Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

With upper air temps upgrading on most runs including this +4c colder on latest 0z GFS the SE has the  biggest upgrade to uppers of anywhere in the country! From no snow to a nice covering for many on this latest GFS run for New years eve, if we can't have fireworks let us make snowmen. 

Will be interesting to view the GEM snow charts shortly as they've consistently showed similar snow accumulations lately if probably overcooked.

Perhaps the BBC video was on to something yesterday when it mentioned the possibility of snow for the SE and EA on Thursday comin?!

20201228_040247.thumb.jpg.e3765e8cbdcb64daaab375743d8ecb27.jpg

Screenshot_20201228-040143_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20201228-040119_Samsung Internet.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Some snow would be good to end this crappy year, but unfortunately I've been told my dad is going to die, so gutted. 2020 the year of loss.

so sorry for what you are going through ☹️

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

Lovely frost here, and blinking cold

• Like 2

Posted
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Some snow would be good to end this crappy year, but unfortunately I've been told my dad is going to die, so gutted. 2020 the year of loss.

So sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you and your family.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
Just now, Biggin said:

So sorry to hear that mate, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Thanks, it's been one of those years where some have lost everything. I hope you and your family are safe

Posted
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

Thanks, it's been one of those years where some have lost everything. I hope you and your family are safe

Its been difficult but so far we have made it to 2021. All the best to you and yours.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, frost and snow

Was frosty when I went to bed last night, so I was expecting to wake up to a lovely sunny morning with a hard frost..... Nope I woke up to a rain shower instead, and now everywhere is dripping wet once more  

Really hope we can get some of the proper cold uppers over us soon, this marginality is more often than not just a wet mess.

Posted

Lethal paths here this morning, where it was dry and froze last night, it looks like it’s had light rain this morning and that’s frozen on the top, one foot out the door this morning and I nearly went a*se over t*t. 

• Like 2

Posted

Morning

As expected, rain overnight and I expect more to come.

For your sanity, don’t go in the Midlands thread, though there are some nice pics in there if you do fancy it.

Not all happy in there though, with some getting plenty of snow and others just up or down the road seeing rain. Hate a marginal set up!

Posted

got to go and try and re mend my chicken run, as its collapsed due to my bodge job but i dont want to get iced fingers , everything is frozen ,even due to the bird flu now my chickens are even locked up like us, and they are not happy, all freeloading  need to search for my gloves, sky very white looks very Christmassy though

• Like 1

Posted

Just looked at the radar some bright echoes just to the west of me, reports of snow at Salisbury, wondering if a chance we may get some if the heavier outbreak heads this way, bbc and met do not have any snow symbols at for me in the next 10 days 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and hot in summer
5 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Sorry to hear your bad news. 
I lost both parents earlier this year , so hoping for better 2021 

Hoping for snow to end year 

• Like 3

Posted
2 minutes ago, chelsea01 said:

Sorry to hear that, thoughts and hugs to you and your family

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, chelsea01 said:

Both parents, that is heartbreaking, how are you coping? I hope you get snow soon, if it can bring a smile to your face. According to posts in the MOD thread there will be more opportunities after today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
14 minutes ago, clark3r said:

Just looked at the radar some bright echoes just to the west of me, reports of snow at Salisbury, wondering if a chance we may get some if the heavier outbreak heads this way, bbc and met do not have any snow symbols at for me in the next 10 days 

not once has the met office app or bbc app shown any snow for the last 2 weeks and none for the next 10 days either. They both have temps averaging at 6c...BBC norfolk this morning have said there is no hint of any snow for the far east anglia this week. If there was to be any it would be rain and sleet....

Edited by slater
Re check
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 minute ago, slater said:

Thank you someone sensible on here...not once has the met office app or bbc app shown any snow for the last 2 weeks and none for the next 10 days either. They both have temps averaging at 6c...BBC norfolk this morning have said there is no hint of any snow for the far east anglia this week. If there was to be any it would be rain and sleet....

So no easterly then?

Posted
10 minutes ago, Joanne Swann said:

got to go and try and re mend my chicken run, as its collapsed due to my bodge job but i dont want to get iced fingers , everything is frozen ,even due to the bird flu now my chickens are even locked up like us, and they are not happy, all freeloading  need to search for my gloves, sky very white looks very Christmassy though

You have locked down your chickens?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warmth, sun, blue sky, and the odd bit of snow on a weekend would do nicely
1 minute ago, lassie23 said:

So no easterly then?

Apparently Weather Quest have said there is a small chance but the current sea temp of 9c would be rain ...if anything came of it would be much further inland 

• Thanks 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

You have locked down your chickens?

yes bird flu so all chickens as well over uk are locked away , i havent just done it off my own back 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Joanne Swann said:

yes bird flu so all chickens as well over uk are locked away , i havent just done it off my own back 

lol i never knew even chickens were having a bad time of it in this nightmare year.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

lol i never knew even chickens were having a bad time of it in this nightmare year.

ah well you never thought you would learn about chickens being locked up as well as us lol, but its very frosty out there, suns out over the fields, but my little pinkies will get cold :cold-emoji:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Looks like we had a hard frost this morning. I'm eagerly waiting to see if that band of ppn will give a any snow (if it makes it here)

@lassie23 Sorry to hear about your dad.

• Thanks 1