Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

Thoroughly miserable cold rain and slate grey skies here in Hailsham.

I’m currently 6 days into a 10 day isolation period, having got the dreaded contact tracing call on Christmas Eve, so the only consolation is that I wouldn’t have gone out for a walk anyway in weather like this!

Posted

Low of 3c tonight and positive dewpoints with not even a chance of a Frost tells you all you need to know.

Next chance on Wednesday but again until the deep cold takes hold for about 4-6 days and primes the Set Up then dribs and melting drabs the order of the week really.

Into New Year is when things could get interesting for the SE and before that happens we need some priming of the atmosphere first

• Like 4

Posted

Yh Dewpoints around most of the SE around 2c to 4c now so impossible for Snow as it stands.

There are pockets of 1c to 3c in the North of our region where Fog is still present but currently it is NOT condusive for snow at all

Posted
2 hours ago, tomp456 said:

Rain in Worthing, not expecting any snow at all any time soon 

Snow forecast for our region wednesday nigh up to 5 cm,that will do before the much colder air arrives at weekend and lower dewpoints.

• Like 4

Posted

Temperature 1.6 after a low of -1.1, can't see it getting to the forecast high of 4. Dew point 2.

Pressure is as low as I can remember seeing it, on my not particularly accurate barometer, at 982 and it's sunny.

Good to see snow warnings for our region Wednesday into Thursday. Up to 15cms over some of the high ground but 2 to 5cms more likely.

Edited by snowblind

Posted
7 minutes ago, snowblind said:

Temperature 1.6 after a low of -1.1, can't see it getting to the forecast high of 4. Dew point 2.

Pressure is as low as I can remember seeing it, on my not particularly accurate barometer, at 982 and it's sunny.

Good to see snow warnings for our region Wednesday into Thursday. Up to 15cms over some of the high ground but 2 to 5cms more likely.

Think your Temp is wrong there as you have just defied the laws of Meteorology with your temperature being lower than your dewpoint which is impossible 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Everything was white with frost here in Maidenhead this morning, but with grey skies, which was unusual. The frost has gone but it’s still feeling cold at 2°C, with continued grey skies. Thankfully dry. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
32 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Similar to 00z Blue? ECM seems much further north than most models but Met office are obviously taking it seriously as it matches their warning

47D4AFF3-3F0C-47D2-B8B0-F17A923333FD.jpeg

I'm south of the M4 but I can see a blob of pink here in NW Kent on that ECM chart

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

Gone dark very early this afternoon, despite sunset being one minute later today. Grey skies and a steady rain ,temps gone up to a dizzy 4c. Roaring log fire and a glass of G and t. Good health to you all.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

no rain here today, just dull and foggy, not even a breeze but im happy with no rain

• Like 3

Posted

Afternoon all

Seems to be plenty of weather about all over the region.

In lowland East London, we had a foggy start but that's lifted and we now have cloud.

Very little wind - indeed, calm conditions so nothing's happening quickly if at all. Perhaps the lightest of N'ly breezes.

Temperature has topped off at 4c and, going out for my socially-distanced lunchtime constitutional (I find snarling at people very good at maintaining social distancing - it worked for me long before Covid), I thought it was a reasonable winter's day. It doesn't look as though the precipitation to the south will come this way - the LP looks to be centred in the Solent for now though I expect it to start moving NE.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Just looking at xcweather and dp at zero just north of London so rain most likely. Anyone seeing sleet?

Posted

rain looks quite sleety here in Brighton shame really as we are just the wrong side of marginal if only that darned dew point was lower we’d all be enjoying some snow be it wet snow it’s something ??‍♂️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow, heat, sunshine and thunderstorms. Anything severe.

Been cold here today in Cambridge, temperatures haven’t got much above 1C due to the fog not lifting. Had a welcome relief from the wind though.☁️ 

F2681C63-6C3B-4641-B8EB-85B9D1655789.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

Afternoon all, going to be exciting in here over the coming week. Good to see some old familiar names popping up. No rain in Wallington this afternoon, spent a few hours moving logs, chainsawing and chopping in readiness for the weeks ahead. My revamped garden weather station is saying 1c at the moment down from a high of 3c. Dew point 0.9c so any precipitation would have been cold drizzle. Here's to seeing some snow to cheer us up after a difficult year for many.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Need a rapid change in wind direction or new showers to pop up quite a High CAPE so might happen. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

still dry here, no wind, still foggy rather eerie, butt and arm still hurts with me going over though lol, bloody chickens