Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
1 hour ago, Paul Sherman said:

Interesting looking at a couple of the 00z Models before we tap Into the North Easterly next week

ECM :- Not Having any of it with Uppers not Cold enough for anything other than Wintry Showers

GFS :- Not Showing anything Really with Maybe some Wintry Showers Middle of Next Week

These 2 are the most Interesting and relate to the timescale b4 or around NY Day

Arome :- Has an Interesting Feature on NY Eve running down the East Coast

ICON :- This is showing a similar area to the Arome linking to an area of LP in the Southern North Sea which greets the New Year with heavy Snow over the SE

Good spot Paul. It’s only the far south east that sees anything though. Hopefully something will pop up for the rest of the region... 

7C739072-461C-496B-BF28-13B3E5BC6A85.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Morning all,

Cold and frosty start in St Leonards. Nice to see a proper frost, fingers crossed for a little snow later, even if just a few flakes ❄️❄️❄️

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I'm either blind or see a different radar to most peeps, looking at sat with it, I don't think the ppn line is gonna miss most of south of the M4.

Obviously that doesn't mean definite snow though.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning

Nice to wake to sunshine today! Temp overnight dropped to 0.6c. Currently 2.0c but rising.

I think a lot of southern coastal counties might see something from that low pressure today, but unfortunately I can’t see it being anything other than rain or sleet unless you have some decent elevation (hoping I’m wrong!)

Also keeping an eye on the feature tomorrow evening down into the SE that Paul mentioned earlier, though also like him, I just want a few days of cold to bring the ground temp down before next week’s better chances arrive!

Have a good day people ❄️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOWWWWWWWW
3 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

Looking at the ICON for this time with radar imagery it’s quite a bit further north. Doesn’t seem destined to be fish only.

0B84E8DF-EF17-49C1-8967-266C2A76CD59.thumb.png.758eb8c579efc6f7f977ae08039e3587.png34A2168C-0FCE-431A-87A0-469D5202CC37.thumb.png.31f4a6efb3ec68d2fcfff00d894e85c0.png

How do you expect it evolve? What areas could you see it potentially hitting? Thanks m

Posted

METO completely removing the snow warning now. As if we didn’t know it was going to happen!

Just going for rain perhaps on the coast now with small accumulations over 200m.

What a crap start to the cold spell.

Edited by Southender

Posted
3 minutes ago, Southender said:

METO completely removing the snow warning now. As if we didn’t know it was going to happen!

Just going for rain perhaps on the coast now with small accumulations over 200m.

It is crap and simply not cold enough at the moment

Posted

The 00z KNMI-HARMONIE has a reasonable handle on the northern extent of the precipitation at the moment, which produces up to 10cm of snow over Dartmoor, and even 2cm over parts of Dorset. Locally 1cm over the Downs and High Weald, but for most barely a dusting.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 09.48.20.png

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
6 minutes ago, staplehurst said:

The 00z KNMI-HARMONIE has a reasonable handle on the northern extent of the precipitation at the moment, which produces up to 10cm of snow over Dartmoor, and even 2cm over parts of Dorset. Locally 1cm over the Downs and High Weald, but for most barely a dusting.

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 09.48.20.png

I think the 6z might be just a little further north, but I think rain is more probable than snow. May be sleet.

Posted

Looking like another snow chance gone for today, it’s been trending that way for days now so not a total let down.

Still lots of ‘potential’ in the medium/long term but it’s starting to become apparent that in this current setup the potential isn’t fully materialising - for this part if the uk anyway. I know there’s a long way to go in this winter but the constant grey leaden skies, 3°C and barely any frosts isn’t really floating my boat at the moment. 

Onto next week and there’s the hope of a more favourable NE’erly to easterly which historically has been fruitful for EA and the the south east for snow (old enough to remember 91 and 87 too)  just hope the 850’s are cold enough ??

Good luck to you guys on the south coast for later, you might just scrape something! 

Edited by Nimbusman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
4 minutes ago, Nimbusman said:

Good luck to you guys on the south coast for later, you might just scrape something! 

got my snow magnet ready facing the channel!

• Like 5

Posted

Quick question for the more technical  minded members...

considering we are under low pressure (albeit very slack) we have seen very little precipitation falling over our region. Have we been stuck in a pocket of drier air or is it to do with upper air flow? Aside from the disappointment of not seeing falling snow was just wondering if there’s a meteorological reason behind it? Be great to learn and understand why it panned out the way it has? TIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather
28 minutes ago, Southender said:

As so often is the case

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

snow keeps vanishing, if it was rain it would 100 percent nail us

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Finally after 3 days of gloom I have sunshine!

Got down to -1 last night with a nice frost. Still just below freezing now.

• Like 1

Posted
31 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I think the 6z might be just a little further north, but I think rain is more probable than snow. May be sleet.

It’s further south.

• Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Morning Everyone

Hope you're well

Snow keeps going from close Day Charts and Now the highest Chance of this Year is gone. 

Seas gonna Freeze Up is it. 

Screenshot_20201230_102526_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.5c4c9cdd908b1c9cf9e21ade67275579.jpg

Hope No One Has Missed That Snow Is Still On the charts. 

gfseuw-2-18.thumb.png.da6a809aa379385aedc024e6b2eef8d0.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather

Keeping this one saved so when it alters to rain I can ignore that and just look at this one..!

D6617C42-2335-4093-83BB-AD8A5A02D97A.png

Posted

If this transpires next week with an almost perfect Thames Streamer flow and -7/-8c uppers, I will be launching toys  

9B6414E9-4284-4B9D-AB62-D49FE3FF8B27.jpeg

• Like 1