Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 30 December 2020 onwards

cheshire snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Tuesday is a bust. Even temperatures are up to 6C on that day. I think I'll wait till next weekend for the next possible snow event.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
1 minute ago, iand61 said:

Tbh which was the more predictable, our snow chances disappearing further north for the second time in a week or Burnley getting hammered by Chelsea for the second time in a season.

I'm sure you'll pick up again, smaller fish to fry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
Just now, Day 10 said:

I'm sure you'll pick up again, smaller fish to fry.

Yeah Citeh this week although it may be called of due to the huge dumping of snow that this part of Lancashire is going to get on Tuesday.

Posted
Just now, Slidergate '17 said:

That's insane. 

Tuesdays snow has been a gonna for ages and the mild push from the south is increasing which is having an affect of slowing the return to colder air 

met office app has snow late Wednesday now then cold out untill the end 

Posted

Looks like the Scottish borders once again in prime position while the rest of the UK suffer wind & rain!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
6 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Pinched this out of the mod thread.

Bloody hell.

355141214_Screenshot_2021-01-31Modeloutputdiscussion-isthebeastawakening.thumb.png.38e5c363d7d60f1d3e260af4e9fb186b.png

I’d be happier if that was 1st Tuesday in April not damned February.

• Like 1

Posted

image.thumb.png.5626284eb232ba66ee6aa53ab91ac388.pngI aint giving up just yet.. this model doesn't look too bad and everything can yet still change in our favor.

image.thumb.png.29a31b40c93eadfcfe92890b74a2b3ce.png

Edited by SnowWatcher2

Posted
6 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Yeah Citeh this week although it may be called of due to the huge dumping of snow that this part of Lancashire is going to get on Tuesday.

Oh well there you go, easy!

Awaits verbals from @WillinGlossop & @Had Worse

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

image.thumb.png.5626284eb232ba66ee6aa53ab91ac388.pngI aint giving up just yet.. this model doesn't look too bad and everything can yet still change in our favor.

Are you kidding me lol, that's been stubbornly north most of the way.

That's a notable shift from the UKV.

Posted
1 minute ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

I aint giving up just yet.. this model doesn't look too bad and everything can yet still change in our favor.

image.thumb.png.5626284eb232ba66ee6aa53ab91ac388.png

image.png

Looks ok but the snow map is for 4am so I’d imagine it’s back to rain for almost everywhere apart from the highest tops by the time most folk are up and about.

during the last effort in the middle of last week we had about 3 hours of light to moderate snow here before it turned to sleet and then rain but it never even tried to stick so even the lightest of coverings will be an improvement but still a massive downgrade on what was showing a couple of days ago.

that said though, it’s heavy snow on offer and it’s the north west it’s heading to about so it’s never going to happen.

• Like 1

Posted
9 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Why is mine different to yours?

viewimage_pbx.thumb.png.04c7ef7fa259a70a114652d531f9f67a.png

Posted

In the many years I've followed this site I don't think I've ever been as confused about what the weather is going to do next week! Obviously our short term farce of snow and ice warnings on tuesday but bbc weather showing 8c and rain - but then the mad thread being just that. The end of next week is either bitter cold from the east, less cold from the east, maybe coldish from height rises to the north but there might still be low pressure in charge. I've never seen it *this* mixed up. 

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Why is mine different to yours?

viewimage_pbx.thumb.png.04c7ef7fa259a70a114652d531f9f67a.png

I've used the NW-SR model for that run, its being a bit more positive at moment.. waiting on the 15Z UKV run now to see if that matches.

• Thanks 1

Posted

Also been watching the sat again and currently seems to be tracking quicker than ICON/ECM and GFS expecting ? 

image.thumb.png.2fbaeab759056c34b2488f80d1f26f8e.pngimage.thumb.png.4735caa7b946ef91539198f1edda4aa0.pngimage.thumb.png.97291b0dbefc9702de57d6d6c0b479d0.pngimage.thumb.png.7498bf842970a9303c4e511dd3175557.png

Posted
12 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

For all the talk of an easterly, if ECM is right we could have Irish Sea snow showers next weekend. spacer.png

Something like this would do us all mate, they normally deliver, even here.

overview_20210131_12_156.thumb.jpg.112695150fe93fb5b4b62ddce5c8cbbc.jpg

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
45 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Pinched this out of the mod thread.

Bloody hell.

355141214_Screenshot_2021-01-31Modeloutputdiscussion-isthebeastawakening.thumb.png.38e5c363d7d60f1d3e260af4e9fb186b.png

That's gonna need one hell of a Southern correction to get us back in the game lol

Edited by Dexter
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale
22 minutes ago, iand61 said:

Looks ok but the snow map is for 4am so I’d imagine it’s back to rain for almost everywhere apart from the highest tops by the time most folk are up and about.

during the last effort in the middle of last week we had about 3 hours of light to moderate snow here before it turned to sleet and then rain but it never even tried to stick so even the lightest of coverings will be an improvement but still a massive downgrade on what was showing a couple of days ago.

that said though, it’s heavy snow on offer and it’s the north west it’s heading to about so it’s never going to happen.

As much as I love snow, don't think I'll be setting an alarm for the possibility of seeing a few flakes in the rain at 4AM.

• Like 2

Posted
17 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

For all the talk of an easterly, if ECM is right we could have Irish Sea snow showers next weekend. spacer.png

Thats the only set up which imby I will be confident we are in business.. easterlies are usually a bust for my locale, and as we are seeing now, lows coming in from the south or SW into 'cold' air in situ require so many things falling in place at the same time it becomes almost impossible to hit the jackpot.

• Like 1

Posted
8 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

In the many years I've followed this site I don't think I've ever been as confused about what the weather is going to do next week! Obviously our short term farce of snow and ice warnings on tuesday but bbc weather showing 8c and rain - but then the mad thread being just that. The end of next week is either bitter cold from the east, less cold from the east, maybe coldish from height rises to the north but there might still be low pressure in charge. I've never seen it *this* mixed up. 

If in doubt look at the option which gives the most mediocre weather and put your fiver on that.

i can’t guarantee you’ll always win but more often than not you will.

we do after all live in the most snow starved region of the most snow starved country at this latitude so, no matter what the models show, the reality will always be mild over cold and wet over white.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow.

Just watched the countryfile forecast, not sure we are gonna get the snow with the temps. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, SnowWatcher2 said:

Nope its still not having it! 

image.thumb.png.4a311cf435a8ee20bddcf552d372a25b.png

Bloody hell I was joking when I posted yesterday that it would end up in Svalbard but at this rate it’s going to be closer to there than here.

• Like 1

Posted

Right!! national effort... EVERYONE turn of their heating until Tuesday... and maybe, just maybe, we can keep temps in atmosphere just cold enough to see some snow. 

• Like 5