Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted

Moderate snow now with some bigger flakes mixed in, still not settling on the roads here at 100m asl though 

Posted
4 minutes ago, matt brid said:

It will be rain on the east coast with an easterly wind onshore.

Chance of sleet and snow into tomorrow morning as the system clears and winds back northerly.

We had our fun on Tuesday morning , what more could a man want lol.

Maybe some sleet mixed in today but mostly rain. 

I think the issue here even tomorrow morning is it will have cleared away before it turns cold enough for snow again. One heavy shower yesterday evening produced a sugar coating here, that’s me lot I think.

• Like 1

Posted

Just starting to get going here in CleckHeckmonSedge! Got a trip over to Heywood this morning which should be interesting coming back!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......
Just now, Steel City Skies said:

Schools have their hands tied. I work in a school and we're in the same difficult situation. There's pressure to stay open and not close due to just a forecast.

However, closing when it's already really bad and snowy seems like shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted.

I retired as a teacher a couple of years ago. Most of the time it was heavy snow it was overnight so just a phone call in the morning and listening to local radio, the few times it was during the day were panic stations. I was an early warning system, saying it might be an idea not to open but they seemed happier with the chaos of children stuck, parents stuck. In 2010-11, without anyone taking a decision, parents were pulling their children out of classes so quickly I was left with no students even before the school closed. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,cold weather + summer heatwaves and thunderstorms.
2 minutes ago, Matt Jones said:

I think the issue here even tomorrow morning is it will have cleared away before it turns cold enough for snow again. One heavy shower yesterday evening produced a sugar coating here, that’s me lot I think.

It is +4c in Bridlington now and dp rising so let it rain down.

Peak District is the place to be to build a very large snowman later today hahaha 😆

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

It's extremely marginal when you look at it.

Here my station has a dew point of -0.2 and wet bulb the same. Only just in sub zero territory.

We can't have any sniff of miller air getting in from this warm front...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms
6 minutes ago, The PIT said:

Not really settling low down in Sheffield.

It isnt here on the pavements and paths. If anything what was left on the paths seems to be melting. 

Its still snowing allbeit really light

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - storms, tornadoes, snow

2.0c here with drizzle and occasional sleet.

Posted

Getting heavier now all roofs and cars have a good dusting now! Paths taking a covering now ! 

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Ground, Frost, Snow

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

2 to 3 cm deep already here. Going to be great fun getting the kids from the schools, when they call the inevitable this afternoon and close early.

Posted

Here we go!  Massive flakes now, the path ans roads finally giving up their fight and it's starting to settle ❄️❄️

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and North Easterley flows, Early spring convection snow showers

Firstly good luck to all of our regional members ❄️ left home at Aston to 1 degrees, slight cover from last night intact and very light snow, enjoyed a drive via Woolley across to Holmfirth and eventually Slaithwaite for work purposes, and it seemed to be intensifying a little, though probably as much to do with altitude, but definitely seems to be picking up, currently according to the weather station here -0.5

Hopefully get through the day and home to enjoy the spectacle later ❄️

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

Just back from walk to school. Paths and roads mostly clear. 

Starting to pick up now here though with much bigger flakes. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

Have noticed the radar shows the PPN loosing intensity around this area as it moves up. I assume that will change this afternoon? Light snow here not settling.

Anyways, I am heading out to do calls as I have to. Might do the Bradford job this afternoon on purpose.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Moderate snow now, but the bit that was on the pavements has now melted.  Temps up to 0.4c and dewpont -0.1c so we are currently just the right side of marginal.  

i suspect this is going to be one of those situations where if you are in an area the wrong side of marginal you will be very disappointed by tomorrow, but anyone on the right side will be very happy.  The largest snow depths are often seen in these situation as it tends to generate bigger flakes and once it has started to settle it will accumulate very quickly.

• Insightful 1

Posted

Light snow in Wakefield. Garden weather station showing 0.0C. Not settling on roads/pavements as it stands. See what happens later....!

Posted

Just rain here as expected so far. I hate these setups, always rubbish in this area.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

Posted
45 minutes ago, matt brid said:

It is +4c in Bridlington now and dp rising so let it rain down.

Peak District is the place to be to build a very large snowman later today hahaha 😆

2.9c here and light rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

Away from the road and paths it's accumulating nicely and looks lovely, but you can see how wet the road is, it's no where near settling on there at the moment:

Could contain: Nature, Outdoors, Weather, Ice, Plant, Tree, Frost, Snow, Fir, WoodCould contain: Path, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Road, Boat, Outdoors, Water, Handrail, Weather

Posted

0.c here constant light snow covering on some surfaces especially sheltered spots what didn’t get sun yesterday on the paths 

Edited by Love Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

I think a very frustrating day ahead for many of us. Been a mix of sleet and light snow here. Roads and pavements are absolutely soaked now. Maybe we will see something later on. But as a few have mentioned already the graphics have changed considerably on the latest weather. I know the amber alert is from 3pm onwards today but I’m sceptical I have to admit. 

Posted
Just now, terrier said:

I think a very frustrating day ahead for many of us. Been a mix of sleet and light snow here. Roads and pavements are absolutely soaked now. Maybe we will see something later on. But as a few have mentioned already the graphics have changed considerably on the latest weather. I know the amber alert is from 3pm onwards today but I’m sceptical I have to admit. 

It was always a evening event I wouldn’t write it off just yet! 

• Like 1

Posted

Steady snow falling in north Sheffield 7 cm on the bin and the amber warning not even kicked in yet. it’s going to get interesting if the wind picks up later as the snow will blow easy 💨 ❄️