Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sun, storms & ‘Oh no can’t go into work - snowed in’ days
25 minutes ago, Wold Topper said:

Thanks, but it's not really a proper RR, girlie versions don't count 😉 i cant turn up to work in a dress😂😂, i'll take me chances going sideways or WFH

🙄🙄….pride….fall…hedges…ditches….now what is that well known phrase 🤔🤷🏼‍♀️😆

1 hour ago, yaffle said:

Just let the dog out... there's no snow here! and I can see the moon through the clouds, not a good sign but hoping for tomorrow.

Anyway, didn’t you get snow in 1963? And you’re asking for more? That’s just sheer greed… 🤦🏼‍♀️

Night all 😴

Edited by RebsAbbo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

So today is the day how will this all pan out. Few light flurry’s here already but melting on impact on paths and roads again. Hopefully tonight we see the main coarse. Good luck everyone 👍

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

Morning! Still full cover here albeit not much, currently -0.3°C after a low of -1.7°C so snow nice and crunchy. Some further light flurries overnight, not quite enough to test out the 4WD R32 with winter tyres on my trip to work this morning, perhaps they will get a better workout later on. 

Working on the North York Moors today so hoping to see some more snow!

Good luck to everyone today!

Could contain: Machine, Spoke, License Plate, Vehicle, Car, Coupe, Sports Car, Alloy Wheel, Tire, WheelCould contain: Flare, Light, Lighting, Headlight, Transportation, Vehicle, Outdoors, Nature
Could contain: Outdoors, Shelter, Countryside, Hut, Nature, Housing, Weather, House, Roof, Ice

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 7

Posted

Really is fine margins for here later today. Met Office has me under heavy snow symbols for many hours but with a temperature of 1°C so by eck it’s tight. You West/South Yorkshire lot send your less marginal air this way. 😃

Could contain: Text

• Like 1

Posted

Don't forget post pics everyone, for us on the South Coast that don't see snow any more. 

Greenhow village the sweet spot I'm going for around 50cm plus! 

• Like 3

Posted

Met office as Heavy snow symbols from 9am for 24 hours not something I’ve ever seen before let’s hope it comes off 😆

Could contain: Text

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
2 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

Don't forget post pics everyone, for us on the South Coast that don't see snow any more. 

So this is the pic now.Very light flurries at moment.

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Car, Frost, Snow, Alloy Wheel, Spoke, Wheel

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow

Well if I believe bbc weather today is gonna be a non event, but I don’t believe that 😂❄️🙏

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, File, Text

Posted

Well just been outside at work here in Huddersfield and it’s turned to light rain. Temp must have risen or something very strange. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love snow
2 minutes ago, terrier said:

Well just been outside at work here in Huddersfield and it’s turned to light rain. Temp must have risen or something very strange. 

Oh no that’s not something I wanted to hear 😳🙈

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Still light snow here not settling on the pavemtne despite temps just below freezing. 5cm on the grass though.

On the radar theystem looks fairly week so as it is we won't get the dumping predicted but that can change.

Edited by The PIT

Posted
2 minutes ago, Aiden2012 said:

Oh no that’s not something I wanted to hear 😳🙈

I’m still hopeful once the heavier precipitation moves on this afternoon it will readily turn back to snow. Was surprised by the rain though. 

5 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Still light snow here not settling on the pavemtne despite temps just below freezing. 5cm on the grass though.

On the radar theystem looks fairly week so as it is we won't get the dumping predicted but that can change.

The radar looks fine?  The amber warning doesn't come into force until 3pm remember. This initial warm front isn't the main event, it's the greater energy from the triple point that will likely bring the heavier and more disruptive snow later on and overnight as it pivots back south and east.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈

I am wondering if Doncaster will get a lot of snow today 

Posted
2 minutes ago, Liam Taylor said:

I am wondering if Doncaster will get a lot of snow today 

Forecasts suggest not. Could be one of those where one side of town gets the snow and this side doesn't.

• Like 1

Posted

Its dead on 0c here and the radar looks like its intensified. 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Outdoors, Nature

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow ❄️ / Thunderstorms ⛈
8 minutes ago, AndyFromDonny said:

Forecasts suggest not. Could be one of those where one side of town gets the snow and this side doesn't.

Ok I’m from armthorpe ( Doncaster ) 🤞🏻🤞🏻 u never know with the weather and it’s snowing here now buddy 👍🏻

Edited by Liam Taylor

Posted

A nice covering this morning as a base layer for the fun to come. Fingers crossed everyone 

Could contain: Plant, Tree, Fir, Architecture, Building, Outdoors, Shelter, Conifer, Nature

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

There was just a slight covering on the grass, cars and roofs when I took the dog out for his last walk at 11 last night.  We’ve had nothing overnight and a low of -0.5c.  

We’ve had light snow since about 6.45 and temps are currently -0.4c with a dewpoint of -1.1c.

Radar looks full of potential, so expecting light to moderate snow for most of the morning and then the heavier stuff this afternoon and overnight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
22 minutes ago, terrier said:

Yet its snowing here.The main system is not here yet patience required.Temp in town centre under light precip will be higher

Posted
39 minutes ago, SLEETY said:

I have a weather station in Greenhow so will be in contact regularly with the lady who has my station. 
Here’s the WU link to my station at 378m asl: 

WWW.WUNDERGROUND.COM

Weather Underground provides local & long-range weather forecasts, weather reports, maps & tropical weather conditions for locations worldwide.

Also see here for council road conditions camera at just over 400 metres.

sutton_bank_snow.jpg
WWW.NORTHYORKS.GOV.UK

View pictures of road conditions across North Yorkshire from our weather station cameras.

• Like 2

Posted

Overcast but no ppn at the moment with T=0.3 C and Td on zero, a very slight and very patchy snow cover, cars, grass, roofs< 1 cm, the low was as now 0.3 C

• Like 1

Posted

bbc graphics is ugly viewing for those east of leeds with rain/sleet/wet snow all day and night.. Keeping the faith here though temperature is -1 with lovely lighht snow falling. Nothing settling on paths/roads yet, that is another concern will it struggloe to settle due to warmer than normal ground temperatures.. Hopefully is settling snow all the way with nothing to worry about. Here at 200ft Asl not too shabby but used to living in places 350ft+ which can make all the difference.

Hopefully like Bazookabob was highlighting yesterday, a sharp drop ooff in elevation just east of here that may explain the graphics of more rain/sleet to the east.

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1