Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
15 minutes ago, Empire Of Snow said:

Unfortunately Thursday is FI with the current setup. One thing I really don't like is the South focused posts in the mod thread. Sometimes it's really tiresome to check this thread despite the deep knowledge a lot of fellow members provide. 😕

I think it is going to be a case of looking at the radar and staring out of the window for later in the week.  🤣

Seriously though, I reckon based on current output there is probably a 500-600 mile difference between most southerly and northerly track for Thursday/Friday.

And yes, completely agree re the southern bias in the model thread.  The number of times this week has been written off by some members just because its not going to snow south of the m4! 🤦‍♂️

Posted
14 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

I think it is going to be a case of looking at the radar and staring out of the window for later in the week.  🤣

Seriously though, I reckon based on current output there is probably a 500-600 mile difference between most southerly and northerly track for Thursday/Friday.

And yes, completely agree re the southern bias in the model thread.  The number of times this week has been written off by some members just because its not going to snow south of the m4! 🤦‍♂️

I don't mind at all members wanting the best outcome regarding snow for their region. Some posts there though are really bizarre. "There's always a southwards correction" etc. It's 4 days, we don't have a clue. We don't even have a clue about tomorrow and Tuesday. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

What’s all the precip developing in Scotland was that forecast to be thier. ? 

Posted

Oh, looking at the charts now  whoever gets snow Thursday onwards it's going to be a LOT of a snow. These systems will stall and some places especially high ground could see 40cm+ of snow. It's exciting but I'll keep my expectations low for now. 

• Like 4

Posted

Arpege is now onboard for a Yorkshire wide event! Gfs still showing it too.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, NatureCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature, Person, Face, Head

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No real change in the big two snow to rain event Thursday and maybe another one Sunday. GFS a bit on it's own with milder air kept to the south longer but a push northwards on Sunday.

• Insightful 1

Posted

It's going to be difficult to sustain much snow on the ground in March if it does fall at any point, certainly at my level anyway, maybe less so a bit mor elevated.

I'd rather we got loads of snow or none at all personally, but I'm no big snow lover 🤣

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Crisp Cold Days
3 hours ago, Craigers said:

Arpege is now onboard for a Yorkshire wide event! Gfs still showing it too.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, NatureCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, PersonCould contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature, Person, Face, Head

I’m flying out of Leeds Bradford airport early hours of Friday morning, safe to say I’ve just booked a travel lodge next door to go up the night before just incase.lol 

Posted
18 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

I’m flying out of Leeds Bradford airport early hours of Friday morning, safe to say I’ve just booked a travel lodge next door to go up the night before just incase.lol 

You could walk from Addingham 😉 anywhere nice?

Posted
5 minutes ago, boyzie said:

You could walk from Addingham 😉 anywhere nice?

😂.. Lanzarote pal. If we can get there lol 🤞🤞… Potential big snow event for our region and I flying out the day it starts. Typical 🙈😂

Posted

Outside chance of some snow this evening . GFS seems interested in a slight covering in places,  NMM a little (0z more than 6z), but most models aren't really interested .  Here is hoping. 

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, Yorkshirepudding said:

😂.. Lanzarote pal. If we can get there lol 🤞🤞… Potential big snow event for our region and I flying out the day it starts. Typical 🙈😂

Looking at your height staying next door to the hotel is a good choice. I suspect it is difficult to get out of where you live when it has snowed. My parents fly out of manchester Saturday so hope they get there safely.

Posted
8 minutes ago, boyzie said:

Looking at your height staying next door to the hotel is a good choice. I suspect it is difficult to get out of where you live when it has snowed. My parents fly out of manchester Saturday so hope they get there safely.

Yes very hard when it snow pal, We rely on the farmers who do an amazing job. I booked and there was only two rooms left so maybe a lot of other people are having similar thoughts, best to be safe than sorry 👍

And fingers crossed for everyone who is travelling anywhere this coming week or so for safe journeys 👌

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

I must admit I'm very muddled as to whether this is going to be much
of a snow event .. or not.
I keep reading around and watching forecasts.
I do love a bit of snowfall, but can't be excited if it melts on the ground or
is immediately swept away by rain.
We shall see !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Meto Weather warning issued for our region for Thursday and Friday.

h_lnxvxlqrdqb2kyrixw3lmmul7n-abrzjuzyvzd
WWW.METOFFICE.GOV.UK

Met Office UK weather warnings for rain, snow, wind, fog and ice. Choose your location to keep up to date with local weather warnings.

Could contain: File, Chart, Plot, Webpage

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Very heavy hailstorm here as I type.
Nasty to be out !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I’m still far from convinced regarding this up coming spell. Just had a read of caticol post on the mod thread very informative and well wrote definitely explains it well. 

• Like 1

Posted
22 minutes ago, terrier said:

I’m still far from convinced regarding this up coming spell. Just had a read of caticol post on the mod thread very informative and well wrote definitely explains it well. 

Yes I've read his post but he doesn't say anything we didn’t know tbf. If the low comes EXACTLY as modelled in the recent runs I can't see any freezing rain especially from Leeds northwards and places at 150+asl will see significant amounts of snow. It's going to be snow and the heavy stuff of it. Ofc in Lincolnshire it will be rain. 

I'll wait until Wednesday though. I'm not getting excited at all. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

animmdv9.gif

• Like 2

Posted

Just a word of warning we are far from home and dry yet, this is what could go wrong (latest gfs).

We just need the low 100 miles further south than this, this scenario started showing on this mornings ukmo, I was hoping we move away from this scenario.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Modern Art, Outdoors, Nature

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
Just now, Harsh Climate said:

Just a word of warning we are far from home and dry yet, this is what could go wrong (latest gfs).

We just need the low 100 miles further south than this, this scenario started showing on this mornings ukmo, I was hoping we move away from this scenario.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Art, Modern Art, Outdoors, Nature

I’m thinking it’s gonna shift south a little closer to the time only takes a little shift and we hit the jackpot 🎰 

Posted

Lunchtime here was sunshine and showers, I managed to dodge them. No wintery stuff at all, and a strong force 6 WNW which dropped to force 3 and veered NW while out.

Could contain: Road, Tarmac, Freeway, Highway, Horizon, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Gravel, Person

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

I’m thinking it’s gonna shift south a little closer to the time only takes a little shift and we hit the jackpot 🎰 

Yes, unfortunately, things are too close for comfort right now. We are very close to hitting the jackpot, 10-20cm (below 150m), 20-30cm (150m+)

If the chart I just illustrated was 100% bang on we would  be looking at heavy sleet to 2 cm below 150m and 2-5cm 150m-250m.... Which would be a travesty when things were almost nailed on last night. 

• Like 1