Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted

Interesting looking at a couple of the 00z Models before we tap Into the North Easterly next week

ECM :- Not Having any of it with Uppers not Cold enough for anything other than Wintry Showers

GFS :- Not Showing anything Really with Maybe some Wintry Showers Middle of Next Week

These 2 are the most Interesting and relate to the timescale b4 or around NY Day

Arome :- Has an Interesting Feature on NY Eve running down the East Coast

ICON :- This is showing a similar area to the Arome linking to an area of LP in the Southern North Sea which greets the New Year with heavy Snow over the SE

• Like 5

Posted

BBC just said chance of few cm of snow over the downs tonight but uncertain, must just be covering there back, I did see on gfs it shows snow between 21.00 until 00.00 

changed it to chance of a dusting of snow lol ok I think iv given up on my snow chances during the Christmas break, prob when I’m back at work it will hammer it down 

Edited by clark3r

Posted

All snow symbols for Suffolk gone bye bye over night, sunny tomorrow but still got a yellow warning.

As much chance of snow here as we do of storms in the summer....f and all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

All a bit dull at the moment, the colder weather always seems to be a few days away.

Some have had snow but nothing meaningful, I can barely scrape a frost this morning!

We had showers throughout the day yesterday, nothing worse than rain at 2c.

Only positive is that the temps are low and we haven't got the onslaught of more rain

16093152882853224667051949740427.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
29 minutes ago, moogyboobles said:

With that full moon in the sky still too it is a rather pretty morning.

Just out for a morning walk and yes the moon is rather large! I took a photo but it doesn’t pick it up that well. 

EAAE9DDA-E6D9-45D4-A0EB-6444533D800B.jpeg

• Like 7

Posted
3 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

All a bit dull at the moment, the colder weather always seems to be a few days away.

Some have had snow but nothing meaningful, I can barely scrape a frost this morning!

Only positive is that the temps are low and we haven't got the onslaught of more rain

This with knobs on.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!
6 minutes ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

Love that weather station!!xx

Posted
32 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Interesting looking at a couple of the 00z Models before we tap Into the North Easterly next week

ECM :- Not Having any of it with Uppers not Cold enough for anything other than Wintry Showers

GFS :- Not Showing anything Really with Maybe some Wintry Showers Middle of Next Week

These 2 are the most Interesting and relate to the timescale b4 or around NY Day

Arome :- Has an Interesting Feature on NY Eve running down the East Coast

ICON :- This is showing a similar area to the Arome linking to an area of LP in the Southern North Sea which greets the New Year with heavy Snow over the SE

Morning Paul re ECM did you catch the final 240 frame - all very much lalalla land and as much chance of me winning a euromillion but to me thats the classic surface chart that makes me sit and take interest for our ES corner -  -10  850 in our corner with low pressure in France - all the other synoptics tend to be a bust for London /uk 

• Like 1

Posted
11 minutes ago, southbank said:

Morning Paul re ECM did you catch the final 240 frame - all very much lalalla land and as much chance of me winning a euromillion but to me thats the classic surface chart that makes me sit and take interest for our ES corner -  -10  850 in our corner with low pressure in France - all the other synoptics tend to be a bust for London /uk 

Morning Mate yh did see the T240 (Day 10) chart and had a cursory smile. Like a Said in the Model Thread a week before Xmas if we had endured 4 weeks of winter based on Day 10 Charts we would be building Ski Lifts and Toboggan Runs in the Uk by now. 

I am hoping for at least 3 or 4 days of Frost now at this stage to get the cold in and that ground temp down, maybe a few days of Freezing Fog and Rime and then hopefully those ECM/GFS charts can come to Fruition. But yes that last Frame was an absolute classic for the SE

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

One day it won’t all be a total bloody let down! Soooooo frustrating! 
A cloudy month of -1 to 5c will be soul destroying. Grrrrr

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
6 minutes ago, username home said:

One day it won’t all be a total bloody let down! Soooooo frustrating! 
A cloudy month of -1 to 5c will be soul destroying. Grrrrr

aka pretty much every English Winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
52 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Morning Mate yh did see the T240 (Day 10) chart and had a cursory smile. Like a Said in the Model Thread a week before Xmas if we had endured 4 weeks of winter based on Day 10 Charts we would be building Ski Lifts and Toboggan Runs in the Uk by now. 

