Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and E England regional discussion

Posted
4 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

If you have any spare snow over there, I have plenty of room over here to store it.

Hahaha i dont think your going to do too badly in your location anyway!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All
1 minute ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

That model thread is so depressing you would think we weren't staring down the barrel of a bitterly cold week with snow for many!

So many whingers its dry here its all breaking down blah blah blah even from posters in areas which I think will do extremely well from this setup!

If you're not happy with 4/5 ice days and the potential for some snow and your based in the UK you may as well give up as you will never be happy!

Just going to stick with this thread I think.  Proper weather talk in straightforward language from proper Yorkshire folk! 

Anyway enough of that T-24 and counting for the start of the fun and games!  ❄?

Its an Autistic trait.

Taking as gospel that something will happen and tehn getting stresses cos it changes followed by meltdown when shown that it could end (more change)

Dont I know it, been living with it for 30+ years.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, Scott Ingham said:

Hahaha i dont think your going to do too badly in your location anyway!

Just want to be sure that I fill any gaps that haven't got any.

Anyway, nice to see you posting, hope it makes you feel better and takes your mind off things.

• Like 2

Posted
5 minutes ago, Kentish Snowman in Yorks said:

That model thread is so depressing you would think we weren't staring down the barrel of a bitterly cold week with snow for many!

So many whingers its dry here its all breaking down blah blah blah even from posters in areas which I think will do extremely well from this setup!

If you're not happy with 4/5 ice days and the potential for some snow and your based in the UK you may as well give up as you will never be happy!

Just going to stick with this thread I think.  Proper weather talk in straightforward language from proper Yorkshire folk! 

Anyway enough of that T-24 and counting for the start of the fun and games!  ❄?

and a good ole cup of yorkshire tea

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms
4 minutes ago, TyphoonNow said:

Daft question but where is tomorrow’s front now? Is it over Europe or not yet materialised? 

Over Scotland and will start making it way South soon and reach far North of Yorkshire early tomorrow then slowly make its way South into the Midlands by midnight Sat/Sun.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Hard to tell what's actually going to occur if you follow the main model thread as there is always an aura of doom! What's clear is our region is going to be cold for the next 5 days - snow chances Saturday night, followed by showers for several days (with the potential of big accumulations if streamers set up), then there's a possible dumping of snow when it breaks down on Thursday. All in all, exciting times!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
13 minutes ago, TyphoonNow said:

Daft question but where is tomorrow’s front now? Is it over Europe or not yet materialised? 

Look on radar to our north.

It's basically the fronts that have gone north this week and got stuck in Scotland coming back south as the low gives up.

Edited by summer blizzard
  • Like 2

Posted
43 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

On the forum generally outside of regionals. Londoners always feel entitled though.

Some of the usernames might as well be Michael Caine, Del Boy, Ronnie Kray and the Pearly King. At least we’d know the ones to ignore. 

• Like 4

Posted
11 minutes ago, SouthYorks said:

Over Scotland and will start making it way South soon and reach far North of Yorkshire early tomorrow then slowly make its way South into the Midlands by midnight Sat/Sun.

Already moving south and west. More or less a line from Carslile to Middlesbrough now.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
12 minutes ago, adrianh said:

Hard to tell what's actually going to occur if you follow the main model thread as there is always an aura of doom! What's clear is our region is going to be cold for the next 5 days - snow chances Saturday night, followed by showers for several days (with the potential of big accumulations if streamers set up), then there's a possible dumping of snow when it breaks down on Thursday. All in all, exciting times!

Both the UKMO and Euro would probably not break down on Thursday for us albeit unless the flow moves back in we'd get a second front soon after as rain.

Posted
10 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Nice one mate!

It could be worse, you could both see and hear it.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, summer blizzard said:

Both the UKMO and Euro would probably not break down on Thursday for us albeit unless the flow moves back in we'd get a second front soon after as rain.

Yes it's very much an IF, regarding potential breakdown on Thursday.

I wouldn't bet against a brief less cold blip before a resurgence of colder conditions again.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

Just want to be sure that I fill any gaps that haven't got any.

Anyway, nice to see you posting, hope it makes you feel better and takes your mind off things.

Things are actually loads better today buddy thank you! Super excited for saturday evening onwards now!

• Like 6

Posted
1 minute ago, Steel City Skies said:

Yes it's very much an IF, regarding potential breakdown on Thursday.

I wouldn't bet against a brief less cold blip before a resurgence of colder conditions again.

Would be awesome for it to get over us stay for a day then leave  the way it came. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very cold/sunny, Snow, Hot/Thunderstorms

Looking a bit beyond the weekend, and the GEM is a treat again and consistent with its 6z run, with the Baltic Sea sourced Humber streamer setting up around 7am Monday and still going strong on Wednesday.  Here is the link if anyone wants to run the sequence through.

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/geme_cartes.php?&ech=126&mode=2&carte=5

WWW.METEOCIEL.FR

Meteociel propose le modèle deterministe GEM

B0FFEC80-31EA-497D-B90E-00EB88B5BE70.png

4637BD1E-B81E-4AAC-8F15-3B2692F83AFC.png

Edited by SouthYorks
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Things are actually loads better today buddy thank you! Super excited for saturday evening onwards now!

image.thumb.png.cbf3707a22437785423ce07409dcc548.pngCurrent WRF for Glossop, I totaled it up and when the cold gets in, we receive 30mm to the end of the table, nice at 1mm =1cm snow or better.

• Like 4

Posted
9 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

image.thumb.png.cbf3707a22437785423ce07409dcc548.pngCurrent WRF for Glossop, I totaled it up and when the cold gets in, we receive 30mm to the end of the table, nice at 1mm =1cm snow or better.

The air has relatively low due points so you could maybe add 10 or 20% to them totals if that happens as forecast but showers are hit n miss so who knows. Cant see you doing any less than 15cm by close of wednesday 

Posted
1 minute ago, Scott Ingham said:

The air has relatively low due points so you could maybe add 10 or 20% to them totals if that happens as forecast but showers are hit n miss so who knows. Cant see you doing any less than 15cm by close of wednesday 

My missus is going to have a hard time doing her community nursing. Shes expected like those on your side of the Pennines, to trudge through how ever far it is and meet the Duty of Care.

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Had Worse said:

My missus is going to have a hard time doing her community nursing. Shes expected like those on your side of the Pennines, to trudge through how ever far it is and meet the Duty of Care.

They dont get the recognition they deserve mate the job they do especially through covid recently i hope it doesnt affect her too much!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun
2 hours ago, Cheese Rice said:

I think we should air on the side of caution for next week and not have too high expectations.

The met office is going for a cloudy flow, which would hamper convection for Monday and Tuesday. As time goes on the flow should become more showery but we'll see. 

Saturday is up in the air. EURO4 shows the heaviest precipitation clipping the south of the region, the higher resolution NMM is similar to that as well. 

Not good a cloudy flow, seen it before when we've ended up with just Snow grains on and off for a couple of days. 

We did eventually get some heavy snow once fronts pushed up from South though. 

Posted

Do you guys reckon METO underestimates the push of colder air tomorrow? It looks to me that the rain to snow transition might happen earlier than forecasted even with temps around 2C as DP will fall rapidly.