Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.

I don’t know about snow but currently mild and rather gusty.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow in winter Warm Sunny Summer

Anyone up for a posh starter for the first day of winter? 
image.jpeg.710abd3a780862c0146ef4f4798451ac.jpeg

Main course will be ready for Christmas 🤞

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun

Well ... I will continue to lurk quietly, get set up for the worst of the weather for the cows ( Andy about so early must be considered a warning bell 🔔!! )

Gates frozen on Tresinwen back in March 2018. 

20180302_114800-EFFECTS.jpg

Edited by Penfoel
Structure of sentence poor
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Must have had a shower overnight - which ended a welcome 72+ hours without rain here - but this morning it’s bright and dry with only a light breeze and definitely feeling colder.  Are we heading for a ‘cold snap’ or is winter proper arriving earlier than usual?  Would be advisable to prepare for some frosts over the next week or so.

Edited by Sky Full
  • Like 3

Posted

Recorded a -4C outside at 7.30am this morning.  Can’t remember a November getting down to that level of frost in recent years.  Is this an early sign of a memorable Winter to come?  It was looking very pretty outside with everything coated in white but the sun is melting it off the trees already.  ❄️

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Should be seasonal!

-5.8c in Rhayader this morning, countryside absolutely stunning. Frost hung on all day in the shade. IMG_20231125_104829.thumb.jpg.c13476345c164e6e579a5ed60bb47125.jpg

• Like 3

Posted

Mild blip tommorow as colder air pushes south,Thursday looks interesting as a front pushes in from west outbreaks of sleet/snow,into the weekend a cold northerly with wintery shows pushes down from the North.

Screenshot_20231125_192857_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
49 minutes ago, keithlucky said:

Mild blip tommorow as colder air pushes south,Thursday looks interesting as a front pushes in from west outbreaks of sleet/snow,into the weekend a cold northerly with wintery shows pushes down from the North.

Screenshot_20231125_192857_Chrome.jpg

Next weekend cold building across the UK

Screenshot_20231125_202208_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow in winter, good sun at other times with appropriate rain.
1 hour ago, keithlucky said:

Next weekend cold building across the UK

Screenshot_20231125_202208_Chrome.jpg

Logs ordered.  Sainsburys 6 x 25% off wine offer factored in.  Winter duvets on bed. Tender plants in porch,  Garlic planting tomorrow.  This morning was first ‘scraping frost off car’ Day. 

• Like 3

Posted

Unbelievably, these are ‘snow depth’ charts for Thursday afternoon….

GFS.                                                             GEM

IMG_1266.thumb.png.b26415cd833403f71d1c0fa9853489e8.png   IMG_1267.thumb.png.4d66c89f52c30d5c078a57ca8c77801d.png

I was not expecting to see charts like this in November.  However, even at only four days away, predictions like this must be taken with a shovel full of salt.  Other outcomes are still very possible but it looks like a cold start to December and that’s pretty much nailed on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Sky Full said:

Unbelievably, these are ‘snow depth’ charts for Thursday afternoon….

GFS.                                                             GEM

IMG_1266.thumb.png.b26415cd833403f71d1c0fa9853489e8.png   IMG_1267.thumb.png.4d66c89f52c30d5c078a57ca8c77801d.png

I was not expecting to see charts like this in November.  However, even at only four days away, predictions like this must be taken with a shovel full of salt.  Other outcomes are still very possible but it looks like a cold start to December and that’s pretty much nailed on.

Yes a upgrade on GFs heavy snow Thursday especially high ground in South Wales. Looks like a stalling front pivoting over Wales,Weather never boring!!

Screenshot_20231126_080557_Chrome.jpg

Edited by keithlucky
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Love that we are getting this so early in the season. I imagine the usual caution, such as for myself at low level within 1-2miles of the coast to expect rain but its looking good once you get inland a bit. Hopefully see some snow at work in Llantrisant Thursday!

• Like 4

Posted

It does seem early in the season to be talking about a potential significant snowfall event, but the models are showing (and forecasters are increasingly saying) what they are!

Some caveats do apply, not least the fact that countless times we've been burnt much later in the season in similar set-ups and with SSTs lower than they currently are, but, in our favour, things are quite synoptically different this month compared to previous years. Also, inland south and mid Wales tend to benefit more than the rest of southern Britain in these low-bumping-against-cold scenarios.

An interesting week ahead.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 3

Posted
2 hours ago, Jackfrost said:

It does seem early in the season to be talking about a potential significant snowfall event, but the models are showing (and forecasters are increasingly saying) what they are!

Some caveats do apply, not least the fact that countless times we've been burnt much later in the season in similar set-ups and with SSTs lower than they currently are, but, in our favour, things are quite synoptically different this month compared to previous years. Also, inland south and mid Wales tend to benefit more than the rest of southern Britain in these low-bumping-against-cold scenarios.

An interesting week ahead.

I just seen the forecaste for the week ahead, cold week ahead but sitting on the fence on were precipation will fall,but mentioned a few times low lying snow in the south ,so met on board with snow potential. 

• Like 1

Posted

I was born late in November , we've always had the first snow around this time . I can remember a few snow events here in late November especially around my birthday, not a significant spell however there was disruption to some extent each time .

• Like 1

Posted

Thursday still looking good for snow ,just hope It doesn't adjust south as happened on previous occasions .Streamer setting up heavy snow showers up over fairly warm Irish sea on Friday bitterly cold weekend with biting cold N easterly wind.Screenshot_20231126_192221_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4137d691358a8c1778bc40b32fdd5a63.jpg

• Like 2

Posted

Watching the beast from the east on channel 5, can’t believe there was so much snow around the UK! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

I can only dream of snow here in Milford Haven...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snowy winters, pleasently warm summers without the extremes
13 minutes ago, Ukwoody said:

I can only dream of snow here in Milford Haven...

At least I have the consolation of hopefully seeing snow on the mountains around me as I too normally go empty handed down here in the valley in a default setting. 🙁

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes
8 hours ago, Wetterfrosch said:

At least I have the consolation of hopefully seeing snow on the mountains around me as I too normally go empty handed down here in the valley in a default setting. 🙁

Depressing isn't it, lol

• Like 1