Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
47 minutes ago, Premier Neige said:

I don't think that's a meteorite. It's not moving fast enough for most of the video. Don't think it's a lantern either as it does change speed and direction near the end...

Hi.  It looked like it slightly went ‘out’ towards the end, and that could have altered speed and direction? 
 Agree, it looked like no meteorite 

and yes, those lanterns (if it was one) are dangerous to animals and property 😞 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Radar shows it's snowing here and the sun is out. Shows that it can lie at times.

Posted

Had a brief 10-15 min snow shower. Hopefully see some proper lying snow when the frontal system comes in tomorrow night.

20230308_104513.heic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
10 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Radar shows it's snowing here and the sun is out. Shows that it can lie at times.

Yes little faith in this snizzle this morning, perhaps something a bit better scraping in later on, as per the warning. For now the light stuff is up in the clouds and evaporating before it precipitates.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Radar animation makes interesting viewing.  The band of snow to the south/south west seems to have stopped moving nne but there are now showers moving from the east.  The circulation seems to centre close to Lincoln.  So my guess is if we see any snow today it will be from the showers moving east to west rather than from the band of snow to the south.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

• Like 1

Posted

Met office predicting heavy snow here all afternoon sky looks full of it so we shall see 👀 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

Ahh the extreme coastal areas have been taken off Thurs & Fri
M.O. yellow weather warnings.   
Again, I'm very doubtful I'll see measurable snow here .

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Person

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
8 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Rainforest, Tree, Vegetation, Person

Ah well, perhaps a good thing really if it is as predicted. Gotta be places this week! Although I do like the practice in my snow drive mode in the car 😄. Looks like @Aiden2012 could still be in the potential zone…

We’ve just had 3 flakes about 1/2hr ago despite being under the action on the radar. @Wold Topper, you doing Driff today? Looks like they may have had more luck than here & seen the remains of whatever you had in Brid…

Pics from this morning’s walk just showing the snow clouds that I presume were falling on Hull/Bev at the time (35 miles away)

Could contain: Horizon, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Plant, Ground, Land, Field  Hull ‘over the hill’..… Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Field, Scenery, Cow, Countryside, Weather, Road  some undulatus cloud?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow upon snow upon SNOW!!!

The Met O Radar animation is an interesting watch... to say the least!... Almost has me under snow from 9am thursday right through till 9am Friday!!!... if that happens then OMG!!! hahaha!

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Current radar is interesting that band has really got some persistence, heavy stuff falling in York if it's true.

FYI.

sutton_bank_snow.jpg
WWW.NORTHYORKS.GOV.UK

View pictures of road conditions across North Yorkshire from our weather station cameras.

North Yorkshire added loads of new cameras / weather stations on the exposed parts largely for snow over past couple of years, they finally have a good use.

Edited by cowdog
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Light snow here!

• Like 2

Posted

It was very cold this morning then the sun was trying the come out and it went a little milder now its cold again and skies are very snowy looking 🤞🤞

Posted

Light snow in South Sheffield now. Looking at the radar there is the interesting scenario of snow approaching from both the west and east with Yorkshire in the middle

• Like 3

Posted

A few flakes now blowing around in north Sheffield and it’s getting darker. Fronts from the east and coming from the south interesting times . On the app its meant to basically snow from now to Saturday none stop 😂❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
49 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Booo 😂😂, thats no fun, even at home my part of the Wolds is only a few miles from the sea as the crow fly's 🙄

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms, and plenty of warm sunny days!
35 minutes ago, RebsAbbo said:

Ah well, perhaps a good thing really if it is as predicted. Gotta be places this week! Although I do like the practice in my snow drive mode in the car 😄. Looks like @Aiden2012 could still be in the potential zone…

We’ve just had 3 flakes about 1/2hr ago despite being under the action on the radar. @Wold Topper, you doing Driff today? Looks like they may have had more luck than here & seen the remains of whatever you had in Brid…

Pics from this morning’s walk just showing the snow clouds that I presume were falling on Hull/Bev at the time (35 miles away)

Could contain: Horizon, Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Grass, Plant, Ground, Land, Field  Hull ‘over the hill’..… Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Sky, Horizon, Field, Scenery, Cow, Countryside, Weather, Road  some undulatus cloud?

Not going via Driff tonight, don't envisage any issue's travelling this afternoon ont way home....

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!

Snow started falling here now. Met office website has it snowing here from 3pm till 9pm, heavy at times - this is for today. We weren't expected any at all today, just shows how it can all change at a moment's notice with snow.

• Like 1

Posted

all quiet here at S11 South West Sheffield it is cold, sky looks grey but could be a bit on its way still

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

Snowing lightly here in Calderdale. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
1 hour ago, mat43 said:

Hi.  It looked like it slightly went ‘out’ towards the end, and that could have altered speed and direction? 
 Agree, it looked like no meteorite 

and yes, those lanterns (if it was one) are dangerous to animals and property 😞 

Looked to me like it turned right as we look at it, comes back on itself then shoots straight up. Who knows?!

Back on topic and met office insisting on snow this afternoon for South Yorkshire. Nothing happening yet apart from a light flurry earlier. Hoping tomorrow delivers the goods. Only problem is I have a job interview tomorrow at 1pm! 😂

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, severe frost, freezing fog and summer sunshine
3 minutes ago, Craigers said:

Arpege has nailed this from 3 days ago!

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Sea, Water, Person

Do these charts show cumulative snow depths or what is expected to fall on the date the model shows?

Just now, Premier Neige said:

Do these charts show cumulative snow depths or what is expected to fall on the date the model shows?

Ignore - I've just looked at the chart properly and answered my own question! 😂

• Like 1