I am hoping for at least 3 or 4 days of Frost now at this stage to get the cold in and that ground temp down, maybe a few days of Freezing Fog and Rime and then hopefully those ECM/GFS charts can come to Fruition. But yes that last Frame was an absolute classic for the SE

Totally agree with the second paragraph.

Apart from my childhood faves of 87 and 91, the best snowy period IMO was Jan 10, which had a leading up period of sunny and cold weather to get the ground in optimum condition before the snow hit.

Personally, I’d be quite content to forego some marginal, here to today gone tomorrow, events over the next 10 days, in exchange for cold days and frosty nights if it means us getting to that day 10 ECM chart!

Edited by lawrenk
word replacement
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Apart from my childhood faves of 87 and 91, the best large teapot period IMO was Jan 10, which had a leading up period of sunny and cold weather to get the ground in optimum condition before the snow hit.

Personally, I’d be quite content to forego some marginal, here to today gone tomorrow, events over the next 10 days, in exchange for cold days and frosty nights if it means us getting to that day 10 ECM chart!

100% Agree with this 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm spring days and summer thunderstorms

A Proper frosty start here in East Dene. Much prefer the sunny clear frosty weather to the dull damp drizzly weather of the past few days. Good Health to you all.

• Like 1

Another cold frosty morning, lows of -1.9c. I much rather it was warmer than grey and cold, utterly miserable. If we're going to get cold weather it should either snow or be sunny.

Todays low looks now confirmed to miss majority of us, maybe a dusting towards the coasts. Currently looks on track from the radar images too so won't be any last minute surprises. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings
5 minutes ago, lawrenk said:

Apart from my childhood faves of 87 and 91, the best large teapot period IMO was Jan 10, which had a leading up period of sunny and cold weather to get the ground in optimum condition before the snow hit.

Must have been Jan 10 when I struggled through the snow for 2 hours to get to work only for them to send me home within 15 minutes of arriving. Never seen snow that heavy in the UK , was wonderful to see.

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Agree with Paul, let's get that ground temp down. We're just marinating at the moment, preparing for the perfect feast (usual caveats apply....99% let down rate).

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything interesting!

So we've been given Bells whiskey at the in laws all over Christmas. Not what we wanted but better than nothing. We suspected the father in law had some single malt somewhere, but it's in a secret location far away in the garage. He's brought the single malt inside now, but it's still in the kitchen and we've not been offered one yet. 

Will he cave and pour us one? Does he have a bottle of 18 year old stashed away too? We'll just have to suffer Mrs Brown's Boys and wait it out. 

That's my completely scientific analysis of the state of play. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006
4 minutes ago, Number 23 said:

So we've been given Bells whiskey at the in laws all over Christmas. Not what we wanted but better than nothing. We suspected the father in law had some single malt somewhere, but it's in a secret location far away in the garage. He's brought the single malt inside now, but it's still in the kitchen and we've not been offered one yet. 

Will he cave and pour us one? Does he have a bottle of 18 year old stashed away too? We'll just have to suffer Mrs Brown's Boys and wait it out. 

That's my completely scientific analysis of the state of play. 

So long as we don't end up with just Lambrini.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow
1 hour ago, Norfolk_N_chance said:

Love the weather station may I ask what model it is please ? 

Posted
20 minutes ago, Uxbridge90 said:

Another cold frosty morning, lows of -1.9c. I much rather it was warmer than grey and cold, utterly miserable. If we're going to get cold weather it should either snow or be sunny.

Todays low looks now confirmed to miss majority of us, maybe a dusting towards the coasts. Currently looks on track from the radar images too so won't be any last minute surprises. 

Bit further north I’d say. Wouldn’t expect anything in London though.

CAC739D7-A6B0-4116-B1DB-D60354960E65.thumb.gif.b93d4e2117009b35ba9dc92f8c7f0949.gifFA402636-BAE9-4E38-A635-081F99CC6650.thumb.png.b875cdb75118d3d5139995db07081cc2.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Blazerblue said:

All snow symbols for Suffolk gone bye bye over night, sunny tomorrow but still got a yellow warning.

As much chance of snow here as we do of storms in the summer....f and all.

The MO yellow warning will be all but removed shortly. They couldn't be sure where the low from the West was going but it's clear now that it's tracking through the Channel.