths
  • UK: 42 new cases - 0 new deaths
  • Like 4

Posted
2 minutes ago, swebby said:

You do not even really need the gelling agent if you have a little spray bottle, just make a 70% solution and then spray to wet the hands well and rub.  NB - if you are driving, spraying 70% ethanol about inside a car is not to be advised!  And yes, dermatitis will not be happy about use of the alcohol, and any alcohol denaturing agents.

Yes, we have a 0.5 limit here and I don't want to breathe the stuff in and have to explain to a Gendarme, or have them smell it! I've loads of hydrocortisone cream for eczema flare ups and I'll use soap in between to wash hands. I have a lovely little ex-perfume spray bottle...

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Snipper said:

At last found a reason to drink beer.  As I have a mini micro brewery there is a constant need to sanitise everything.  Just worked out that one of the containers full of concentrated sanitiser once diluted produces 500 litres. 

You canny bugger! Don't put your hands in the beer by mistake...

• Like 2

Posted
8 minutes ago, Zak M said:

It's like colour by numbers and learn the US states as you go!

Edited by Spikecollie
  • Like 4

Guest Delete Me

Just been to do the weekly shop in Sainsburys and Pasta, tinned goods, flour, cleaning products were all pretty much empty.

This was toilet paper:

88986523_510272359874860_4123045866879582208_n.jpg

Posted
Just now, Paul Faulkner said:

Just been to do the weekly shop in Sainsburys and Pasta, tinned goods, flour, cleaning products were all pretty much empty.

This was toilet paper:

88986523_510272359874860_4123045866879582208_n.jpg

I'm gonna give it another week before I do my shop, the idiots will (hopefully) have finished being stupid by then and the supermarkets will have refilled their stock

• Like 3

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, Ryukai said:

I'm gonna give it another week before I do my shop, the idiots will (hopefully) have finished being stupid by then and the supermarkets will have refilled their stock

Sainsburys Nantwich had a deliery of 700 packs of toilets rolls and they went as soon as they hit the shelves